• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rainier Arms agrees to give NYC all info on “ghost gun” buyers

You think a firearm business won’t be targeted by the IRS in any way they possibly can be?

That’s cute. And foolishly optimistic. Think Lois Lerner…

no-calling.gif

You really think the firearms biz sucking the feds dick more will make the fed hate them and target them less?

That’s even more cute

Reactions: hkmp5s
No

You have all the records from your merchant processor to prove what came in, you do NOT need to keep every single detail of what they bought

The only reason they keep that data is to try to sell you more shit via annoying spam emails, every time I get one I always hit unsubscribe, but worse than keeping my data to pester me all too often that personal data is weaponized by gov or private sector, or just get leaked.
Holy fuck, do you ever sober up and read the shit you post and feel really stupid ?

Holy fuck, do you ever sober up and read the shit you post and feel really stupid ?

I’m stone cold sober and stone cold correct

Why don’t you quit flinging insults like a chimp flinging shit and actually make a logical argument

I believe there is no good reason other than SPAM advertising to keep non required records (ie 4473 etc) of firearms related purchases that tie to a individual customer, especially when you know a overreaching gov might target your customers like with 80%s

At the very least provide a opt out option that the customer acknowledged may limit their product support 🤷‍♂️

Kinda cool to look out for your customers, you know the people who give you their hard earned money that you use to keep your lights on and food on your kids table?

If you think I’m wrong please provide at least a semi logical reason why

Last edited:
I'm not saying they don't what I'm saying is should a company that sells something relatively controversial keep detailed records of these things when not legally required to do so. RA did, fuck'em.

This is my question.

They sold a hunk of metal. All data should be deleted within a few weeks of shipment, only delay being to insure customers got product they actually ordered.

As soon as they were approached with a lawsuit, they simply let the daily delete run and by discovery they have zero records.

"Oops, didn't know we had to change our sales operation" is a hell of a lot better look to a judge and jury than "I just deleted everything, fuck you!"

That is not possible unless they essentially wanted to give away everything for free and go broke in a hurry.
The moment people find out you are doing that, they will be waiting a month and then calling up their credit card companies and disputing the charge and demanding they get it back for free. Just look at how many folks on SH have as an automatic reaction "well just call your credit card and charge it back"
Sorry but that kind of thing means folks have to keep very good records of orders and delivery for over a year at least.
The price you pay for that "protection" everyone loves so much on their credit cards (in addition to the 3% national sales tax you pay to the banks).

Retailers keep records as a 'customer service' because they know that retaining receipts is an art in and of itself. Does anyone remember having to show a receipt before being able to return or exchange an item at a store? I can barely get home with a receipt, let alone file it somewhere. What the retailers need is an "opt out" for record retention with a disclaimer that no return/exchange can be honored without proof of purchase.

Nice idea but NOPE it will NOT work. Assholes will simply still charge it back to their credit card companies, credit card companies will say, tough luck, you are losing your shirt and if you don't like it go try suing each lying cheating stealing thieving customer in small claims court in their local city...

Nope that's the price you pay for all this "consumer protection" that everyone demanded. Just about nothing you buy from a business with any traceable / retractable payment, can't be tracked down if needed.

Reactions: Im2bent
I'm not saying they don't what I'm saying is should a company that sells something relatively controversial keep detailed records of these things when not legally required to do so. RA did, fuck'em.

Yes they are required to keep those records both by the payment processors and the tax authorities.

If you don't agree, try doing it your way, let me know how long you last when the chargebacks and the tax audits come in.

It is completely fucking normal for businesses to keep detailed records of purchases for the purpose of facilitating returns, refunds, warranties, and recalls. Midway does it, so does Brownells, as does Mile High, Euro Optic, and virtually every other online vendor in every industry. This is not new or abnormal, and failing to maintain these records would be a customer service nightmare for all involved. Imagine how many threads we'd see here and on Reddit and Arf.com if Ranier didn't do this. Sure, they could come up with boilerplate terms and conditions that basically say "keep records of your purchase or else you're screwed", but that'd just change the specifics of the online shitshorms.

Maintaining these records for all "normal" purchases but not for 80% receivers would have basically been an admission of guilt. I'm pretty sure I know how my attorney would react if I sent that idea up the flagpole.

There are also the obligations put in places by payment processors.

A better idea would have been to not break NYC laws. I'm guessing that Ranier already has mechanisms in place to prevent illegal shipment of things like standard-capacity magazines, and so there's really not much excuse for this failure.

