• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick case rep including neck turning how-to Video

Rootshot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2006
SF Bay Area
Folks,

I've been experimenting with the fastest way to prep new cases and think I have a pretty novel approach worth sharing. Please watch the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbmhiMYGu_o

Since this is so fast, I tend to neck-turn all my new brass. In the video I am prepping Remington brand 260 Rem brass.

It is important to full length size cases first for consistent headspace since the Possum Hollow trimmer indexes off the shoulder. The expander button in the die also sets the proper inside case diameter for the neck turning mandrel.

Flash hole deburring occurs after trimming since the deburring tool indexes based on the overall length.

With a decent drill, this goes very smoothly and it is easy to process a hundred cases in relatively short time.

The 3M Scotch-Brite pad at the end really does a nice job removing any sharp edges and chatter from the chamfer/deburr process.

Hope you like it.

--Rootshot

Re: Quick case rep including neck turning how-to Video

You may want to spend the $12 on a Lee universal 3 jaw chuck and drill adaptor so you dont crush/dent your cases chucking it into the drill.

Plus I see that working for only .223 and 308. good luck getting any magnum cases in your drill.

I do it the same way as you, with a cordless drill, but with the Lee 3 jaw chuck holding the case.