• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re-Launching Smith Tactical Munitions - For real this time. (Seriously)

Masked

Smith Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2012
Connecticut
www.smith-tactical.com
It's taken me a year...Literally...To get this far, but we're finally here.

Smith Tactical Munitions is finally a real thing for civilians. I have powder deliveries, bullets, brass and primers on schedule AAANNNNNDDDDDD A CO...YAY!

My military orders require a certain precision that we'll be maintaining for everything we make here.

Sierra recently changed their tune quite a bit as to my ordering bullets, but I'm still going hard with Hornady for the time being.

We've processed and shot upwards of 7500 rounds thus far, 300BLK/5.56/308 - And the Hornady bullets have just outperformed the Sierra stuff hands down. Maybe I got a good lot of Hornady and a bad lot of Sierra...Who knows - I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough.

For those of you that forgot - We're offering a custom "boutique" ammo service.

You buy the stock ammunition, see how it does in your weapon and depending on it's performance, we tweak it from then forward, for free. +/- Powder, +/- OAL...You get the idea. I keep a record of every order and change - That way when we dial in perfection, it's always what you get.

The reloaded product counts as "stock" as well - We're literally actually taking 1x fired mk262 and reprocessing it into our own version of mk262...Ironic, I know.

We can swap bullets, primers, powder, brass - Whatever your heart desires.

Order quantities are 25/50/100/250/500/1000.

Stock calibers are 5.56/300blk/308.

Available soon: 6.5CM - 30-06.

Average wait time is 1-2 weeks.

We accept all major credit cards, wire transfers, checks...Gold Ingots...Souls are unfortunately, not a trade-able commodity however, blood and semen, are.

If you want a caliber that I do not currently carry the dies for - It will be an additional 2-3 weeks, if it's a common caliber.

We're direct to consumer - You email me, call me, light a fire and throw some smoke signals - You're dealing directly with me at all times. Just an FYI - You hit me with smoke signals and I'm SOS'ing it just because I can.

Phone: 203-850-7770

Testers - I can FINALLY ship you people some ammo. It's coming - Emails haven't gone out yet because the ATF kind of pitched a tent in my shop in regards to Others and I've been busy.

If anyone in Mid-Western CT is bored and wants some extra cash and isn't a complete douche - Can also, hopefully pass a background check - Maybe I'll find them and offer them money...Then they can write emails for me - Until then, it's just me. It sucks.

I am NOT going to Shot. Market ammo is very difficult. My CO came so late that, at this point, I'd literally be standing there with 100 stickers, giving the pedophile smile and hoping for some love. Sorry.

Any other questions, let me know.

Standing by for the 6.5, I tried reaching out to another premium ammo vendor but my order got blown off so this sounds promising.

Interested in the 30-06. Kinda wanna build a rifle for the cartridge.

I will try your 6.5 CM when it is ready. Would also like to know if you have plans to do a 338 LM offering

Hope it goes well!

question- what is the difference in quality between your reload and your match ammo?

Do you do any loadings for the warner flatlines?

Also since you mention caliber swaps, there was a guy interested in .338LM warner flatlines but didn't reload.

I should tell him to hit you up.

congratulations...i can't imagine how challenging an operation such as this must be. glad it's working out for you.

would perhaps be interested in 6.5x47 should you ever venture in that direction

Well I guess I'm still on the books as a tester. Sent my signed form as soon as I received it. Let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks guys.

Testers, I'm sitting down and starting emailing tonight.

5.56 is coming immediately - It's 308 that's lagging behind a little bit.

6.5 is coming in the next few weeks. It's a matter of when my dies get here...

As you guys can see, we've had to change pricing a bit because of FAET.

It hasn't changed much, I've stayed relatively true to the pricing we originally advertised. Unfortunately, taxes suck and there's just no way around it.

That being said, we're fully insured. Machines are setup and we'll be making some ammunition.

As to answer some of your questions:

Would I make ammunition with a Warner bullet?

Absolutely. I'll throw whatever bullet you want on there. The issue becomes cost. Warners are expensive.

When I was originally shopping for Sierra, their cost was so high, it pushed me out - I would be paying the same price that you do for bullets and at that point, it just wasn't feasible for me to offer it as a stock product. Will I still load it? Absolutely, it's just not cost effective for manufacturing.

Will we be making 30-06?

Yes, the question is when. It takes a while to really logistically plan for a round.

I'd say early February, if there's enough interest, I'll be manufacturing 30-06 on order.

So how does this work?

Over the past 6 months, I've really streamlined and gotten this process down with a couple, local, test subjects.