These threads make it all too clear who understands the most basic business and legal concepts, and those who fling poop from the sidelines.

It is completely fucking normal for businesses to keep detailed records of purchases for the purpose of facilitating returns, refunds, warranties, and recalls. Midway does it, so does Brownells, as does Mile High, Euro Optic, and virtually every other online vendor in every industry. This is not new or abnormal, and failing to maintain these records would be a customer service nightmare for all involved. Imagine how many threads we'd see here and on Reddit and Arf.com if Ranier didn't do this. Sure, they could come up with boilerplate terms and conditions that basically say "keep records of your purchase or else you're screwed", but that'd just change the specifics of the online shitshorms.

Maintaining these records for all "normal" purchases but not for 80% receivers would have basically been an admission of guilt. I'm pretty sure I know how my attorney would react if I sent that idea up the flagpole.

A better idea would have been to not break NYC laws. I'm guessing that Ranier already has mechanisms in place to prevent illegal shipment of things like standard-capacity magazines, and so there's really not much excuse for this failure.

These threads make it all too clear who understands the most basic business and legal concepts, and those who fling poop from the sidelines.
To add on to this, if you don't think that Midway, Brownells, Euro Optic, Mile High, (insert your favorite vendor here) wouldn't do the exact same thing that Rainer did, I've got ocean front property for sale...

It's really sad to see how many don't understand why people use cash and avoid online shopping. I guess they've never noticed when you swipe your credit card at home depot that you get an email receipt even though you never technically gave them any of your information.

Yes they are required to keep those records both by the payment processors and the tax authorities.

If you don't agree, try doing it your way, let me know how long you last when the chargebacks and the tax audits come in.

Can you link me to the law of keeping records of exact non regulated items sold?

Check a box, I agree to have this transaction deleted and accept by doing so XYZ

Per the IRS they can show the money coming in, taxes collected to items sold, that’s that

That is not possible unless they essentially wanted to give away everything for free and go broke in a hurry.
The moment people find out you are doing that, they will be waiting a month and then calling up their credit card companies and disputing the charge and demanding they get it back for free. Just look at how many folks on SH have as an automatic reaction "well just call your credit card and charge it back"
Sorry but that kind of thing means folks have to keep very good records of orders and delivery for over a year at least.
The price you pay for that "protection" everyone loves so much on their credit cards (in addition to the 3% national sales tax you pay to the banks).

Nice idea but NOPE it will NOT work. Assholes will simply still charge it back to their credit card companies, credit card companies will say, tough luck, you are losing your shirt and if you don't like it go try suing each lying cheating stealing thieving customer in small claims court in their local city...

Nope that's the price you pay for all this "consumer protection" that everyone demanded. Just about nothing you buy from a business with any traceable / retractable payment, can't be tracked down if needed.

Never would have thought of that. I have never used the charge back feature though.

I'm also far too lazy to machine my own receiver even if it's 80%. I just buy lowers and toss together an AR when I find i need something different than the ones I already have.

Check a box, I agree to have this transaction deleted and accept by doing so XYZ

It's pointless trying to argue it with you since it doesn't sound like you actually have lots of experience with how distance selling and payment processor disputes work.

Your great ideas about click here to accept XYZ pretty much is meaningless unless you are willing to sue the customer to enforce it.

There is the way you think the world should work.
Then there is how those who do such things for a living know how the world actually works.

It's pointless trying to argue it with you since it doesn't sound like you actually have lots of experience with how distance selling and payment processor disputes work.

Your great ideas about click here to accept XYZ pretty much is meaningless unless you are willing to sue the customer to enforce it.

Then there is how those who do such things for a living know how the world actually works.
Jeebuz, the seller/vendor is going to do whatever they have to do to stay inside of the lines with the revenuers and the .gov entities. The vendors care very little about the "well being" of their customers, when contrasted against trying to stay in business and out from under the microscope of .gov. Vendors are trying to keep their businesses alive. The surest way of getting shut down (and losing not only your livelihood, but possibly everything) is to run afoul of .gov. One or two pissed off customers isn't going to amount to dick.

W54, you obviously get it. Those that don't are living in an altruistic dream world. It would be all peaches and cream if they were right. But, they're not. It's not how the world works, sorry to say.

And don't anyone go slamming me for "siding with .gov/the monsters". I'm not. I'm just telling you what the reality of the situation is.

