• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rain

Colorado(my neighborhood at least) is about to get some of the fluffy, frozen rain this weekend. We had a pretty wet summer but it’s been pretty dry lately

We got over 7 inches just Noth of us last night, that's in the lake Buchanan watershed ,so the lake I'm on will come up some , the llano river is rolling , so lake Travis will get some of that ,

Reactions: lash and Texascbr
Been trying to get a trench excavated for the last 3 days so we can get conduit in the ground... But it's too wet to get the HydroVac truck in to get it done.

We sure needed the rain though so I won't gripe too much.

Mike

North central Idaho we got a lot of rain that started in August. Unusual. And now today (10/26) we are getting snow.

We got over 7 inches just Noth of us last night, that's in the lake Buchanan watershed ,so the lake I'm on will come up some , the llano river is rolling , so lake Travis will get some of that ,
Thats good, I read a few weeks back they had restricted swimming in parts of the Llano River because of bacteria.

We'll get it, this evening in NW Louisiana. We've had a good bit of rain for the year, but it's been way dry and hot for the past five months. Farmer's Almanac says we'll have a very cold, very wet winter, but they were wrong about summer. Meteorologists are like medical doctors... a bunch of overpaid guessers.

Getting some much needed rain here in the Texas hill country , 3.50 inches already and still raining , and more in the forecast, maybe lake Buchcanan will come up some , we're over 20ft low.
@ironman56 - where are you situated , my property is between Burnet and Lampassas - looking at the radar it shows around 2" of rain damn I need it my creek has been dry for 18 months , my ponds have been dry for 12 months

@ironman56 - where are you situated , my property is between Burnet and Lampassas - looking at the radar it shows around 2" of rain damn I need it my creek has been dry for 18 months , my ponds have been dry for 12 months
I'm on the south side of lake Buchanan, Golden beach, sounds like your around lake victor.

It's coming. The front is moving this way. Sunday evening to Monday sometime. Too late in the season though. I've been feeding hay for weeks already.
I remember the drought of 1980. Started feeding hay in late June, early July. Kept right on through October and was running low for my winter supply. Then it hit, perhaps the wettest and semi warmest November in memory. Had green grass almost knee deep in every pasture. Didn’t feed a sprig until deep into December. It saved me. (And my cows)

My grandpa sat beneath the shade of a post Oak,
Pulled out his watch and he looked at the sky.
Wondered out loud "Will it ever rain? Can't remember when it was this dry."
And he looked at his wife and his dusty children,
And he pondered the fate of a farmin' man.
You make a crop and it ain't worth nothing.
The next year the weather got him again.

And it was dry in 1930, and it was dry in '32.
I don't need a New Deal handout,
A little rain will do.
---

I dunno, talking rain and some of you guys talking about hay got that started in my head.

It's coming. The front is moving this way. Sunday evening to Monday sometime. Too late in the season though. I've been feeding hay for weeks already.
Yup, been feeding hay since July. I bought everything I could find. Cows are selling high so I dedicated some to the cause do I could keep the best. My coastal fields were looking rough and this rain has for sure helped.

IMG_20231026_060841644.jpg

This was what I woke up to this morning...

It's been raining or drizzly almost every day for two or three weeks up here in Michigan. I'm over it.

It would be nice to see the sun shine for a little while.

Reactions: Maggot
Here (KC area) as of yesterday the thing on my house said 4.5" I guess we need it, but my shooting area on my property will be a swamp.

I lived in Llano for a bunch of years and remember the flood circa 2005 that nearly washed the town away.

Rivers are the lowest I’ve ever seen in middle Tennessee. Relic hunters scouring the banks on refuge land.

Reactions: Darayavaus
Good to hear. My sister lives on Burnet side of the lake and currently can’t even see the lake due to all the lake bed growth and the fact that the shoreline has moved almost a half mile away from their property. They will be happy.

Yea we fish the pads a lot. Good fishing in there.
Often I will fish near the bridge over the back water (closer to the warden station.) Sometimes, the creek west of there near that other bridge. I have thought about the pads, too.

Reactions: lash and Stevo86
That’s what Farmers Almanac says and they’ve been right as often as the “meteorologists” on TV are. Seems like maybe technology has(not) come a long way in 231 years…😁

Reactions: Ronws
Sounds like a bunch of old farmers in here.

BTW river is up about 10 feet this week.
Not anymore, sold the farm, moved away. Only regrets, some darned good deer hunting.

However,

Built a cottage on a lake when the prices were cheap, never looked back. Too old to get hit with Capital Gains, Unless biden does one of his famous executive oder/rules. However, probably die right here in 30 to 35 years, maybe longer, so, it may be a moot point anyway :D

How do you know it will be a long winter?

When you see indians gathering lots of firewood.

When I was about 8 we were all sledding down a steep hill when I found a buried stump. Some stiches and a concussion later I was feeling much better.

• Haha
Reactions: chevy_man