• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Question about mounting Atlas to B&C Medalist A5..

Amerigo

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
UT
I've read the threads here at SH talking about the best way to do this... I've ordered the Seekins SRS B&C 2.5" rail.

However - I'm confused about how this will be mounted under the forend. My stock only has one sling stud in it, and just past that (maybe 1/4") is a hex screw. Do I unscrew that hex to remove the sling stud?

The only other thing I see under there are three other evenly spaced hex screws that go pretty deep into the stock. Am I supposed to unscrew that sling stud, and then unscrew one of those other screws? I don't have to actually drill into or modify the stock do I?

Sorry for the ignorance here.

Re: Question about mounting Atlas to B&C Medalist A5..

Everything in that thread talked about forends that are different from mine. That entire black area is recessed in, so I don't think any of the methods described would work.

ETA: OK... I think I've found a solution from B&T here. I guess I answered my own question.