• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56

It fits the focus ring only, so not a long term solution. But it keeps the dust out for now..

The Gen 1 5-20 Razor caps for the Gen 2 just fine. I have them on a 3-18 right now.

Zero'd my new Razor II yesterday at 100yd. Shot steels out to 450yd today. As well as a box type test. Turrets, consistency and glass are amazing. Very happy with it!!

Can't wait for mine. Just had my LGS order me one.....putting it on an FN A1a...if it ever arrives.

Dealer had the 4.5-27 in stock but it was MOA with the EBR-2C reticle. Hefty scope, but the zoom range, feel, and glass is phenomenal! Can't wait!

Here's mine on an SPR A1a

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409699079.188675.jpg

Hello guys,

I have a Razor Gen I and I really like it. I'm not really sure I would want to sell mine and then pay another 500 bucks for a new Razor Gen II.

Do any of you guys own and have used BOTH the Gen I and Gen II Razors? If so, really how much better do you think the Gen II is versus the Gen I? Do you think it's worth the extra money?

Hello guys,

I have a Razor Gen I and I really like it. I'm not really sure I would want to sell mine and then pay another 500 bucks for a new Razor Gen II.

Do any of you guys own and have used BOTH the Gen I and Gen II Razors? If so, really how much better do you think the Gen II is versus the Gen I? Do you think it's worth the extra money?

Have both and yes the Razor II is a step up and worth the money.

What's the overall consensus on the weight of this scope for those who have one? Do all the features it pack make up for the weight of it?

I don't feel the weight difference once the scope is mounted from the S&B 5-25 that was on the rifle before.

Got it finished but the federal background check system was down today so couldn't bring it home. It's a beast! Just waiting for my stock pack to arrive. I haven't shot this yet, but I already love everything about this scope. Can't wait to see if it lives up to my own hype!

What's the overall consensus on the weight of this scope for those who have one? Do all the features it pack make up for the weight of it?

I just swapped my Gen1 with just arrived Gen2 and I can not tell any weight difference. But then again, it's hard to judge it since the rifle itself is 12.5 lbs. (Hospitaller). So to me anyway, few extra ounces are not even worth mentioning...

Just got my Gen II... I can DEFINITELY tell the difference in weight against my Gen I.... however, once it's on my rifle, can't tell any difference. :p

BTW, the Gen II is def worth the difference in price, it's a friggin beauty.

i don't get the "can you tell/I can't tell" stuff. it's a friggin weight. the unit is a known, international standard. you don't have to guess or ask somebody. strap an extra 10 oz of something to your rifle and walk a few miles with it.

Got it finished but the federal background check system was down today so couldn't bring it home. It's a beast! Just waiting for my stock pack to arrive. I haven't shot this yet, but I already love everything about this scope. Can't wait to see if it lives up to my own hype!

What rail is that for the bipod can you run a normal sling off the hole in the back?

10 oz is not a lot of weight, maybe you have a couple of candy bars in your pocket or have re-filled your flask, I think what HK dave is saying as in field applications, it's hard to tell. I guess if you ran a controlled test where you wore exactly the same clothes and humped a few miles with one rig and then added some weight and did the same, you might, and that's a big might, be able to feel the 10 oz difference, at least for me. I personally think the weight thing is over rated. Doesn't mean I'm carrying an 18 pound Surgeon around, but you get my point

i don't get the "can you tell/I can't tell" stuff. it's a friggin weight. the unit is a known, international standard. you don't have to guess or ask somebody. strap an extra 10 oz of something to your rifle and walk a few miles with it.

Yes it's a weight but when mounted the perceived weight isn't felt. It I gave you a 15 pound weight and a 15 pound 10 ounce weight in a blind test I bet it would be hard for you to tell the difference. It's not like it's 5 pounds more than the scope it's replacing.

it might or might not be hard for someone else to tell. and it might or might not be important. at the end of the day, it IS another half a pound of work you did, energy expended, whether you can pass a blind test or not.

Exactly what snipe10 said. :)

On an actual rifle you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

If that extra half pound of "work" you did is killing you, then by all means go get another scope.