I get you have tons of experience, that’s why I asked for you to state the law code or a link to it, where it says sellers need to keep a detailed record of the exact items the person bought

To add on to this, if you don't think that Midway, Brownells, Euro Optic, Mile High, (insert your favorite vendor here) wouldn't do the exact same thing that Rainer did, I've got ocean front property for sale...

And this has nothing to do with a company's stance on 2A or any other chest-beating. If you get a subpoena to produce documents, you can produce those documents, or attempt to quash the subpoena, or you can get hauled in front of the judge for contempt of court. None of these are great options, but one is less painful (and less expensive) than the others.

Reactions: 91Eunozs and Bradu
And this has nothing to do with a company's stance on 2A or any other chest-beating. If you get a subpoena to produce documents, you can produce those documents, or attempt to quash the subpoena, or you can get hauled in front of the judge for contempt of court. None of these are great options, but one is less painful (and less expensive) than the others.

Great way to avoid it all is

“we didnt keep those records, we were not legally required to keep such records, we have nothing to produce”

• Haha
Reactions: Pbgt and Bradu
Not to be out done by NYC
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Hoffman at 213-833-3700.

So........

Does this mean I can call "detective" hoffman and ask him that if this was such a "lead pipe cinch" and that a warrant was issued, why does he need me or anyone else to call him with "information" ?
Isn't all of that supposed to be established prior to the issuance of a warrant ? Or, doesn't that matter anymore ? /sarc...........

FFS, what a clown show. :rolleyes:

I get you have tons of experience, that’s why I asked for you to state the law code or a link to it, where it says sellers need to keep a detailed record of the exact items the person bought

He's already told you that it's not an issue of state or federal law for the retailer, but rather a standard requirement of payment processors.

The payment processors not only need these records to contend with charge-backs, but they also have various regulations concerning money laundering and terrorism funding and what-not.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Great way to avoid it all is

“we didnt keep those records, we were not legally required to keep such records, we have nothing to produce”

Once again, they would retain records for normal business reasons i.e. dealing with customer returns and all the other usual bullshit that comes with retail sales.

I'm reasonably certain that buying 80% receivers from a major retailer via the Internet using a credit card is an IQ test. "I don't want anyone to know that I own a gun." Stop right there, because you've already failed.

Once again, they would retain records for normal business reasons i.e. dealing with customer returns and all the other usual bullshit that comes with retail sales.

I'm reasonably certain that buying 80% receivers from a major retailer via the Internet using a credit card is an IQ test. "I don't want anyone to know that I own a gun." Stop right there, because you've already failed.

There are retailers who don’t keep those records or will delete if asked, 80% arms being one

Just like how the ATF doesn’t keep records of 4473s, right?

No, they actually don’t, as there is zero legal requirement to keep such records and they kinda are into freedom and not shitting on their customers

Seems the charge back boogie man hasn’t destroyed them ether 🤷‍♂️

Can you link me to the law of keeping records of exact non regulated items sold?

Per the IRS they can show the money coming in, taxes collected to items sold, that’s that

Do you know how long a business is required to keep their sales records for the IRS?
What do you think they do with all those records? Those sales records are stored for seven years. The ATF lawyer says they are going to screw you and they want your sales records for the last two years. Guess what they are going to give the lawyer from the ATF? Hint: Every sales receipt for the last two years. On that receipt is the customer name, items bought, price, tax, shipping address and type of payment.
Do you think that any company would throw those records out and pray that they don't get audited by the IRS? Those records better match their tax return or they are fucked. Why do you think that the democraps have been after Trump's tax returns since day one?

Reactions: Bradu
Do you know how long a business is required to keep their sales records for the IRS?
What do you think they do with all those records? Those sales records are stored for seven years. The ATF lawyer says they are going to screw you and they want your sales records for the last two years. Guess what they are going to give the lawyer from the ATF? Hint: Every sales receipt for the last two years. On that receipt is the customer name, items bought, price, tax, shipping address and type of payment.
Do you think that any company would throw those records out and pray that they don't get audited by the IRS? Those records better match their tax return or they are fucked. Why do you think that the democraps have been after Trump's tax returns since day one?

