• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

Quick question. Im looking at suppressing my CMMG Banshee 9mm. Direct thread obviously. But I dont see a place on the website for Ti? Also is is possible to get the 30 cal kit and the 9mm drill kit? The banshee is a chainsaw, it chews through rounds and its already super light, a beefier suppressor would be ideal would it not? So many questions!

I love my CMMG RDB set up. I run a can that's made from all Super Precision Concepts parts. If you are wanting all Ti, have a look at them. I went with 1.75"x7" primarily for use on an AR10 but bored .420 for use on 9mm as well. It's quiet and only about 15 oz.

Was going to order a 22lr trap today with engraving. Is there any other discount codes in addition to snipershide? I see they lowered it from 25% to 10% off.
Also, on the engraving. Do I put my full name, City & State (Or just 1), one word for make/model, a made up serial number and then just .22?

Was going to order a 22lr trap today with engraving. Is there any other discount codes in addition to snipershide? I see they lowered it from 25% to 10% off.
Also, on the engraving. Do I put my full name, City & State (Or just 1), one word for make/model, a made up serial number and then just .22?

You need to put EXACTLY what was put on your form 1, or if you're doing it proactively, exactly what you're going to put on your form 1.

IF you're using a trust, you need to put the trusts name...because its not YOU who owns the suppressor.

Trust Name (or you if going individual)
City AND State
Model
Serial Number
Caliber (Exactly what you put on form 1, so ".22" if thats what you have)

Reactions: RC556
You need to put EXACTLY what was put on your form 1, or if you're doing it proactively, exactly what you're going to put on your form 1.

IF you're using a trust, you need to put the trusts name...because its not YOU who owns the suppressor.

Trust Name (or you if going individual)
City AND State
Model
Serial Number
Caliber (Exactly what you put on form 1, so ".22" if thats what you have)
Gotcha, I was going to do the eFile tomorrow and order the trap today. So for "model" I could just put like, "Suppressor" and just make up a serial number? Cal will be .22

Gotcha, I was going to do the eFile tomorrow and order the trap today. So for "model" I could just put like, "Suppressor" and just make up a serial number? Cal will be .22

No. You might need to read up on submitting a form 1. QB has an instructiins/how to on their website. The model is something you select from ATF website drop down... like .22LR or .22 Long Rifle....

Reactions: Gustav7

for model you can pick from the list on the eform system or select “n/a” and skip the model name.
If you select your own model name (write one in) it will take longer because they have to approve the name.
The easiest way to do it is either pick from the hundreds of available names OR select “n/a”.

someone will have to correct me if I’m wrong but if you select “n/a” you CAN still engrave a model name on the can or just leave it off. Again, correct me if I’m wrong, you can engrave whatever you want on the tube as long as the required info is there (name-or-trust, location, caliber & s/n)

Like Padom just said, none of this is random. It all matters what you put lol.

1.) you can make up a model name. If you make it up, it can possibly take a couple days longer to approve the form. I made up my own model name and it took 24 days. If you’re gonna make it up, at least make it cool
2.) you can select a model name form the drop down when you do the form 1. There’s a ton of model names on there to choose from. You would pick one and then have that engraved on it

for model you can pick from the list on the eform system or select “n/a” and skip the model name.
If you select your own model name (write one it) it will take longer because they have to approve the name.
The easiest way to do it is either pick from the hundreds of available names OR select “n/a”.

someone will have to correct me if I’m wrong but if you select “n/a” you CAN still engrave a model name on the can or just leave it off. Again, correct me if I’m wrong, you can engrave whatever you want on the tube as long as the required info is there (name-or-trust, location, caliber & s/n)

News to me and just creating reasons for issues.. just select one of the 100's of models from the drop down and be done with it.

I hope the wait time is still around 30 days for eFile, Would match up perfectly with the shipping for QB

I hope the wait time is still around 30 days for eFile, Would match up perfectly with the shipping for QB

My last one (june 16) was 20 days. I selected “n/a” as model name.

The one before that (end of May) was about 40 days when I made my own model name up.

I would highly suggest you buy the trap first. Do the engraving, measure the length and then fill out the Form 1. That way, you will have everything of importance in your hand to complete the Form 1 correctly.

