• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Razor GIII 6-36 doesn't clear NF Ultramount

TheChris

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2019
Bellevue, WA
I was surprised and disappointed this morning to learn that the Nightforce Ultramount (1.5") doesn't have enough space for the mechanical housing on a Razor GIII 6-36. I'm glad I realized it before I got too far as torqueing the rings might have damaged the scope.

I guess I'll move on to Geissele or maybe even try a Badger C1. Preferring to stay tan / FDE so that's limiting.

i-wvnL38D-XL.jpg

The picture of this mount, on Nightforce's website, looks as though there's not much room (if any) to spare on an ATACR 1-8.

Last edited:
Those are good choices. I was thinking also Unity, but I think their FAST mount is too high. Badger and Geissele have both 1.5" and 1.7", if needed.
Yes, I ordered a Badger C1MM 1.5" yesterday. I almost ordered a set of Barrett Zero-Gap rings as PA has them for a good price, but then a youtube video from "Winning in the Wind" talked about how he had an issue during a match resulting from re-mounting a ring-mounted scope and has switched to one-piece mounts ever since. So, that sent me back to one-piece mounts. Then I came close to ordering a Reptilia as price / availability for Geissele SR-25 mounts sucks. But then I stumbled upon a picture of a Badger C1MM on an MRAD and that did it for me.

I was surprised and disappointed this morning to learn that the Nightforce Ultramount (1.5") doesn't have enough space for the mechanical housing on a Razor GIII 6-36. I'm glad I realized it before I got too far as torqueing the rings might have damaged the scope.

I guess I'll move on to Geissele or maybe even try a Badger C1. Preferring to stay tan / FDE so that's limiting.

i-wvnL38D-XL.jpg
Why would you assume it does? That mount has been out for over a decade. The optic has been out for a year.

So why would you assume it fits? Is Vortex supposed to design their optic around every obscure (what the NF mounts are today) mount in existence?

Why would you assume it does? That mount has been out for over a decade. The optic has been out for a year.

So why would you assume it fits? Is Vortex supposed to design their optic around every obscure (what the NF mounts are today) mount in existence?

I think it's obvious that I shouldn't have made that assumption. I wasn't complaining, just sharing, hoping that it might help someone else avoid making the same mistake.

Enjoy your weekend.

OP, you do realize you can edit your original post and modify the title? Sorry, the ADHD in me gets all hung up with the title of Razor 7-36, it's like nails on a chalkboard 🫣😬

I think it's obvious that I shouldn't have made that assumption. I wasn't complaining, just sharing, hoping that it might help someone else avoid making the same mistake.

Enjoy your weekend.
Chris, you can pretty much ignore whatever DBD writes, in fact I have clicked the ignore button on him long ago, as he is usually pretty hostile and argumentative. His sole purpose it feels is to rattle cages on the Hide.

1690595846979.png

What's great is he'll likely respond to my remarks above, but I'll never see it 🙈

The Ultramount was released to commercial market within the last year or two tops…

Reactions: TheChris
Chris, you can pretty much ignore whatever DBD writes, in fact I have clicked the ignore button on him long ago, as he is usually pretty hostile and argumentative. His sole purpose it feels is to rattle cages on the Hide.

View attachment 8192489

What's great is he'll likely respond to my remarks above, but I'll never see it 🙈
That's alot of words to say I live rent free In your head homey.