• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Recce 7, sandman s, rugged razor or sig762 qd?

jdutton24

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
alabama
Going on a 11.5 inch sbr 556 and 300 blk out 8.5 inch and some on my 20 inch rem 700 308. i cant decide between these. I was set on the griffin armament but then saw that the baffles are 17-4 stainless. for 75 bucks more i can get the sandman S with stellite. i called silencer shop and two different people recommended the griffin then deadair then sig. My problem with sig is the muzzle attachments are different thread size in 30 cal vs 556.
just found out about rugged razor promo. Comes with 556 end cap plus two more muzzle attachments of your choice but it doesn't seem as quiet as recce or sandman. The warranty on the rugged is great though.

The deal Rugged has going on makes the razor tempting, but the Recce 7 has a significant enough difference in db reduction that's the one I'd be spending my hard earned money on.

As far as I know Griffin is still running the $200 credit offer that you can use towards mounts and stuff.

Last edited:
Capitol Armory still shows it on their website. Doesn't hurt to call and ask. I've purchased from Capitol Armory and Silencer Shop. Both are GTG.

The Razor will have a little more dB but it's over 1.5" shorter and has Stellite baffles as well. If you're looking for more versatility check out the Surge you can get maximum suppression and then have the option to go to the 7.5" configuration if you'd prefer something shorter and lighter. It is a little more money but you're getting more for your money and wait time. And the piece of mind is hard to beat with the warranty.

Dead air cans are great. I would personally look hard at them if I wasn’t so invested in SiCo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead air cans are great. I would personally look hard at them if I wasn’t so invested in SiCo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q>SIG>SiCo>others when it comes to the .30cal cans for most folks.

Right now Rugged has a promotion where you get 2 mounts not including the one that comes with the can plus a 223 end cap free when you register it through their website. You can get it without one mount from Capitol Armory for $750. I have a Surge and my Razor should be approved any day now. The mount is repeatable and rock solid, and they are built like a brick shit house. You can't go wrong with most of the 30 cal cans out there.

I went with the recce since they had the Trump bucks rebate still. 200 rebate on their site. Will get all the muzzle attachments I need that way.

Reactions: JS8588