• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recession - 2022 / 2023 / 2024

This woman has a plan to end the recession. Unfortunately one of her old plans brought on the recession:

San Francisco Fed President Says March a Good Time to Raise Rates​

Inflation too high, but U.S. economy doing well overall, San Francisco Fed’s Mary Daly says​

I'm starting to doubt some of the "Worker Shortage" propaganda. Other's have asked "Where did all of these people go"?... IDK
If the Government's unemployment numbers are tainted, that is why the FED Reserve is sitting on it's hands, not raising interest.
Seems that there are a lot of companies, world wide, who are laying off workers:
Info from January 20, 2022
I agree, something is whack!

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

EXCLUSIVE Biden to nominate economist Shambaugh as U.S. Treasury's international chief​

Quoting Jay C. Shambaugh:
A last word of caution is that the first data released on prices each month is the CPI, but the Federal Reserve is committed to targeting the Personal Consumption Expenditure price index. The two indexes are weighted differently, and the PCE index shifts weights as consumers change spending patterns. As a result, PCE inflation has typically been lower than CPI inflation.

FED Reserve is playing a long shot:
Bloomberg) -- U.S. equities rose for a second day as economic data and uncertainty due to Russia’s war in Ukraine caused traders to pull back on bets the Federal Reserve will aggressively hike interest rates next month.

Imagine that... Somehow the FED Reserve could use the Ukraine situation to postpone raising the interest rate to slow inflation. How convenient, except for "We The People".

Just like the infomercials.
Wait, there's more!!

Just in time? Will they pull the strings? The next few days should be interesting.
FED Reserve is playing a long shot:
Bloomberg) -- U.S. equities rose for a second day as economic data and uncertainty due to Russia’s war in Ukraine caused traders to pull back on bets the Federal Reserve will aggressively hike interest rates next month.

Imagine that... Somehow the FED Reserve could use the Ukraine situation to postpone raising the interest rate to slow inflation. How convenient, except for "We The People".

The U.S. trade deficit jumped 7.1% in January to $107.6 billion and hit a new all-time high for the second month in a row, reflecting huge American appetite for imported goods such as autos and oil.
“The characterization of inflation as transitory is probably the worst inflation call in the history of the Federal Reserve, and it results in a high probability of a policy mistake,” the former Pimco CEO and current Queens’ College president said Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”
“So, the Fed must quickly, starting this week, regain control of the inflation narrative and regain its own credibility,” he added. “Otherwise, it will become a driver of higher inflation expectations that feed onto themselves.”
Given that uncertainty, Goldman Sachs is raising its inflation outlook. It expects that core PCE inflation, the Federal Reserve's preferred price metric, will decelerate to 3.7% at the end of this year.
That's a jump from Goldman's previous forecast of 3.1% — and almost double the Fed's goal of 2%.
Goldman also now expects consumer prices, which rose by a near-40-year high of 7.5% on an annualized basis in January, to cool off to 4.6% by the end of this year and 2.9% by the end of next year.
The credibility of the USA is being eroded away, day by day. The world watches as this administration (President, FED Reserve, DNRC, etc) continues to dig the hole deeper. The pocket book of every American is being effected.

Last edited:

On The Retail Front​

The US Mint reports that it sold a mere 1.5 million American Silver Eagles in February, reflecting the continued global shortage of silver. 70,500 ounces of American Gold Eagles were sold last month, along with 22,000 American Buffalo 1 oz gold coins for a combined 92,500 oz of gold bullion sales for February.

This action will worsen / lengthen the Recession of 2022. The prudent thing would be to drill / produce oil, build pipelines and refineries. This should be a wake up call of what not to do. Knee jerk reaction

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — The International Energy Agency’s 31 member countries agreed Tuesday to release 60 million barrels of oil from their strategic reserves — half of that from the United States — “to send a strong message to oil markets” that supplies won’t fall short after the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
The board of the Paris-based IEA made the decision at an extraordinary meeting of energy ministers chaired by U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm. She said in a statement that U.S. President Joe Biden approved a commitment of 30 million barrels and that the U.S. is ready to “take additional measures” if needed.
The group’s “decision reflects our common commitment to address significant market and supply disruptions related to President Putin’s war on Ukraine,” Granholm said.