YMMV

Everything noted. Now, is snipershide still the only discount code? For 10% off

Is anyone using a qd mount on the QuietBore 30 cal? Their website says the mount is 1.375x28 and most other mounts are 1.375x24.. not sure if that is a typo on their website or what. If anyone did find one that fits who makes it?

Is this the correct page for a Form 1? https://www.atf.gov/file/11281/download
I have tried to fill it out and I cannot do it. It will not let me write my address on line 3b. I'm using a tablet if that matters

It’s not a downloaded form man. You have to make a login and then login to the Eforms page and fill it out via their site/process.

go to quietbore.com andunder one of the tabs they have a step by step process. It takes you through every step

Any way you could copy and paste here so registration is not required?

I'll PM you details from the thread but he sells cleaning kit parts on Newegg if you dont need anything customized. You save a few bucks by pming him on form1boards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200910-040135_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200910-040135_Chrome.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 103
I haven't seen this posted in this thread or elsewhere in the Suppressor subform:

Quietbore is Back in Action!

Officially selling Form 1 Kits.
Thanks for sticking with us through this unprecedented time and supporting our company! We wanted to give you an update on everything, specifically our change in business model. Quietbore is now officially selling Form 1 kits.
As some may know Quietbore is a subsidiary of Creative Arms LLC. a 07/02 firearms and suppressor manufacturer. We strive to produce high quality, affordable products made in the U.S.A. For more information on our company and firearms please visit www.creativearms.com
What is a form 1 kit?
It is the materials needed to construct your own suppressor. These are not suppressor parts, they are pre-machined (unfinished) components that allow you to build your own suppressor at home.
All kits and some components will require an approved Form 1 before product can be shipped. All kits will be laser marked with NFA engravings matching the approved Form 1 and kits only ship to the address on the approved Form 1.
Why all this paperwork and fuss? Because there is no gray area. You have already been approved and vetted by the ATF and FBI and you intend to build a suppressor and need materials to construct it.
What items require an approved Form 1?

• Complete Kits (all kits will be marked with the Form 1 information for FREE)
  • Tubes (all tubes will be marked with the Form 1 information for FREE)
  • Unfinished Internal Components
What Items do not require an approved Form 1?

• Mounts / Thread Adapters
  • Caps
  • Booster housings and pistons
  • Tools and Fixtures
What Items require a FFL and SOT?

All Suppressor parts

If you are a 07/02 FFL SOT ask about our dealer program where we can sell you completed suppressor components for repairs and construction of your own products. We have a generous dealer program allowing you to make great profit margins.

You can not be approved to build your own suppressor if it not allowed in your state. Kits are not for sale outside the USA and will not be shipped to any address other than that on the approved Form 1. If you have questions whether it is legal to own a suppressor in your state, please visit the following link and check with your local authorities.

Reactions: drew_235
All kits and some components will require an approved Form 1 before product can be shipped. All kits will be laser marked with NFA engravings matching the approved Form 1 and kits only ship to the address on the approved Form 1.
Why all this paperwork and fuss? Because there is no gray area. You have already been approved and vetted by the ATF and FBI and you intend to build a suppressor and need materials to construct it.

I'm surprised this is not getting more discussion (granted, maybe I just haven't found the thread that covered the subject). This company went from a "solvent trap" manufacturer to a "Form 1" manufacturer that requires a copy of your Form 1 before they can ship you a kit for you to finish. I don't know if this is going to be the standard approach for all solvent trap kits going forward or if Quietbore had to do this because they are also a 07/02 firearms and suppressor manufacturer.
If this is the standard approach going forward, how does this mesh with the idea that I can purchase an 80% lower and have it shipped to my door? That is obviously a rhetorical question since the ATF has a maze of rules that make almost no sense...

If this is the standard approach going forward, how does this mesh with the idea that I can purchase an 80% lower and have it shipped to my door? That is obviously a rhetorical question since the ATF has a maze of rules that make almost no sense...

Because according to Federal law and if you live in a "Free" state, you can take a 80% lower and make a gun that you can legally own without needing any paperwork or federal stamp tax, so long as you follow the standard rules for end product configuration.