You order ammunition. Reloaded or Newly Manufactured, doesn't matter to me.

We take your payment and immediately the process begins.

I manufacture your ammunition. Sometimes it takes a week to get components in, rarely it takes 2 weeks - Anything longer and I'm giving you some free ammo for your patience.

I ship you the ammunition.

You shoot it.

Give me some feedback. Let's get it performing perfectly for you. Was it too hot? Too slow?

Doesn't matter if you have a chrono or not. Send me targets, we'll get it where you need it to be.

Next time you order, we dial it in based on your feedback. I give you some stock product as a control.

You shoot it.

Feedback again - Now we know with relative certainty, where you need to be.

So far, we've gotten an extremely positive, very consistent result after the first time. Even with newbies, we've been able to figure out it's performance and dial it in. Will that be everyone? No...But I'll get you there.

---- Thank you again guys - Let me know if there are any further questions.

will be looking forward to the 6.5 ammo when its available .

I noticed a couple mentions of 338LM -- I'd be interested as well.

Yes sir.

338 LM is available.

I didn't get testers on the larger calibers because 338LM and 300WM have been honed in rather extensively. We have a load that we've used for years over at Academi for LEO/MIL.

Think we've done something around 25000 300WM and easily around 7500 338LM.

For 338LM/300WM - I really prefer to load the ammunition by order.

If you're shooting 338LM or 300WM - You already know what your load is and where you want it to be.

So, we're doing it as a "custom load" where, you can pick your own bullets.

I'm getting pricing setup on the larger calibers.

I can guarantee you, price wise, I'll be well under Black Hills.

I can't really speculate on pricing beyond that because it all depends on what I can get your bullets for.

If you already have them, we'll just reload for you.

We're already doing that for a couple of 408CT customers. He had a couple thousand bullets and brass - Couldn't get primers or powder. We can so, we reloaded them for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
Hey folks - Shit's been insane.

The Other weapon situation in CT has been up/down/up/down. It's insanity.

So, we've now EXTENSIVELY tested our 5.56 ammunition, to the point of beating a dead horse.

I've swapped email carriers 3 times and for some reason, it's not pulling the original email I sent out to testers...So, tomorrow I'm going hunting - If I don't find it, I'm just going to scrape through PM's and find you all.

We've had an incredible amount of requests for ELD - We're adopting the bullets across the board.

We're also adopting an M855 (the original).

6.5CM we're going with the 123 BTHP, the 140 BTHP, the 140 ELD and the 147 ELD.

308 we're adopting the 168 ELD's and the 175 ELD's. - For pricing, we'll be at @$1.00. I have to crunch some numbers, but I'm confident that's where we'll be.

300 Blackout we have a real spread going. From 125 VMAX to 208 BTHP.

I'll have pricing up by Wednesday, on the website for all of this.

Just a reminder - This is custom, boutique ammunition. You buy some, shoot it, we tweak it and move forward. It won't be perfect the first time, we'll get there.

Testers - I'm sorry this has taken so long - Unfortunately, CT has been going back and forth about a few things - Finally getting some serious traction and we're about to move forward in a big way.

Thank you.

We're confident the tax isn't going to pass.

If it did, at that point, I'd sell components and have CT residents come to my shop and reload their own ammo...Who cares.

In any event - Those taxes aren't passed on to you guys regardless.

If I could move, I would. Anything below the Mason-Dixon looks great!

Alas, here we are.

Making those website changes, tonight - Will be adding 6.5CM and a few other calibers to the list.

Our defensive bullets are coming in, will be making prices for those...

Frangible has been...Hit or miss - I found the gentleman that actually manufactures those bullets and now things will be easier, I hope. So, look for those being added to our list very soon.

----

In regards to reloaded vs. manufactured. I've been getting some emails and questions about this.

Some people look at reloads and scoff. I get it, some people suck at this, sell stupid hot loads and shit happens.

I'm not one of those people.

Every single piece of LC or Hornady that we reload, gets mic'd, washed twice, polished, sized twice, trimmed twice...We take it the extra mile and ensure it's done right.

From there, we're manufacturing it the same way we would anything else.

Quite frankly, I think some of our reloaded brass is in better condition than our new brass.

Some have dings from the M416 they were shot out of, the M239 or the M60...But, they perform just as well.

Regardless of what ammunition you order, you're getting the same treatment...Same customization...Same everything.

It's an opportunity to save 20% for relatively the same product.

Some of you require new product, some don't - Either way, I want happy happy happy customers.

