• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Question about AICS 2.0 stock.

zjmccauley

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2014
Colorado
I have the AICS 2.0 with rem 700 action dropped into it.
What I want to know is: What type of paint coating is on this stock, Can I paint over it with preperation or would I need to strip it?

The color is of the skins in not painted on in. It is the color or the injected polymer. you can prep and paint without issue

How would you suggest going about it?

Also, what material and would that material work on the barrel?

If you are also planning on painting the barrel I would go with cerakote. It will stand up to the test of time and there are many many colors that they make.

You'll hear some varied opinions. Cerakote being one of the best for permanent..and corrosion resistance.
There are some die hard Krylon fans out there too. The biggest part is getting all oil residue off of what your painting. get some 600 grit wet/dry sand paper and acetone. do some basic research and you can rattle can it yourself. If you want to go Cerakote then I recommend you have it professionally done. Check out Branden's ( Shortbus) work (customguncoatings.com)