QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

catalyst81

Private
Belligerents
May 6, 2012
Utah
I'll be drilling mine this weekend. Sounds like the basic technique with a hand drill is to peck until it bites and then use low speed with good pressure and don't let it heat up?

Flying Dutchman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
I'll be drilling mine this weekend. Sounds like the basic technique with a hand drill is to peck until it bites and then use low speed with good pressure and don't let it heat up?
Be careful using a hand drill. Drilled mine out Monday per QB instructions with their jig and about half of them looked like this:

Not sure what happened.

This guy over at Reddit had an issue too. 4th paragraph.

Clayzoo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2020
Eform 1 put in Mar 6 and got approval email today so 19 days and ordered the 5.56 can for qb on mar 5 engraved and got shipping info Monday for it so should be in this week

Reactions: Juggerxxx

cavemannnn

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2020
Has anyone heard about the Brandywine TI .45 baffles shipping? I thought they said mid-March but understand if that got delayed. Haven’t gotten a shipping email yet..

cavemannnn

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2020
Has anyone heard about the Brandywine TI .45 baffles shipping? I thought they said mid-March but understand if that got delayed. Haven’t gotten a shipping email yet..
I went ahead and emailed Brandywine after that post. Looks like SS will be shipping end of next week and they said “Ti parts are about 2-3 weeks out,” but I’m not sure if that means the materials are 2-3 weeks out or if the products will be sent in 2-3 weeks. Either way, I’m still waiting on my ATF permission slip to come back.

Clayzoo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2020
Well received my 30 cal can it is heavy but not unbearable for the size
But missing the 5/8 x 24 entrance cap
Tried calling but got no answer and the last two emails I sent were never responded to either....

BerettaguyCC2

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2020
I went ahead and emailed Brandywine after that post. Looks like SS will be shipping end of next week and they said “Ti parts are about 2-3 weeks out,” but I’m not sure if that means the materials are 2-3 weeks out or if the products will be sent in 2-3 weeks. Either way, I’m still waiting on my ATF permission slip to come back.
Sounds like o should get my Ti K's around same time ATF gives me my slip. Now if QB would drop another 25% off code before then, that would be great! Now only thing left to decide is to bore fore 9mm or .45

KFreter03

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2020
Sounds like o should get my Ti K's around same time ATF gives me my slip. Now if QB would drop another 25% off code before then, that would be great! Now only thing left to decide is to bore fore 9mm or .45
Same boat here - waiting for another 25% off code and placing an order. I've been looking around and it seems like their product is definitely worth trying out.

Reactions: BuckeyeGlock77

phatdoughnut

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2020
Got mine drilled out today.

I noticed that the holes are not perfectly center. It appears they all cheat left of center when the spoon is at 6 o'clock.

This is probably the worst one:

Not sure wth I did wrong.
Did you use the jig? I think someone had a similar issue and their cups were not properly seated in the jig.

Flying Dutchman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
Did you use the jig? I think someone had a similar issue and their cups were not properly seated in the jig.
Yes, I used the jig with a hand drill. Not sure what happened, but pretty sure I had the baffles seated correctly. Drilled into the face of the baffle like their video said.

I ended up having to use a round file and filing down sections of the baffle holes that cheated into an alignment rod.

Shot it Sunday with a MP .22 Compact, and other than a loud FRP, it sounded pretty decent considering that I now have probably close to a .30" butchered bore. Lol

phatdoughnut

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2020
Yes, I used the jig with a hand drill. Not sure what happened, but pretty sure I had the baffles seated correctly. Drilled into the face of the baffle like their video said.

I ended up having to use a round file and filing down sections of the baffle holes that cheated into an alignment rod.

Shot it Sunday with a MP .22 Compact, and other than a loud FRP, it sounded pretty decent considering that I now have probably close to a .30" butchered bore. Lol
I bet they weren't seated in there properly. I think up a acouple of posts someone said to rotate the cups 180* from each other. You should try that.

