• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about Accu-trigger (Video)

galveston22

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Texas
Just got a 10FP. My question concerns safety. I am able to have the firing pin release (I think) by pulling on the trigger, but without actually depressing the "take up" trigger. The rifle came out of the box with the trigger set as light as possible. Is this normal?

Here is a quick video of whats happening. After you hear the "snap" the trigger becomes rigid until you cycle the bolt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=601IDCE8fjU

Re: Question about Accu-trigger (Video)

No it's a malfunction I just had this problem with my new model 16.
Call them talk to effie sullivan , they will send you a UPS shipping label to send it back and they will have it back to you in a week or less.

My Savage works great now

That doesn't sound or look like a malfunction just yet. When you hear the click, does the Accu-Trigger blade feel "locked" or very solid?

It looks like to me it is the seer being stopped by the accu-trigger saftey blade as designed. Remove the action from the stock, this won't void the warranty, and watch the seer, and Accu-trigger safety blade while doing the same thing. If you feel uncortable, then by all means, send it in. But I think its the trigger locking because you have not depressed the Accu-trigger blade first, lowering it out of the way of the seer. Again, the only way to confirm this is by watching the trigger out of the stock.

Hope that helps.

Mike

OK I removed the stock to check it out, and here is what is happening. Pulling the trigger without depressing the safety blade releases the sear from its cocked position causing it to slap against trigger blade. Yes the trigger blade becomes locked until the bolt is cycled.

What you are describing is normal and functioning as designed. Look up some info on the Accu-trigger. I've seen a video of it somewhere showing the Safety Blade in action but can't locate it now.

That is what allows the trigger to be set to 1lb. or less and still be safe. If you drop the gun and somehow the seer goes, the blade stops everything and locks the trigger. Again, if you feel unsafe then give them a call and send it in. Savage is not, I repeat, NOT going to want any gun with their name on it that might have an unsafe trigger.

Mike

This doesn't sound like a malfunction at all. I have had my trigger apart many times and have it modified with new lighter springs to make the standard accutrigger the same as the F class trigger. It functions perfect, and it does exactly as what you are describing.

I have to cycle my bolt as well to reset the trigger. If this is a malfunction, I need to know exactly what is wrong about it.

DK

The owners manual states that they are sent from the factory set very light for comp shooting. My new 10pc was set light enough to suprise me, and i was exspecting it.