• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Question about ring height

Smallmouth Crazy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I just bought a 3.5X10X40 Luepold to put on a heavy barreled AR and was wondering about the height of the rings I should buy for it, I want to get a good cheek weld to the stock and Im not sure if I should get highs or extra high?? at one time I thought I should get mediums but I heard those would be to low and I would be smashing my cheek to the stock to get a good field of view through the scope, Im really excited about the scope and now I just need a good set of rings to put it all together. Thanks for any help

Re: Question about ring height

read the sticky above

Sorry guys...I seen the sticky but just assumed they were going to be about bolt guns, I was wrong should have read it first, lots of good info in there Thanks to those who contributed.

So are you good to go then? For the AR, you really need about 1.4-1.5". I would just go with a Larue LT104 or LT158. You really can't go wrong with these mounts.