So if you have the merchant processing records, shows X money came in from Johnny Smith, you have a record you collected the gave the fed for the sales tax, what else do they need

• Haha
So you are suggesting that they have a double set of records (books) ?
Dude, I just laid it out for you. They have a record of materials/product that they purchase. A sales receipt to who and what those materials were sold to. They have records of all the overhead (taxes, payroll, accounting, utilities, etc). Those are used to prepare their federal tax returns. There's no cooking the books. They have to match. You suggesting that they make a second receipt and throw away the original will put someone in jail or serious financial jeopardy. Nevermind the extra expenses for doing so.
Do you think that the IRS is that ignorant to schemes? Do you know what put the mobsters of the 30's on in jail? It wasn't selling liquor or anything they were known for. It was tax fraud.
Again, why do you think that they were so adamant about getting Trump's tax returns? Especially if they found a mistake and the taxes were sent through the postal service.
You are not smarter than the lawyers at the IRS.
So if you have the merchant processing records, shows X money came in from Johnny Smith, you have a record you collected the gave the fed for the sales tax, what else do they need
Ever wonder why those people are walking around Lowe's, home Depot, Walmart and other businesses counting the product on the shelves? Do you think that the company wants to pay for that? It's required to keep track of the inventory for the IRS.

I don’t think the IRS cares about your inventory if you’re selling trinkets, they just want their sales and income tax, if you can prove you gave them the income tax based on what you brought in, that’s that

Good luck with that.
Ask any commercial business accountant what is required. I bet a quick www. Search will confirm what I said.
I don’t think the IRS cares about your inventory if you’re selling trinkets, they just want their sales and income tax, if you can prove you gave them the income tax based on what you brought in, that’s that
Key words in your post. "I don't think".
You have bought stuff online with a credit card, yes? What info was on the receipt sent with the product? Do you think that is the only copy?
How are you going to prove that you are reporting accurate financial numbers?
I could go on and on about what it takes to keep a businesses finance books, inventory and sales all in order but why? You think you have it figured out. You are wrong. You think that a personal audit by the IRS sucks? Try one on for a corporation or private business.
Go ahead and explain to us how a company can keep a second invoice.
Joe Citizen
1234 No Where St.
Bumfuck USA 123456
Ordered
1 piece of inventory
Shipped
1 piece of inventory
Paid CC # 1234 56 7890
$69
Bwaaaahahaha. The IRS auditor will probably give you a choice of hotels to stay at.

Good luck with that.
Ask any commercial business accountant what is required. I bet a quick www. Search will confirm what I said.

Key words in your post. "I don't think".
You have bought stuff online with a credit card, yes? What info was on the receipt sent with the product? Do you think that is the only copy?
How are you going to prove that you are reporting accurate financial numbers?
I could go on and on about what it takes to keep a businesses finance books, inventory and sales all in order but why? You think you have it figured out. You are wrong. You think that a personal audit by the IRS sucks? Try one on for a corporation or private business.
Go ahead and explain to us how a company can keep a second invoice.
Joe Citizen
1234 No Where St.
Bumfuck USA 123456
Ordered
1 piece of inventory
Shipped
1 piece of inventory
Paid CC # 1234 56 7890
$69
Bwaaaahahaha. The IRS auditor will probably give you a choice of hotels to stay at.

If you represent yourself and do your own taxes maybe

X came in retail, X sales tax collected, done

Merchant, Jo F paid $X, sales tax collected, sales tax paid to IRS (who shouldn’t exist)

XX income, income tax paid

Done

The IRS does not need to know the exact item they bought shy of it having a different tax rate

Gee, I wonder why accountants exist?
Why do you think that the IRS is now getting pay pal, Venmo and the others to report?
If you represent yourself and do your own taxes maybe

X came in retail, X sales tax collected, done

Merchant, Jo F paid $X, sales tax collected, sales tax paid to IRS (who shouldn’t exist)

XX income, income tax paid

Done

The IRS does not need to know the exact item they bought shy of it having a different tax rate
I guess your search bar doesn't work.
Either look it up or don't. I am done. 28 years in business and I could have saved myself a ton of money doing it your way.
SMH

I guess you don't know my reputation here. Ask any of the badges here. There maybe one of them that doesn't have me on ignore and I bet everyone of them has hit the report button because I hurt their feels.
Let me guess you also talk to the police?
You will have to quote my post so they can see it to confirm it though.

Gee, I wonder why accountants exist?
Why do you think that the IRS is now getting pay pal, Venmo and the others to report?

I guess your search bar doesn't work.
Either look it up or don't. I am done. 28 years in business and I could have saved myself a ton of money doing it your way.
SMH

Man 28 years and you can’t even post a link to these obvious rules you state exist?

God bless the American economy

I guess you don't know my reputation here. Ask any of the badges here. There maybe one of them that doesn't have me on ignore and I bet everyone of them has hit the report button because I hurt their feels.