Compared to you cannot legally make a suppressor at all or even start on one without a form showing you paid the Tax stamp.

So my guess is because it's become a "grey area" thanks to the evil Chinese flooding the market with "fuel filter" kits, they have decided to play it safe for themselves and their customers, to make sure there is NO chance for any questioning.

The end user gets included engraving and lots of peace of mind.

I've spoken to a few solvent trap manufacturers and they are livid with Quietbore. They believe that Quietbore has opened a door that the ATF will walk right in and make wholesale changes to the solvent trap industry. Buy em while you can, because I've got a feeling that things may change and it won't be in our favor.

It is amazing how things change. Just last year, there was talk about removing suppressors from the NFA, now you can't buy a solvent trap without having an approved Form 1.

Sad!

Reactions: MarkLeupold
Local shop told me their engraving doesn't meet NFA standards. Anyone know if this is true?

it catches my nail. They also make form4 suppressors. So I’m guessing they are ok. I don’t have a gauge sorry. If the atf is inspecting my engravings I have Something else to worry about.

• Haha
Reactions: RC556 and BullGear
Bringing this back to life - purchased a Form 1 22 lr kit Sunday with the 25% off discount code. Just need to get my prints in the mail! Looking forward to using this on my Buckmark.

Reactions: bucklowery
Bringing this back to life - purchased a Form 1 22 lr kit Sunday with the 25% off discount code. Just need to get my prints in the mail! Looking forward to using this on my Buckmark.
I think you'll like it. I ordered 2 more last Friday and just put the prints in the mail today.

I had a heck of a time finding an agency to do prints. My local CLEO was by appointment only and booked out 3 weeks. I went to the neighboring county and got in pretty quick.

I had a heck of a time finding an agency to do prints. My local CLEO was by appointment only and booked out 3 weeks. I went to the neighboring county and got in pretty quick.

Order the paper and ink from Amazon and do them yourself. First couple I used local police station and last couple I did my own. No issues at all from BATF.

Order the paper and ink from Amazon and do them yourself. First couple I used local police station and last couple I did my own. No issues at all from BATF.

That's what I was planning on doing - paper and ink should be here tomorrow! It's my first Form 1 and it was a very straight forward process with the E-filing.

Has anyone done the Silencer Shop Form 1's with this kit? They already have my FP's and info on-file from where I bought my 3 cans that I'm currently waiting on stamp approvals for...

This has intrigued me greatly... Which NEVER = good for my wallet. Also, what's the current wait times on Form 1's? The whole 4-6 month process for Form-4 cans is complete bullshit, but it is what it is... They really need to pass the Hearing Protection Act or the SHUSH Act.

I think you'll like it. I ordered 2 more last Friday and just put the prints in the mail today.

you can skip that whole process and order your fingerprint cards from the atf and then do them yourself!!

Reactions: waspocrew
The silencer shop form 1 is not e-file. You’re looking at an extended wait if you go that route.

The silencer shop form 1 is not e-file. You’re looking at an extended wait if you go that route.
They tried e-file. I was one of the guinea pigs. It took 3-4 months to sort it out but it wasn't their fault and made it right anyway. Much better to just do it on ATF.gov and have it back in less than a month.

Reactions: DellaDog
Many thanks for all the info. This has been very informative. I was thinking this was the way to go especially for my .22. I had no idea that the wait time was 30 days or less. That's amazing news.

Don't necessarily bank on the 30 days. Many are waiting quite longer (over 2 months) because of BGC. Not saying to shy away from the form1 ...

Submitted a form 1 for a new .22 can on Dec 27, 2020, received cover letter March 2, 2021. I selected my own model and serial number so I knew the whole "pending research" thing would add time. I've done 3 prior form 1s in the past 2 years using my own numbers for all. All the others went from submitted to approved (including the "pending research" issue right around a month. I knew there would be a delay this time, but it's not a big deal for me since i have others I can shoot in the meantime. I hope once they receive my prints this week it doesn't take an additional two months to get approved...

Does anyone have a valid 25% off code?
Thanks