• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Chargemaster reprogramming

Re: RCBS Chargemaster

Yep. I programmed mine to 7.0gr, 2.0gr, and 0.5gr and put in the straw. It now drops 44 gr of RL-15 in 16 seconds flat without going over at all. Best $300 Ive spent on reloading equipment in a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Airone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you make sure that the table that it is sitting on is perfectly still, it will drop faster as well. I set mine on a separate table or stand than what I am working on. Each time it senses vibrations or bumps it will stall to get stable. When I moved it to the separate table, it sped up quite a bit and all but stopped going over the charge. </div></div>

+1

Mine are generally up in the 18-22 range. Any idea on how i could improve that, or is it just the scale i have?

CJG

Yep, reprogrammed. I guess my scale just may not be that accurate or something?

CJG

If you have the chargemaster combo. You can adjust the numbers to go faster. I run 2 chargemasters and each one was programed a little different. I had to do that for the desired speed and accuracy I wanted.
You can always bring the numbers back to the orginal settings.

WOW what a difference. I was hesitant at first but after adjusting for 70 grn loads i will never go back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm hoping that Santa comes through with one. </div></div>

Santa musta missed my house or the constant hints to Mrs. GD weren't obvious enough.

Cabelas recently had them on sale for $299 and then I checked around this weekend and saw that Natchez Shooters Supply has them for $279 everyday. I finally got off my ass and have one inbound as we speak. I really appreciate all the good info. Looking forward to a real setup. The battery scale and spoon thing had me ready to scream, so it was time to step up.

I just reprogrammed mine WOW it's much better!!! Best tech tip I've got in a while!! Thanks

Yep I placed the order Mon morning and got an email that night that is shipped. Should arrive on Wed. Not bad at all. I was somewhat hesitant not to order from Midway because I LOVE how fast they get your order out but apparently Natchez ships same day as well. They will get more of my business.

Sorry for the thread drift. Now back to RCBS Programing..........

well I messed up.

a fellow shooter of mine was going to sell me his chargemaster for $225.00 so I asked him what was the reason for not wanting this?

He told me it was too slow for him.(no patience at all)

so I told him what i/we did to mine and he wanted to see. well to cut the story short. He is reprogrammed and happy and I'm out a good deal but feeling good about helping out a fellow shooter.

I gata say I shore do like that little GREEN machine....

This does make a difference. I seen Scheels had the powder dispenser without the scale for 149. I almost bought it but already have 2.

Hey dar have you shot your round from the CM over a chronograph and if so what are your avarage sd/es #.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caustic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey dar have you shot your loads from the CM over a chronograph and if so what are your avarage sd/es #.
</div></div>

I've used the settings in this thread and have done the straw mod and my best load from my AR10 w/Varget is 25 ES and 8 SD.

Normally I get my ES 20 to 25 and the SDs 5 to 8. I haven't got any better than this but I don't turn necks, weight brass,etc. Once I get to these numbers I'am done with the load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normally I get my ES 20 to 25 and the SDs 5 to 8. I haven't got any better than this but I don't turn necks, weight brass,etc. Once I get to these numbers I'am done with the load.
</div></div>

I didn't mention this in my post above yours, but I don't turn necks, weight/sort brass, or deburr flash holes either. I use Winchester brass.

Thanks to DAR for the explanation of the correct entering proceedure for getting to desired #'s

dar, Thanks for the info. I got mine reprogrammed and couldn't be happier. I just need to go to McDonalds now for the straw.

The straw will help. Good to hear. It is always better to be shooting than reloading.

If a person can pickup a 2nd one. It will cut your time in half. I run 2 at a time. It kicks butt. I shot my match ammo and do great with it.

Do you have to re-program every time you change loads or will it speed up throwing powder for both my .223 and .308 loads?

I don't. It works great for every powder that I have loaded. I guess you could. But If it works why? From my experience with this. I haven't had to.

I know this is an old post but I wanted to thank the OP and post my results. I went from an avg of 20sec to an avg of 11 sec for 42.0gr of H4895.

Will do this soon also when my combo arrives
laugh.gif

Just got my chargemaster a few weeks ago,.. Can someone post a picture of the "straw" installed in the tube?

Pretty please?

Every time I have the machine in front of me and straw in hand I feel like i am going to go full retard or somethng.

Im excited. I ordered a Chargemaster on Thursday, and its already registering as being in Melbourne not even two full days later! And thats across the other side of the world. UPS FTW!

Just so anyone thats thinking of buying a chargemaster rcbs is giving a 50 dollars of any purchase of 300 until 3/21/11 with a mail in rebate. I just picked one up earlier today and saw the rebate at cabelas. Rthur

the phone # 866-269-5194

That sounds like a pretty good deal on them. I sometimes run 2 at the same time when mass loading. Something to think about if you only have one and you load a lot.

Sorry no pics.
(Bro has right now.)
Just get a Mcdonalds straw.
Cut about 3/8" off the end, and stick it in.
Factory end flush with end of tube.
Default parameters work fine for this.

Still and steady area is more important.

Happy loading on this night!

Peace and prayers to all.

Re: RCBS Chargemaster reprogramming

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just reprogramed my chargemaster. It kick ass. I program it and it will throw H4831SC 48.3 grs in 6 to 8 seconds. Awesome. I wish I would have done this sooner. Has anybody else dont this? </div></div>

No, but this intrigues the heck out of me and first chance I get I am going to give it a try. Mine has always been accurate and dumped faster than I can fill a case - but now you are talking doubly fast.

Re: RCBS Chargemaster reprogramming

Just got mine today from my wife! She knew exactly what to buy and where to buy it in the U.S. Heck, they even knew it was for me as it came addressed to me

Merry Chritmas all.

Chris