• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Question about Remington 700 5R

genbrad

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2014
I got a deal on a new Remington 700 5R 20" threaded. I'm going to put a Nikon Monarch 3 with a 50mm bell on it. Everyone says put Seekins rings on it, which I agree with, but the scope is a 1" tube and they don't offer any different height rings other than lows. Will this present any problem with fitting the scope on with the 50mm bell? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I can really only afford to buy the parts once.

Thanks

If you use a 20 moa scope base, it won't. I run seekins low rings with a 20 moa base and I still have plenty of room on my scope. I even use scope caps.

I guess I've always used Nikon's. I'm going to try and work my way back up to around 800-1000 yards. It will be a paper puncher, not rolling around in the mud. The Monarch 3 will be good out to about 800, I'm really trying to keep the initial scope at about $500 until I can build up enough capital for.... something outragous

Last edited:
When you do upgrade scopes if you aren't going to compete and you are just going to be punching paper every once in awhile I would look at SFP vortex viper PST used here on the hide, or if you don't mind a fixed power SWFA has great fixed 10x, 12x scopes for sub $400.