I knowingly placed this in the "Recession 2022" topic rather then the Ukraine. This is not about the Ukraine. It is about what is happening right here in America. Throwing US Dollars at issues in other countries and expecting a different outcome. Insane.
The White House is seeking $6.4 billion in humanitarian and security aid from Congress for Ukraine. Democrats intend to include the funding in an omnibus spending bill that lawmakers in the House of Representatives expect to vote on next week.

Attachments

• Burning money 1.jpg
    Burning money 1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Angry
Reactions: NoDopes

On The Retail Front​

The US Mint reports that it sold a mere 1.5 million American Silver Eagles in February, reflecting the continued global shortage of silver. 70,500 ounces of American Gold Eagles were sold last month, along with 22,000 American Buffalo 1 oz gold coins for a combined 92,500 oz of gold bullion sales for February.
Premiums on ASEs are crazy. Holding, expect silver as a commodity to go up.

Premiums on ASEs are crazy. Holding, expect silver as a commodity to go up.
I wish I could give you a direct answer on silver.... I can't. As you know, much of silver's demand comes from electronic components needs. From the polar opposite, I hold some junk silver coins just in case I need to buy a loaf of bread or a gallon of fuel. ASE around $34...
The one metal's commodity I am laughing at is copper... Been bumping around just under 10k for 6 months. Not effected by world events. A bread and butter commodity that will be in demand even after gold and silver crash.

JMHO

Copper.
Just paid $128 for 25' of 6/3 for my generator. And that (locally) was a good deal.
I would hate wiring a new house at these prices.

Copper.
Just paid $128 for 25' of 6/3 for my generator. And that (locally) was a good deal.
I would hate wiring a new house at these prices.
We agree.... Cost of new construction is + + + +.... Then on top of the sales price the local governments are going to tax it on top of the inflated value..... I owned houses during the S&L crash... Some were underwater. Filing the disputes with the counties to reduce the tax value on a property was like pulling teeth. I would avoid that situation at all cost. Today it's better to sit on $400k in the bank (let inflation eat at it) rather than sink that money in a house. A lot of people got burned / learned a lesson. Today those people will get into a house with as little cash as possible. Just in case things go south and they, again, have to walk away from it. A sad situation.

JMHO

In the construction world we had a saying - "Build a fire under his ass"..... Who ever oversees the FED Reserve needs to build a fire under Jerome Powell's ass....

Dow rallies nearly 600 points as investors watch Fed’s Powell and monitor Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

He has become a man who "monitor's" and sits on his hands.......... He monitored "transition inflation", he monitored the "pandemic", he monitored the shipping bottlenecks..... In the heavy industrial construction world, if I told my project manager I was monitoring... He would put a boot so far up my ass that I'd have to go to the ER to have it removed.

He appears to be a man waiting on the next excuse to develop. He'd never make it working for the fire department.

Attachments

• Downward spiral 1.jpg
    Downward spiral 1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 38
In the construction world we had a saying - "Build a fire under his ass"..... Who ever oversees the FED Reserve needs to build a fire under Jerome Powell's ass....

Dow rallies nearly 600 points as investors watch Fed’s Powell and monitor Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

He has become a man who "monitor's" and sits on his hands.......... He monitored "transition inflation", he monitored the "pandemic", he monitored the shipping bottlenecks..... In the heavy industrial construction world, if I told my project manager I was monitoring... He would put a boot so far up my ass that I'd have to go to the ER to have it removed.

He appears to be a man waiting on the next excuse to develop. He'd never make it working for the fire department.

cant get in trouble for making a bad decision if you never make a decision, right? Powell sucks. Every FED chair has sucked.

i want Milton Freidman to be chairman of the FED. i know hes been dead for years but his corpse would do a better job than Powell.

I can now go into my local grocery store (without a shopping cart or hand basket), pick up routine items for an average dinner and be able to go through the Express Checkout line, have everything fit in a small plastic grocery bag and spend $40 +/-.......:mad:
The Fed chief will appear first before the House Financial Services Committee on Wednesday and then before the Senate Banking Committee on Thursday for hours of questioning from lawmakers about the bank’s plan to address inflation and its outlook for financial markets.

