• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing question on htg adjustable cheek

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
i have and htg for my rem 700 long action and i am wondering if anyone can install a adjustable cheeck piece. if so who and where. mcmillan said they dont after the stock is made on and htg style.no saddle style please.

Re: question on htg adjustable cheek

Just sell it and buy one from JW Precision. He usually has adj HTG's in stock

yeah ive been thinking about that but i dont want to wait 6 months to get a adjus htg in GAP camo.not a fan of the forest. thats why i wanted to add one

tjonh2001,

Not to suppress your desire for an adjustable cheekpiece, but adjust-ability is usually used only once. Move it to your desired height and then you are done. If so have you considered doing this to your HTG:

Cheek-eze pads

The cheek-eze pads are available in 1/16" up to 1/4". Strap an Eagle Stock Pack on top and now your raised up nearly a 1/2" (if you used the 1/4" size pad). If you need more than a 1/2" of rise then a different stock design would be prudent at that point.

Cheap and easy way to achieve extra height. And nobody will know what's under the stock pack....stealthy no???

Bob

i've done the pad under the stock pack. I still prefer the adjustable cheek piece.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tjonh2001,

Not to suppress your desire for an adjustable cheekpiece, but adjust-ability is usually used only once. Move it to your desired height and then you are done. If so have you considered doing this to your HTG:

Cheek-eze pads

The cheek-eze pads are available in 1/16" up to 1/4". Strap an Eagle Stock Pack on top and now your raised up nearly a 1/2" (if you used the 1/4" size pad). If you need more than a 1/2" of rise then a different stock design would be prudent at that point.

Cheap and easy way to achieve extra height. And nobody will know what's under the stock pack....stealthy no???

Bob

</div></div>

That's a damn good idea. I never thought of it. Thanks.

I ran into the same problem with my A1 stock. I "borrowed" an old mouse pad from work (the old neoprene kind) and doubled it up cut to shape, and a few pieces of electrical tape and strapped the ol Eagle stock pack back on and Walla! Cost me about .10 cents in tape.

.10 in tape. Should have splurged and bought the camo tactical tape. Guaranteed to tighten groups by .25 moa - LOL

thats what i have now and i might as well leave it as is. just thought i would see if i had any options. thanks for the help guys..