You will have to quote my post so they can see it to confirm it though.

Those badges thou!!!!!

You can drive without a license if you claim sovereign citizen. They have a pamphlet on how to answer the questions when the cop stops your car without a plate on it. When he asks for your license, registration and insurance just tell him that you are freely traveling. It works, I swear, I saw it on YouTube. Judges know that you don't need that shit either. I can't believe so many haven't done this.
Man 28 years and you can’t even post a link to these obvious rules you state exist?

God bless the American economy
Search bar is your friend

You can drive without a license if you claim sovereign citizen. They have a pamphlet on how to answer the questions when the cop stops your car without a plate on it. When he asks for your license, registration and insurance just tell him that you are freely traveling. It works, I swear, I saw it on YouTube. Judges know that you don't need that shit either. I can't believe so many haven't done this.

Search bar is your friend

You coming back onto the reservation anytime soon?

What law states I need to keep records of the exact detailed items in a sale?

You got 28 years in the industry, you got to have that quote and verse, you’re a pro right?

I go and decided to sell clothes

$100 clothes

vs

$20 black wool socks mid length, $50 fancy pink thongs, $30 sissy mittens with embroidered dicks on them

Last edited:
On your next order ask them to do that for you.
You coming back onto the reservation anytime soon?

What law states I need to feel records of the exact detailed items in a sale?

You got 28 years in the industry, you got to have that quote and verse, you’re a pro right?

Here's a great idea.
On your next purchase have it sent to a friend that is out of state. Then go pick it up there. They can't track it that way.

Here's a great idea.
On your next purchase have it sent to a friend that is out of state. Then go pick it up there. They can't track it that way.

You got that ADHD shit?

giphy.gif

Generally, if you produce, purchase, or sell merchandise in your business, you must keep an inventory and use an accrual method for purchases and sales of merchandise.

So they rolled over on their own. They can suck a dick.
The story I have heard is the lawyers told Rainier to go ahead and do this on the grounds that if the case wasn't settled the next step in the lawsuit would allow 'discovery' which would include all of this information anyway.

So if they refused and said no, then the lawsuit goes on and 'discovery' would have happened in the coming weeks anyway where they would have been required to hand everything over in either situation.
I'm one of the defendants in the lawsuit. The others are Rainier Arms, Arm or Ally, 80P Builder, and Rock Slide USA, who all turned over customer data to New York City law enforcement.

Lawyer calls me into the office and here's how the conversation went:

Lawyer: OK, stop playing games, it's time to turn in your customer data.

Indie Guns: Or what?

Lawyer: A federal judge will issue a court order and make you turn it in?

Indie Guns: And if I say no.

Lawyer: You're going to jail.

Indie Guns: I'm not doing it.

(to be continued...)

Let the Federal judge issue the order. If that is the law then follow the law. Turning into a gutless fuck and rolling over like a bitch at the mere prospect of someone following the law is just stupid. When they go to court and get a judge to rule in their favor then you can comply with no problem.

But, if you get a chance to argue your case, find a better lawyer than the pile of crap you have now. I would argue that the city of New York and New York state do not willingly or with any enthusiasm currently prosecute gun crimes nor do they prosecute actual felons caught with firearms with any regularity so providing the with customers personal information is not something that should be done. The concept is this, the state and city do not go after previously convicted felons or known criminals and they have no intention of going after criminals, they are simply looking for innocent people to harass, threaten and intimidate in order to present a false narrative that they are doing something about crime.

They "recovered" 263 ghost guns in their filing against you. That is a STAGGERING 4.3% of all gun recoveries, practically nothing in the scheme of things. Instead of focusing on the 5,737 other guns that have singled you and your fellow suppliers out for unwarranted harassment.

As a matter of fact, 80% of felons caught with a firearm are released almost immediately, so this cannot possibly be considered a serious crime.

"Making a false statement in connection with a background check is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a hefty fine, but few people are prosecuted for what would amount to lying on the form filled out before a gun purchase, he said.

In 2017, just 12 of the 112,000 people denied a gun purchase, about 0.01 percent, were federally prosecuted, largely due to limited resources for the time-intensive investigations, according to a U.S. Government Accountability Office report.:

On a city, state and federal level they have no interest whatsoever is prosecuting felons for illegally obtaining or trying to obtain a firearm. The current prosecution rate of 1/100th of 1% federally. At that rate and the current rate of recovery of "ghost guns" it will be 40 years before we can expect the first prosecution for a person illegally possessing a "ghost gun". While this is a colorful and attractive issue to politicize and use to grab headlines it is literally a non-issue and thus far according to a brief search has resulted in EXACTLY no one ever being charged with a crime related to possessing a "ghost gun".