Flying Dutchman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
I bet they weren't seated in there properly. I think up a acouple of posts someone said to rotate the cups 180* from each other. You should try that.
Possible, I guess, but I doubt it. Pretty sure I had the baffles seated evenly against the jig shoulder.

The guy in the Reddit article I posted had an issue with the baffle lining up with the jig hole, not it seating in the jig.

epoletna

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2020
This probably sounds like a flippant question, but I'm in my late seventies so have to think of this kind of thing: is there any resale value to a make-it-yourself suppressor? Or even a commercial one? It's in your name, with a tax stamp in your name, and if you or your estate have to dispose of it some day, how do is this done? Seems like a rather complex issue.

Reactions: required_user_name

Flying Dutchman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
This probably sounds like a flippant question, but I'm in my late seventies so have to think of this kind of thing: is there any resale value to a make-it-yourself suppressor? Or even a commercial one? It's in your name, with a tax stamp in your name, and if you or your estate have to dispose of it some day, how do is this done? Seems like a rather complex issue.
The person purchasing would still have to submit their own form4 and await for approval before taking possession.

The suppressor would have to be transferred from you or your estate to the purchaser through an SOT too.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
I spoke to them on Friday of last week. They said they were finishing up the last op on the SS cups in the mill and deburring them and then shipping. So if they havent shipped already, they should be this week.

Clownbuster

Brigadier Brass Boss
Belligerents
Jan 2, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I spoke to them on Friday of last week. They said they were finishing up the last op on the SS cups in the mill and deburring them and then shipping. So if they havent shipped already, they should be this week.
So they're finishing up with all including Ti cups and shipping this week?

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Okay, I guess we were thinking Ti would've been shipping this week too based on intel from two weeks ago on Ti finally coming in two weeks ago March 26. More patience then. Thanks.
I dont work for them. If you are looking for actual updates on your specific order you would be best to contact them directly

Businesses are all running short staffed and best they can with everything going on today.

Reactions: BuckeyeGlock77

Clownbuster

Brigadier Brass Boss
Belligerents
Jan 2, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I dont work for them. If you are looking for actual updates on your specific order you would be best to contact them directly

Businesses are all running short staffed and best they can with everything going on today.
I reached out and didn't hear back from them. I understand if they're understaffed, and I'm not trying to start a problem here, I'm simply trying to find out the status of a prepaid order that barely made enough orders to make it happen six weeks ago - I ordered two SS+Ti kits just to make sure it did happen. I think I speak for everyone when I say we are very grateful for you championing this for us. We're just ready for this to happen, that's all.

Bumcity206

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2019
Baffles that are clipped, how do you guys get them to stay orientated in line with eachother? Or do you just have to allow them to end up where they end up? Or are the internals held in there tight enough that it doesn't allow them to rotate?

DellaDog

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2017
Dallas, TX
Well, I’m not having much luck. Ruger Mk4, shoots well at 25 yards but sprays them with the suppressor. I’ve tried alternating baffles, ensuring it‘s tight on the barrel, inspected each TI baffle, cleaned and reinstalled - but it still sprays them like crazy. Any suggestions?

Without (Picture is sideways)

2133998D-88FE-4480-A368-E40A1B6149C3.jpeg

With suppressor . Aim point lower right diamond.

6BD435D5-BCDE-4B1C-89F5-94F97BD8409A.jpeg

Last edited:

DellaDog

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2017
Dallas, TX
Thanks
Probably 200-300.
I’ll clean the baffles and inspect again. Pretty frustrating. Almost seems like its clipping, but i don't think it is.

SBRSarge

Private
Belligerents
Jul 9, 2019
How far does the muzzle threading protrude into the can? Some muzzles have longer threaded portions and I have seen the extra protrusion cause groups to be huge.

Try a few shims on the muzzle. NOT crush washers, shims. Crush washers may cause an out-of-alignment can and baffle strikes. I did this on a Savage rifle and it corrected the issue immediately.