Keep on digging the hole deeper:

Connor O’Brien and Jennifer Scholtes
Thu, March 3, 2022, 8:24 AM·2 min read
Top lawmakers are finalizing the text of a sweeping government funding package, hustling to pass the deal as the White House increased its ask for Ukraine assistance.
The Biden administration revamped its emergency funding request Thursday morning, asking Congress for almost $33 billion, including $10 billion to respond to the fallout from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and $22.5 billion to address the pandemic. Lawmakers are expected to tack the money onto a $1.5 trillion package to fund the government into the fall, as they scramble to close out the spending bill before next week's deadline.
The new requests represent an increase for Ukraine money and a lower ask for pandemic aid. The administration originally told lawmakers they needed $6.4 billion for Ukraine and asked for $35 billion for domestic and international efforts to quell the spread of Covid-19.

I knowingly placed this in the "Recession 2022" topic rather then the Ukraine. This is not about the Ukraine. It is about what is happening right here in America. Throwing US Dollars at issues in other countries and expecting a different outcome. Insane.
The White House is seeking $6.4 billion in humanitarian and security aid from Congress for Ukraine. Democrats intend to include the funding in an omnibus spending bill that lawmakers in the House of Representatives expect to vote on next week.

Nothing like the fog of war to hide fraud.

I am in the construction industry. I put together some budget estimates last summer for some projects we are bidding right now. All these projects are in the 1-1.5M dollar range. At the time my unit costs were about 35-45% lower, but I knew we were headed in the wrong direction. I assigned some crazy inflation numbers as well as some healthy contingencies. Low and behold, our projects are "within budget", but the numbers I used to get there I had a REALLY hard time utilizing. If I wasn't part owner of my company I would have been scared of getting fired for "pumping up" costs. I have been doing this for well over 20 years now and have never seen anything like it. Our costs are skyrocketing, people are still building stuff, nobody is in the work force, yet we still prod on. Something has to give sooner or later.

I am in the construction industry. I put together some budget estimates last summer for some projects we are bidding right now. All these projects are in the 1-1.5M dollar range. At the time my unit costs were about 35-45% lower, but I knew we were headed in the wrong direction. I assigned some crazy inflation numbers as well as some healthy contingencies. Low and behold, our projects are "within budget", but the numbers I used to get there I had a REALLY hard time utilizing. If I wasn't part owner of my company I would have been scared of getting fired for "pumping up" costs. I have been doing this for well over 20 years now and have never seen anything like it. Our costs are skyrocketing, people are still building stuff, nobody is in the work force, yet we still prod on. Something has to give sooner or later.
Thank you for a very concise reply. I retired out of heavy industrial construction. Only once in my career was the contractor forced to use the Force majeure rule / clause. An ocean going barge with an Alsom boiler was hit by a tidal wave and sank in the Pacific. I commend you for your foresight in assigning the crazy numbers. Many who are still in my industry are telling me Force majeure is a way of life when there are zero available materials to use, at any cost..
The medium size building material / log home people in my area have survived two bad recessions, are getting old, can't sell their businesses, can't find workers and have let their remaining employees know this... When the month comes that they can not make a profit, the owner's will simply shut down the business. They witnessed their competitors (in previous recessions) mortgage their homes, take out personal loans and do everything possible to stay afloat.. In the end those owners lost much more than just the business.

Snug your seat belt. The FED is not even talking about a "soft landing".

I commend you for your foresight in assigning the crazy numbers.
I appreciate that, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't sweating bullets when I did it. I work with GC's and Architects/Engineers every day and I use to laugh at them back in the good ol days when their pricing was so obviously over inflated they were clearly trying to cut a fat hog. I was basically placed in that position and had to use my best judgement on things that were wildly out of my control. I was pretty lucky when everything shook out the way it did. I remember 08/09, I almost switched careers back then. I am in so deep now it would be hard to recover if things go waaaay south.

cant get in trouble for making a bad decision if you never make a decision, right? Powell sucks. Every FED chair has sucked.

i want Milton Freidman to be chairman of the FED. i know hes been dead for years but his corpse would do a better job than Powell.
Jerome is late to the party.... Why ?

March 2, 2022
By Nichola Saminather
TORONTO (Reuters) -Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto-Dominion Bank and Bank of Montreal said on Wednesday they will raise their prime lending rates for the first time since October 2018, after the Bank of Canada hiked its benchmark rate by 25 basis points.