Pretty certain most folks here will be fielding this in situations where they don't have to hump 80 pounds over 30 miles... Where ounces do indeed equal pounds.

Oh forgot to mention, this scope "feels" very similar to the build quality of my Euro scopes. That one is kind of difficult to explain but it's like every part fits tighter and seems to be to closer tolerances?

So tired of everybody making excuses for scope companies not getting them to market. If you can't produce a scope right after shot show then don't show it of at shot. I'm talking to Vortex and Nightforce. Just wait till 2015 and then show it off, cause that's when your actually gonna deliver it. I'm just gonna buy another S&B at least I know its available.

The Vortex scopes are already shipping. I already have my 2. One was a preorder and the 2nd I got from a vendor on the Sniper's Hide. FYI, I'm an everyday civilian.

So tired of everybody making excuses for scope companies not getting them to market. If you can't produce a scope right after shot show then don't show it of at shot. I'm talking to Vortex and Nightforce. Just wait till 2015 and then show it off, cause that's when your actually gonna deliver it. I'm just gonna buy another S&B at least I know its available.

I think it has something to do with securing enough orders, to secure the $$ and go ahead from the companies directors, creditors & shareholders to mass produce the things. No doubt it costs allot to tool up, train staff etc. to make these things but also there need to be a qunatifiable shareholder return. SHOT is like testing the water to see if a product will be successful.

Not sure what people are upset about. People are getting these delivered. Mine was delivered yesterday.

The anticipation is killing me... One of my buddies received his 4-27 a few days ago. Mine is supposed to be here sometime this afternoon. For those of you who complain about the weight (a mere 10 oz.), put your purses down. PT a bit more, or just quit bitching. Whether you realize it or not, you sound weak.

I tried asking this on another thread but didn't get much interest. Do yall think 1.10" rings will be high enough for this scope? I'm out of town and cant measure my rifle and my new razor is sitting waiting to be mounted. I was using 0.98" rings on my 5-20 razor and still had room for sunshade and scope cap.

I tried asking this on another thread but didn't get much interest. Do yall think 1.10" rings will be high enough for this scope? I'm out of town and cant measure my rifle and my new razor is sitting waiting to be mounted. I was using 0.98" rings on my 5-20 razor and still had room for sunshade and scope cap.

1.10" will be high enough.

I am using 1" high rings on a 20 MOA base.

I ordered my EBR-2C mrad back in the spring from a Hide vendor and it arrived this week. I just got back in town so I am actually just now checking it out. One hell of a scope from what I can tell so far. As far as weight, yeah, it feels heavy by itself but it is going on a GAP10 which is heavy anyway. I didn't put this setup together to go running through the woods or for our weekly family house clearing drills. Just kidding about the house clearing drills.

As others said. 1.1" rings are fine. I have them on my 20MOA as well and I could even go lower.

Those Aadland caps ever get done? Anyone know of other options? I just can't allow myself to buy yet another set of "break em within two range sessions - Butler Creeks"

Got In on one with A hide vendor early in the year with a preorder deposit. June they emailed said 2 weeks. Still don't have it.

Picked mine up yesterday, awesome packaging. Can't wait to mount it and do some shooting.

You won't be disappointed. It's a great scope. Got mine out for the first time today and got these..first two at 100 yards, and the paper target at 210 yards, which is the first time shooting that far.

Got mine Tuesday. Didnt have a chance to pull it out of the box till last night (Wednesday) . Correct box , wrong scope ! )-: ..... so far customer service has been great about resolving the issue.

Last edited:
I've got 161 rounds down range with the new scope. It's on a 338lm and is really a nice scope. We have steel out to a mile, generally we only shoot to 1000 k, and run a couple of course of our choosing weekly. My first go with milrad, and find the system to be fun and actually easy.

I think I've had one miss at 900y. We invited some new shooters out a few weeks ago, they chose to shoot my 338lm. One cleaned the course, with the rifle, and another had like one miss, again at 900y.

My shoot partner also has the new scope and simply loves it. I'll need several more months behind the scope to say if I believe it to be better then my PMIIs. It's certainly an awesome piece of glass. The 338 lm is like cheating on our courses. The other guys are running .308s at the same time. So I'd admit I have a distinct as vantage.