• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for POF 308 Owners - Rebarrel possible?

jasonk

Very Snipery
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
First of all, yes I could bug POF with this question, but I bug them enough I think so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm waiting on a POF 308 to be delivered, it should be fun. However, let's say I get bored with the 308, can I have GAP or APA or whomever rebarrel the 308 with a 243 or 260 barrel?

If it was a straight DPMS clone I obviously could, but does it being a POF piston rifle make a difference? Can the parts just be swapped to another AR10 style barrel or is there POF mojo that prevents this? Just curious mostly and want to know my options.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Question for POF 308 Owners - Rebarrel possible?

Jason,
The only thing that is different is the gas port location. So if you want to re-barrel it and still use the gas piston system, make sure you send it to George or APA or another very credible gunsmith to have them measure the gas port location.

Wish I could have helped you on the alternative cartridge, but I think its still a few months out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wish I could have helped you on the alternative cartridge, but I think its still a few months out.</div></div>

Scott, thanks for the reply, you were the guy I was trying not to bug and you ended up answering it
smile.gif
Thank you.

You never know on the alternative option, I may just wait and buy a second upper, I just wanted to know what my options were should I go that route. I'm really looking forward to playing with my incoming 308 and that might just keep me satisfied (for a while).

Thanks again,
Jason

Hey Jason, Should we start a pool on how long "satisfied" is? Ha Ha. I love the POF platform. Damn nice. But I cant be running a gas gun. Not in public anyways. I have a couple in the safe but I have to show up with one of my rifles. When you get it let me know. I would like to meet up with you and John for some shooting. He should have the 243 back anyday.

Jason