• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for those with VSeven Harbingers

Trash

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2023
Huntsville, AL
Think I got this in the right place. I’m working on an 8.6 blkout build and noticed the front pivot pin hole for pushing through the detent is oval. It looks clean but I haven’t seen a 308 AR like it before. Everything fit together fine, but would anyone mind confirming this is common or posting a picture straight on of the front of their harbinger lower? I tried to google some images but they are all to angled or the wrong side. I have attached a picture of mine. To clarify I’m not complaining. I am curious if this was a design intent and if it facilitates an easier install and removal. Quick way to determine is to compare.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Thanks for checking! I noticed that I had absolutely zero issues getting the detent in and out when I was tinkering with the pins. On release the detent popped up right through the hole I had my finger over it to prevent launch. I was surprised as I was expecting it to wedge in the pivot pin hole. Started wondering if the oval makes installation and removal easier as well as allowing room to manipulate the pin when installing.

If you're using the V Seven pivot pin with the through hole 90 deg from the detent channel, I would assume it's to push the pivot pin inboard while you remove whatever install tool you're using (punch), so that the detent catches on the pivot pin body before you rotate it.

If you're using the V Seven pivot pin with the through hole 90 deg from the detent channel, I would assume it's to push the pivot pin inboard while you remove whatever install tool you're using (punch), so that the detent catches on the pivot pin body before you rotate
That’s exactly how I did it. It’s a was definitely a lot easier to install than others I have done. I am very impressed with this receiver set which is bad new for my wallet. Already got another build in mind.

Reactions: msgriff
That’s exactly how I did it. It’s a was definitely a lot easier to install than others I have done. I am very impressed with this receiver set which is bad new for my wallet. Already got another build in mind.
I believe that premium manufacturers, like V Seven, put a lot of thought into their products.
080990a9992697173e1f2aa9b968a54d--science-fiction-pop-culture.jpg

Reactions: Ape_Factory