• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reaching out to 1500 (edit:1763) yards and excited about the results.

How on earth do you get pics through a phone? I've tried and tried can never get clear. Do you keep your phone on 1x or zoom in? The focus never settles down it's constantly adjusting so pics look horrible.
It’s a challenge for sure.
just have to get the distance and centering right.

Older athlon Cronus
That is what I thought. I was going to get a Cronus recently but couldn't pass up the price on the Bushnell xrs ii ($1058) with the H59 reticle at Midway last month. My brother runs a Cronus BTR and I am nothing but impressed with it for sure. His has the center dot not the center cross hair.
I'm going to try and go down to Colorado next month to go shooting with my brother and I will compare my Bushnell to his Cronus.

Well the weather has been fair and I've been able to get out. Went last night and verified both my xrs and strike eagle tracked with great results. I was able to the verify my zero on both rifles. Good to go.
I am going to run out to 1k and then a mile today. I still have some work to do on my fundamentals and body positioning to help manage the recoil of the 300WM. Probably going to take a shovel and level my firing position at a mile also. Every thing helps a little.
20210305_173850.jpg
20210305_173841.jpg
Screenshot_20210305-191336_Gallery.jpg

Really appreciate all the knowledge being shared in this thread, not sure how I missed it during my search for the use the Scenar's in my 300 win mag. I plan on sticking with them for my visit to the Fierce Shooting school next month.

Reactions: JBarton
Really appreciate all the knowledge being shared in this thread, not sure how I missed it during my search for the use the Scenar's in my 300 win mag. I plan on sticking with them for my visit to the Fierce Shooting school next month.
It has been great and everyone who has commented is really appreciated.

How are you liking your XRS II? I'm a month or so in liking mine so far. Saturday dialed 30.2 + held 2 then 2.9 wind hold on 30x. Tracking is flawless with it through full range very pleased.

How are you liking your XRS II? I'm a month or so in liking mine so far. Saturday dialed 30.2 + held 2 then 2.9 wind hold on 30x. Tracking is flawless with it through full range very pleased.
I am ruined. I love it and really didn't know what I was missing.
Awesome clarity and can even see my impact marks on steel at a mile. Granted I can barely make them out but what a difference.
I also performed a tracking test and found that my turrets track perfectly and the reticle is spot on.

that's great glad to hear my buddy picked one up as well feels the same. we pretty much live with insane mirage year around here in FL, but clarity of this over my other 2 sets of glass is not even comparable.....even looking out into blazing mirage is quite a pleasure over what I had been seeing.

I am ruined. I love it and really didn't know what I was missing.
Awesome clarity and can even see my impact marks on steel at a mile. Granted I can barely make them out but what a difference.
I also performed a tracking test and found that my turrets track perfectly and the reticle is spot on.

Don't ever look through the next tier :D

Just got a ZCO but haven't mounted yet. Went shooting yesterday and brought it along just to take a gander. Very hazy in the morning - Athlon Ares BTR looked like it was fogged up, DMR2 similar but less so, Trijicon Tenmile tough to cut through the haze, but could tell it was haze, and Burris XTR3 cut through best, but still very compromised at distance. ZCO had nothing at 1 mile, and nothing at 500 yards, just a bit more white around 1K yards. The difference between the Chinese Athlon and the XTR3 was approx the difference between the XTR3 and the ZCO. Confirmed on good days, mirage days, rain days, and now haze, that ratio holds.

Just got a ZCO but haven't mounted yet. Went shooting yesterday and brought it along just to take a gander. Very hazy in the morning - Athlon Ares BTR looked like it was fogged up, DMR2 similar but less so, Trijicon Tenmile tough to cut through the haze, but could tell it was haze, and Burris XTR3 cut through best, but still very compromised at distance. ZCO had nothing at 1 mile, and nothing at 500 yards, just a bit more white around 1K yards. The difference between the Chinese Athlon and the XTR3 was approx the difference between the XTR3 and the ZCO. Confirmed on good days, mirage days, rain days, and now haze, that ratio holds.
I contemplated buying an Ares ETR and Cronus BTR but couldn't beat the price on my Bushnell xrs ii. I will have to start a separate savings account just for future glass purchases.

