• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56

I have nothing against the color.

I only asked what color everyone else thinks their's is.

Especially if Vortex is making the comment that each one will most likely be a variant of the next.

Honestly. Who cares that much. It's a tool, go use it and stop worrying so much about what color candy bar it is.

I just got home from the range. Initial thoughts are this is as close to a perfect scope as I've ever used.

That all being said I personally like the color.

Last edited:
To those that have one in hand already, which reticle did you go with and why? Is there an advantage to choosing the ebr-1c over the ebr-2c or vice versa?

I've personally always liked that the Razor series is a different color.

I love the color, still waiting for mine....pretty nice dead? Is the glass close to your kahles?

Honestly. Who cares that much. It's a tool, go use it and stop worrying so much about what color candy bar it is.

I just got home from the range. Initial thoughts are this is as close to a perfect scope as I've ever used.

That all being said I personally like the color.

Love to....

Waiting for the gun to get out of the California jail next Friday.

Don't get upset, I can see your signature line.... It's just a simple question.

To those that have one in hand already, which reticle did you go with and why? Is there an advantage to choosing the ebr-1c over the ebr-2c or vice versa?

Major differences is that the 2C has an open center and the tree type dots in the lower quadrants for holds. The open center on this reticle is better than some as it's not huge. Only .06 mils or .21" at 100 yards. Enough to see small targets but still being able to get a precise aiming point. The tree type dots are also good in that they aren't over powering and blocking the shooter's view but clear enough to get a good aiming point.

Reticles are a lot of personal preference so just pick which works for you and go with it.

sub_rzr-g2_f_45-27x56_ebr-1c_mrad-t.jpg

sub_rzr-g2_f_45-27x56_ebr-2c_mrad-t.jpg

I think that if Vortex can manage to find a color that most people are willing to accept, it is in their best interests to make nearly all of their top end scopes in that color. It really does set them apart when sitting next to all of the tactical black scopes in the store.

Minds made up, too many good things being said about this scope to not get it. Will be picking one up for my 308.

took my 3-18 to the range today, its everything I expected and the only problem I'm experiencing is everyone wanting to check it out. The turrets are fantastic, good size, easy to grab and tactile enough for me, the reticle is great too, not heavy at all and the open center is actually very pleasing(just fits a golfball at 500yds)

very happy with my purchase.

Just got home from the match. I managed a second place which considering how hungover I was was an amazing feat in itself.

On to the scope after a full day behind it:

I really can't say enough about this thing. The glass is absolutely outstanding, the turrets are perfect, eyebox is extremely forgiving, I really honestly can't find A THING I don't like about it yet which in itself is hard to believe.

Damn vortex, you did your homework.

ioRhHgVSB4A70.jpg

ibv3tlz0pXEgBw.jpg

Back at home:
iHoygRKKz8rQm.jpg

Last edited:
Just got home from the match. I managed a second place which considering how hungover I was was an amazing feat in itself.

On to the scope after a full day behind it:

I really can't say enough about this thing. The glass is absolutely outstanding, the turrets are perfect, eyebox is extremely forgiving, I really honestly can't find A THING I don't like about it yet which in itself is hard to believe.

Damn vortex, you did your homework.

Nice job on the match, and more reasons to pick one of these up. Any chance you can take some pictures through the scope?

Pictures look amazing so no doubt in person they look way better. I'm more then sold on this scope. Thanks much sir!

Just emailed Jon at AADMOUNT about how the covers are going for the new Razors. Hopefully they will be ready soon as they are a better option than the Butler Creeks.

Maybe Rob or someone else can confirm this......but I heard a little while back that after you received your Razor you could send it in and for a small fee that could upgrade it and add the Milestone clicks into it. Any truth in this at all?

Why does everyone have their damn razor but me?

Actually I think very few people have them

Maybe Rob or someone else can confirm this......but I heard a little while back that after you received your Razor you could send it in and for a small fee that could upgrade it and add the Milestone clicks into it. Any truth in this at all?

What do you mean by milestone clicks?

What do you mean by milestone clicks?[/QUOTE]

Like on the USO or other scopes when you hit the 1 2 3 full mil you get a clunk instead of that click that you hear at the .1 .2 .3 mil adjust adjustments

What do you mean by milestone clicks?

