• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Question on Downloadable Fingerprint Card

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I wanted to be able to submit fingerprint cards without a lot of handwriting information on the form. Using Adobe, I'm able to print the information on the card to keep everything neat and legible. I can then print the form on card stock. Then all I have to do is sign it and get fingerprinted.

The FBI has a downloadable fingerprint card but the lines and other lettering is in black ink rather than blue. Keep in mind that the form and revision number is the same as what I received from the ATF. It's just in black ink rather than blue.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258-1.pdf/view

I called the ATF and spoke with a representative on the phone and asked him if the form that I download from the FBI's website would be acceptable even though it has black ink instead of blue.

The gentleman that I spoke with stated that the card would be acceptable even though the ink was black instead of blue.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the downloadable fingerprint card. If so, what was your experience?

The reason that I'm asking is that a different person answering the phone on another day may have a different response from the person I talked with. So I don't want to risk an increased wait time because I have to resubmit fingerprint cards with blue ink.