DellaDog

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2017
Dallas, TX
How far does the muzzle threading protrude into the can? Some muzzles have longer threaded portions and I have seen the extra protrusion cause groups to be huge.
Thanks. I just measured, pretty close to 0.400 as padom says.

Just cleaned the baffles and they look fine to me. (CLR is great stuff for this) Tried taking a pic down the tube, but the picture sux.
Not sure what’s left to do. Seems odd I’d have to shoot 100-200 rounds to get a can accurate.

26A4D519-6102-4DB6-B55C-255D89AA8845.jpeg

56458DF5-DC2D-4E55-956A-F1537C10B634.jpeg

DellaDog

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2017
Dallas, TX
Found someone else in another thread recommend trying a nylon flat washer to snug the fit. I guess I’ll give that a try. Sure hope it helps, otherwise this was a pretty costly experiment. Thanks for the recommendation.

Clayzoo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2020
Has anyone found a way to contact quietbore? Something was wrong with ups and returned to sender now I can’t get a email reply or anyone to answer the phone there to get the package sent back to me

BuckeyeGlock77

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2020
Recently discovered this site, and I am blown away with the information in this thread on the QB .22 trap.

I’m going to pull the trigger on one for my G44, and I’m curious how many folks have used this trap with a Ti baffle as the first and aluminum following to help with long term durability.

For those of you experienced with the trap, have you done this or had issues?

Thanks,

CountryShooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2019
Recently discovered this site, and I am blown away with the information in this thread on the QB .22 trap.

I’m going to pull the trigger on one for my G44, and I’m curious how many folks have used this trap with a Ti baffle as the first and aluminum following to help with long term durability.

For those of you experienced with the trap, have you done this or had issues?

Thanks,
I have all aluminum baffles in mine. I've got easy 6000 rounds through it, if not more. .22LR only. I don't see any wear on the baffles yet.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Its not about wear on the AI baffles from shooting. You can't use CLR, Ultrasonic, SS to clean AI. That's why most of us go with the TI baffles. 22lr requires much more cleaning than a Centerfire can as they fill up with lead.

Reactions: Juggerxxx

BuckeyeGlock77

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2020
Its not about wear on the AI baffles from shooting. You can't use CLR, Ultrasonic, SS to clean AI. That's why most of us go with the TI baffles. 22lr requires much more cleaning than a Centerfire can as they fill up with lead.
Fantastic - Thank you. Since I was adding a cup, I might as well spring the extra $80 and get all Ti then. I’m definitely going to keep the thing cleaned up and running as long as possible.

Again, glad to have discovered the forum and appreciate the advice on Ti for the cleaning aspect!

required_user_name

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
Check out this link for estate planning:

I did a trust, which was cheap through national gun trusts. $60 maybe, don't recall exactly.

BuckeyeGlock77

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2020
Agree, I did a trust a year ago and just now getting my first trap. I’m figuring it will make it easier to leave to my kids if they want them - up to them.

I purchased the .22 trap today in Ti, as I figure that will be around for a long time being Ti.

Get the trust, makes easier I think.

Flying Dutchman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
Well, I’m not having much luck. Ruger Mk4, shoots well at 25 yards but sprays them with the suppressor. I’ve tried alternating baffles, ensuring it‘s tight on the barrel, inspected each TI baffle, cleaned and reinstalled - but it still sprays them like crazy. Any suggestions?

Without (Picture is sideways)

View attachment 7308521

With suppressor . Aim point lower right diamond.

View attachment 7308319
I did some experimenting with my QB-22 this weekend.

I tried it with the clips all in alignment. The result was the can was noticeably quieter, but POI was ridiculously high. Like 6-8" high with my MP Compact pistol at 15yrds. When I arrange the clips to 180* apart, the groups tightened up to 1-2" (I pretty much suck with handguns), which is inline with what I was getting without the suppressor. Can had a little more pop with this arrangement though. Shooting CCI SV and Geico Match.

Last edited:
Reactions: DellaDog