Reactions: Estes640
If you have to, think about moving to Texas
Lots of space to setup shop in.
No State Income Tax.

So, the problem I've been having with a lot of the calibers you guys are asking for is brass.

Availability vs. cost.

Either it's not available, or when it is, it's STUPID expensive.

The other issue I have is sourcing dies.

A gentleman this morning asked me to reload a wildcat...The dies were $300.00...Now I don't normally balk at a whole lot, if he wanted like 10,000rds then who cares, but there's a certain yin and yang to this - a balance...And spending $300 on dies for a $500 total order where I wouldn't even recoup the cost of the dies is...Just something I can't afford.

If you guys want to size your stuff and all I have to do is clean/polish - Well, that's a different story. That's doable. There will be a slight upcharge per piece due to time...But that's now something we can manage.

The other issue I have is sourcing dies.

A gentleman this morning asked me to reload a wildcat...The dies were $300.00...Now I don't normally balk at a whole lot, if he wanted like 10,000rds then who cares, but there's a certain yin and yang to this - a balance...And spending $300 on dies for a $500 total order where I wouldn't even recoup the cost of the dies is...Just something I can't afford.

If you guys want to size your stuff and all I have to do is clean/polish - Well, that's a different story. That's doable. There will be a slight upcharge per piece due to time...But that's now something we can manage.

Just charge him an initial setup fee that covers the custom dies you have to get and a bit of initial time setting it up.

Lots of industries do that & it's a well accepted practice.

Do you have a cage code and DUNs# posted somewhere which I assume you do since you posted you have government orders.

We have a DUNS - It's #111660378

I'm having an issue with ITAR because it could only be issued once my CO was in place and now Commerce is taking over...

So we're currently sub-contracting for our Blackout contracts.

Once this fucking disaster is sorted and Commerce figures out what they're doing, we can move forward and actually get our shit figured out and go from there.

Hey guys,

Behind on the website and everything else per usual.

I just wanted to give an update.

I found a couple new suppliers and I'm able to get 6.5CM down significantly.

For BTHPs, 123 and 140 - I'm at $1.00/rd NEW manufacturing.
For ELD's, 140 and 147, I'm at $1.05/rd NEW manufacturing.

My new pricing is going to be going across the board. Been able to cut prices back by 10% in most places.

Will be updating the website slowly, but I'll get there.

Thanks.

I was called and asked earlier about ordering.

At this point, I have to ask people to pay up front. Shipping will be calculated and everything, I'll keep you updated throughout the process, I'm incredibly open, so, if Fedex sucks and your bullet order goes to Milwaukee, I'm going to email you immediately and keep you in the know. We'll make sure you're happy too.

The lead time on pretty much everything is @7-10 business days.

I should typically always have "stock" calibers like the 75gr and the 55gr, 155, 175, 123...But, I've got guys ordering 5,000rds here, 10,000 there and while it's an incredible "problem" to have, I'm infinitely grateful, it's a fucking logistical nightmare, especially for powder.

So, I've been finding weird gaps, where bullets aren't here for 3/4 days and...I just got AIMSI - Hopefully it'll help.

So, I'm still trying to figure things out, deal with ITAR and SAM (Ever want to bash your head in a wall? Go to SAM) and get the dog under control so, he doesn't get in the UPS truck again, but we're getting there.

Just sent you an ordering message, hope to be trying out some reloaded 77gr 5.56 soon.

Hey guys,

Got a bunch of PM's - Just an update.

We FINALLY honed in the machines - Got some quality of life fixes and now we're moving forward as of next week.

In CT, we can now sell Lowers and it just...Exploded. Saying I'm inundated with 4473's is the understatement of the century.

We have some 77gr 5.56 ready for testers.

Since it was our first run, we'll just call it testing. I'll ship it out in 10rd packs for testers and we'll go from there.

Anyone actively interested in testing it - Please just PM me and we'll get this going.

If I don't have an NDA on file, I'll just send a new one and we'll get everyone squared away.

Thank you!

Hey guys,

Got a bunch of PM's - Just an update.

We FINALLY honed in the machines - Got some quality of life fixes and now we're moving forward as of next week.

In CT, we can now sell Lowers and it just...Exploded. Saying I'm inundated with 4473's is the understatement of the century.

We have some 77gr 5.56 ready for testers.

Since it was our first run, we'll just call it testing. I'll ship it out in 10rd packs for testers and we'll go from there.

Anyone actively interested in testing it - Please just PM me and we'll get this going.

If I don't have an NDA on file, I'll just send a new one and we'll get everyone squared away.

Thank you!

I’m In to try some. Pm Incoming