Like on the USO or other scopes when you hit the 1 2 3 full mil you get a clunk instead of that click that you hear at the .1 .2 .3 mil adjust adjustments[/QUOTE]

That's what I assumed you meant. First I've heard of that but would be curious to know if it's true

Don't believe they do MTC (More Tactile Click) options on this scope but maybe if Scott sees this he will chime in. Seeing as it's so new I am not sure who would have had it done. Personally I am not a fan of them.

What height Seekins rings would you need to run this scope on a Stiller TAC 30AW with 20MOA rail?

Don't believe they do MTC (More Tactile Click) options on this scope but maybe if Scott sees this he will chime in. Seeing as it's so new I am not sure who would have had it done. Personally I am not a fan of them.

Rob,
I had heard that it was a "possible" send it in option. I kinda like the idea to be honest with you. Could have been a rumor. If not then its my bad!

Just emailed Jon at AADMOUNT about how the covers are going for the new Razors. Hopefully they will be ready soon as they are a better option than the Butler Creeks.

I had talked to them the same day I received my GenII. I'm sure you have way more pull with them than I would.

As ratchet as it sounds, I'm forced to use the covers that came with the scope, connected with a bit of chord until something better than the Butler's come out.

I had talked to them the same day I received my GenII. I'm sure you have way more pull with them than I would.

As ratchet as it sounds, I'm forced to use the covers that came with the scope, connected with a bit of chord until something better than the Butler's come out.

Interesting, no covers came with my scope

Interesting, no covers came with my scope

I'm probably overstating..... What I will be using are the two very lightweight caps that cover the glass during shipping.

Pictured here. Better than nothing and nothing to break on them. Until something better is made. The Vortex cap covers aren't big enough for the 56mm.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Oh, gotcha. Yeah it came with those

Who did you preorder it though and when did you get it?

Honestly, I didn't preorder anything. I had the Vortex web page bookmarked for months. I think I saw Lowlight's thread about it and started getting itchy.....
Can't remember what the trigger was, the video review or the "full day with the Gen II thread." I think the thread came out first, so that was probably what pushed me over the edge.

I believe I sent a PM to the guys at cameraland who told me they had two, if I wanted one, I better order it that minute.

I got on the phone, made the call and got freaked out when after a few days I didn't get any tracking info. I contacted them again, asked for the info and it was on my doorstep a day or two later.

I had put in my dues with an 11 month wait on the rifle, so I don't feel too bad about having the scope fall in my lap.

Last edited:
Honestly, I didn't preorder anything. I had the Vortex web page bookmarked for months. I think I saw LowLife's thread about it and started getting itchy.....
Can't remember what the trigger was, the video review or the "full day with the Gen II thread." I think the thread came out first, so that was probably what pushed me over the edge.

I believe I sent a PM to the guys at cameraland who told me they had two, if I wanted one, I better order it that minute.

I got on the phone, made the call and got freaked out when after a few days I didn't get any tracking info. I contacted them again, asked for the info and it was on my doorstep a day or two later.

I had put in my dues with an 11 month wait on the rifle, so I don't feel too bad about having the scope fall in my lap.

No that's great. What reticle did you get?

What rifle did you put it on?

Gotta promise not to laugh at me.... I'm old and have two non-repairable shoulders with bad rotator cuff and muscle tears. (Too much baseball, hockey and 35 years in the construction trade.)

It's a GAP-10.

I know, everyone thinks it will just be another in a long list of brand new, low bullet count rifles in the Rifles for sale threads.

But I'm not worried. I built my first AR and shoot it well. I tend to overdo a lot of things I try to master. I get to pick it up from the FFL on Friday.

I just got news yesterday that Vortex had a scope ready to ship out for me!

Travis at Vortex has been truly awesome this entire time, and has accommodated me at every turn. I can't thank him enough. I can not say enough about the customer service of the entire Vortex crew, and it has made me a Vortex customer for life.

If there's anything anyone would like a picture of once it gets here, let me know and I'll try to get it.

Last edited:
I just got news yesterday that Vortex had a scope ready to ship out for me!

Travis at Vortex has been truly awesome this entire time, and has accommodated me at every turn. I can't thank him enough. I can not say enough about the customer service of the entire Vortex crew, and it has made me a Vortex customer for life.

If there's anything anyone would like a picture of once it gets here, let me know and I'll try to get it.

When did you order?