I contemplated buying an Ares ETR and Cronus BTR but couldn't beat the price on my Bushnell xrs ii. I will have to start a separate savings account just for future glass purchases.

It's certainly unnecessary for me (ZCO), and probably unnecessary for most people 99% of the time - it's that once or twice a year scenario where the glass lets you see what only the top tier can. I decided to keep it for the subjective optical enjoyment :LOL: rather than for the objective utility.

Looking forward to Bushnell's ELR scope, if it ever comes out. Keep the XTR2 unless you plan to jump to ZCO/TT - all the scopes I've tried in the 2K range are a coontshair apart.

It has been a while since I've posted on this thread. I'm giving my 300WM a rest while I do the load development and barrel break in on my 300PRC. So far the PRC has been finicky. I have shot 212gr precision hunter and 225gr ELDM factory ammo. It didn't much care for it at first but it shoots sub moa even with an ES of 103 in a 5 round string. I just settled on a slower load to conserve what powder and bullets I do have. I did my seating depth load test today with decent results. I've settled on 74.5gr RL26, 215m primers, hornady brass, 220gr ELDX 0.020" off the lands.
ES:16
SD: 6
AVG: 2925fps
It shot under an inch at 200 yards. I had better SD and ES numbers but the accuracy wasn't there. I will keep working out the kinks.
Here is the PRC with my homemade off barrel magnetospeed mount. Hopefully I can find some more reloader 26 for this one. I'm down to less than 2 pounds.
20210418_144213.jpg

Sweet! Love the mount for the Magneto - did you make that? I have some aluminum laying around, might copy you...

You have made amazing progress with all this good Snipershide help. You will be spanking that mile shot in due order. I'm a big fan of the heavy 300's so I think you are in good 1-mile company. That PRC should take you there in short order.

Congrats and keep up the good work.

PB

Sweet! Love the mount for the Magneto - did you make that? I have some aluminum laying around, might copy you...
I did make it. It is set up to run on both my 300WM and 300PRC. They are both sitting in X-ray chassis with spigot mounts. It is adjustable to accommodate the different barrel length.
I haven't tried it on my Bergara yet. The sloped forend might not work. Eventually I will probably get the wiser mount.
Copy away if you want to.

You have made amazing progress with all this good Snipershide help. You will be spanking that mile shot in due order. I'm a big fan of the heavy 300's so I think you are in good 1-mile company. That PRC should take you there in short order.

Congrats and keep up the good work.

PB
Thank you. I have learned a lot from the hide and I honestly don't know if I would be as far along without it.
I'm hoping to get my prc out past a mile consistently with a goal of 2000 yards. Waiting on some heavier bullets before I attempt it for now.

Reactions: Steel head
Thank you. I have learned a lot from the hide and I honestly don't know if I would be as far along without it.
I'm hoping to get my prc out past a mile consistently with a goal of 2000 yards. Waiting on some heavier bullets before I attempt it for now.
It’s a great journey.
I remember years ago when I hit at 1000 yards for the first time then 1200 then 1400 and it keeps on going.
Sunday I put four shot in a 24” circle at 2986 yards with my new barrel.
Now I’m doing my own barrels and gunning for 4000+
I’ve learned a ton since those humble beginnings when I thought 700 yards was far.

Reactions: Chickentoast
It’s a great journey.
I remember years ago when I hit at 1000 yards for the first time then 1200 then 1400 and it keeps on going.
Sunday I put four shot in a 24” circle at 2986 yards with my new barrel.
Now I’m doing my own barrels and gunning for 4000+
I’ve learned a ton since those humble beginnings when I thought 700 yards was far.
It is fun for sure. I've been doing some research on lathes and some gunsmith classes. In the end I want to be able to do my own barrels too.