The most impossible stat to find is the total number of NYC and NY state felons charged AND CONVICTED of criminal possession of a firearm. Why? Because the number appears to be impossibly low or non-existent.

You are being railroaded by a lawless city with absolutely no interest in stopping actual crime. People are legally allowed to build a firearm every year for personal use, a frame kit is not a federal crime, nor was it a state crime when you sold them. At the very least you should be able to exclude all customers who purchased only one per calendar year.

"Federal law allows someone to make a firearm for personal use and does not require them to obtain a serial number or to register the weapon. But New York laws require anyone in possession of certain firearms, especially handguns, to obtain a permit and register the gun. Sep 11, 2019"

Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use?​

No, a license is not required to make a firearm solely for personal use. However, a license is required to manufacture firearms for sale or distribution. The law prohibits a person from assembling a non–sporting semiautomatic rifle or shotgun from 10 or more imported parts, as well as firearms that cannot be detected by metal detectors or x–ray machines. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and advance approval by ATF.
[18 U.S.C. 922(o), (p) and (r); 26 U.S.C. 5822; 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

Unless something has suddenly changed, it is legal to make a firearm for personal use with no serial number, it has to have a unique serial number in order to be sold or transferred to someone other than the original builder and more than likely a dealer would simply strip it for the parts and return the crappy frame to the owner and avoid the trouble altogether.

One other stupid argument they use is that in the previous five years they recovered NATION-WIDE 692 "ghost guns" at approximately 100,000 murder scenes (pg.3 of their complaint) A staggering 7/10ths of 1% of all murders in America, again an almost meaningless number. Thus this is not a major factor in gun related murders.

It appears that nearly 460,000 firearms are traced annually by the BATF, at the absolute maximum, only 2% of illegal guns recovered by law enforcement nationwide are "ghost guns", the actual number is far, far lower but it would take time to find the total number of firearms seized by law enforcement nation wide annually. In any case, ghost guns are a hoax problem and if they were simply prosecuted using existing laws and with any enthusiasm by prosecutors, the problem would disappear quickly.

The near total lack of interest in arresting, charging, convicting and imprisoning a felon for illegal use of a firearm is the problem that most needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
You got that ADHD shit?

giphy.gif
Wayfair.

It's not a law, per se, but a case that set precedent on the authority of states to charge sales tax on purchases shipped to that state.
|
Each state has its own threshold for sales shipped to that state without foreign businesses having to charge sales tax. Once that threshold is crossed the business is required to collect and remit sales tax to that state. Rainier likely sold enough merch that it's registered with all states.

Sales tax rates are set by states, counties, cities and in some cases, districts. In order to accurately collect and remit sales taxes, names and addresses are recorded. This is how the sales tax calculator works with online shopping carts. It's based on the "ship to" address you enter.
If you're audited by the state department of revenue, you're required to give this info to the auditor.

It works the same way for every business, save for the smallest online retailers that haven't crossed the sales tax thresholds for other states. The all maintain these records regardless of whether or not they deal with the ATF.

Let the Federal judge issue the order. If that is the law then follow the law. Turning into a gutless fuck and rolling over like a bitch at the mere prospect of someone following the law is just stupid. When they go to court and get a judge to rule in their favor then you can comply with no problem.

I don’t know why they keep these damn records like this, there has to be a way to still keep what they need to spam you without a record of non 4473 things you bought

Lone wolf is also VERY bad at their extensive non required record keeping, when asked about it you’d think Hillary was their manager

Every online store needs an e-commerce platform (Bigcommerce, Shopify, Squarespace, etc.). That's where I load products for the public to see and purchase. It accepts your payment and collects all your data (including IP address) to create your invoice. I can delete and edit almost everything on the backend except your order. It does not provide that option.

If you need screenshots from my control panel for better understanding, let me know.

Every online store needs an e-commerce platform (Bigcommerce, Shopify, Squarespace, etc.). That's where I load products for the public to see and purchase. It accepts your payment and collects all your data (including IP address) to create your invoice. I can delete and edit almost everything on the backend except your order. It does not provide that option.

If you need screenshots from my control panel for better understanding, let me know.
Does the e-commerce platform tell you to give up without a ruling from a judge?

Reactions: NoDopes