The Bank of England has raised interest rates for a second time in three months, to 0.5%, as it warned that surging energy bills would push inflation higher than expected, to more than 7% by April.

In Brazil, the central bank on Wednesday increased its benchmark interest rate by 1.5 percentage points to 10.75% and signaled another increase at its next meeting.

MOSCOW — Russia’s central bank raised its key interest rate from 9.5 percent to 20 percent on Monday, a significant hike designed to shore up the ruble as Western countries expand sanctions on Moscow for its invasion of Ukraine.

Chile’s central bank whacked up its key interest rate by 125 basis points for the second straight meeting as policy makers seek to rein in a consumer spending boom and the fastest inflation in more than a decade.

Ugg... lumber about to top out. again. Watching this for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: NoDopes
Ugg... lumber about to top out. again. Watching this for a while.
Ironic that there are job openings for Wildland Fire Fighters as lumber prices reach record highs.
We have an administration and politician's taking kick back to allow the National forest to burn rather than hire lumberjacks and logging contractors to harvest the timber and do prudent preventative fire management.
One more thing where the numbers don't add up.

Reactions: devildog93
I'm following you... And then the owner will rent it out for $3k a month, payable in silver or gold.
Facts. Getting into a new rental is going to hurt for a lot of people due to the burn landlords got from the eviction moratorium, and the fact that so many rentals are now corporate owned.

Last edited:

FEBRUARY 2022ADP® National Employment Report™​

Private-sector employment increased by 475,000 from January to February, on a seasonally adjusted basis.

Facts. Getting into a shower rental is going to hurt for a lot of people due to the burn landlords got from the eviction moratorium, and the fact that so many rentals are now corporate owned.
I'm sure the slimy lawyers are lobbying and writing rental contracts to circumvent any more "Moratoriums"... I have not read of any squatters remaining in any of the Airbnb's..... Just call that $300k double wide an Airbnb.

Ironic that there are job openings for Wildland Fire Fighters as lumber prices reach record highs.
We have an administration and politician's taking kick back to allow the National forest to burn rather than hire lumberjacks and logging contractors to harvest the timber and do prudent preventative fire management.

Yes. Apparently cutting them down is bad but letting them burn is ok. One of those methods is much worse on the env that they claim to like to protect. I’ll let you all figure out which one it is.

Yeah my stocks are getting hammered! There is only one thing right now in everything I own that is in the positive!
No need to beat yourself up.... Even American's who do not own stocks are losing. Could be a 401k, Pension, housing, vehicles, taxes... even down to that $20 bill in their wallet is taking the hit.
A few things like ammo is up in value but, currently, the grocery store is not taking ammo as payment for a loaf of bread.

POLICY DILEMMA
The U.S. Federal Reserve is impaled on the horns of dilemma, trapped between its dual goals to maximise employment and maintain price stability.
The central bank is simultaneously under pressure to raise interest rates faster to restrain inflation but leave them lower to offset the heightened uncertainty arising from the conflict.
For the time being, senior U.S. policymakers have indicated the need to restrain inflation outweighs other considerations and they plan to start increasing interest rates from this month.

Flippin' burgers and spinnin' out pizza's is the newest hope for the economy. How long will it take a McD's employee to buy a $500k house?
WASHINGTON, March 4 (Reuters) – US job growth accelerated in February, pushing the unemployment rate to a two-year low of 3.8% and raising optimism that the economy could withstand the headwind of rising geopolitical tensions. inflation and tighter monetary policy.
The Department of Labor’s employment report, closely monitored on Friday, also showed that the economy created 92,000 more jobs than originally estimated in December and January. He suggested that the labor market was overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic and that the economy was moving away from government money. Although average hourly earnings were steady last month, it was due to the return of workers in lower-paying industries and a timed bias.

It's the stupid Environmental Nazis that would rather see the forest burn than logged, even if it kills people, and burns down their own house's.

What ever you are smokin', sniffin' or drinkin'...... Please share it with the rest of us.
I may start a "Snake Farm".... With as much Snake Oil that is being slathered around.... Got to be a demand for it... Going watch a Youtube video on snake milkin' and oil squeezin'