• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Recoil off bipod

Re: Recoil off bipod

Scott,

A weapon is nothing but a tool, it takes a trained operator/craftsman to work any tool correctly, no matter what the tool is or how it operates.

I spent alot of time behind both of those weapons an many found things they would do, an different ways to employ them over Uncles std an advanced block of training.
Point is, any operator/craftsman if they work with any tool long enough will always find ways to over come it's short comings, no matter what.

My Grandfather had an old saying, that I have found so true.
A true Craftsman never blames his tools, he overcomes their shortcomings,... with <span style="font-weight: bold">His </span> talent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott,

A weapon is nothing but a tool, it takes a trained operator/craftsman to work any tool correctly, no matter what the tool is or how it operates.

I spent alot of time behind both of those weapons an many found things they would do, an different ways to employ them over Uncles std an advanced block of training.
Point is, any operator/craftsman if they work with any tool long enough will always find ways to over come it's short comings, no matter what.

My Grandfather had an old saying, that I have found so true.
A true Craftsman never blames his tools, he overcomes their shortcomings,... with <span style="font-weight: bold">His </span> talent.

</div></div>

All of that is true (although I never knew your grandfather
wink.gif
)

But what do you say to a guy with crappy equipment and is suffering at varying ranges 200-800 m, someone who otherwise is a great shooter? Say his rifle has a worn out barrel, a spongy, 15-lb trigger, and a Tasco hunting scope with plain crosshairs. He's ranging with surplus M22 binoculars. Are you going to tell him better equipment won't help his shooting? (We both know the answer to that.)

Scott

No I would not, as if he was a craftsman he would be the first to know what/where the issues were, and overcome them.
Before one can walk they have to crawl. I have and have had, the best equipment money can buy, but that still does not make me a operator/craftsman in all things that go bang.

A good shooter will get the most from any system as he will quickly learn what works an what does not. If his shooting system sucks an thats all he has, he can bone up on his fieldcraft an work closer. The end result will be the same, trust me, I've seen it done.

Ok, well, I would tell that guy to get a better rifle and a rangefinder.

You fix what is broken. If he's having technique problems, then you fix those. If he's having equipment problems then you fix those too.

But that's just me.

Scott

Why do people put Pod-Locs on their Harris bipods?

Thats partly a rhetorical question, but not completely. I don't own one.

So you have this extra weight on your rifle, and you have to loosen and tighten it every time you set up a shot. Sounds like a pain in the butt (the reason I don't own one).

So what does it do for you?

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My claim is and has been this: with a bolt action rifle using a pivoting bipod like a Harris, when it does produce bipod hop, torque from the bullet is the root cause.

Scott </div></div>

I've read most of this thread with amusement of what I assume are your rookie assumptions. Now I'll comment.

If by using a bolt action rifle as your basis would you accept that any fixed breach firearm would substitute?

If you allow this substitution how would you explain bipod hop with a fixed breach shotgun?

Explain the torque issue with a smoothbore. If you shoot a shotgun off of a bipod without employing the FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKSMANSHIP you will have hop. That said I can drive a shotgun off of a bipod and not have hop just as well as I can drive a rifle without hop. Hop is caused by more forces than torque and when the rifle is driven properly hop does not occur. Period.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, well, I would tell that guy to get a better rifle and a rangefinder.

You fix what is broken. If he's having technique problems, then you fix those. If he's having equipment problems then you fix those too.

But that's just me.

Scott </div></div>

I've seen guys with top of the line equipment get out shot with rack guns, more than once, how is that an equipment issue? Until your abilitys are above your equipment, the new equipment is still just a mental crutch to use. Do you understand that?

Granted one can up their selfworth with great equipment an at times gain a few points at a match, but thats not in question. The question is, are they fooling theirself by thinking top of the line iron will overcome, their shortcomings behind the trigger, my answer would be yes.
A perfect example is me, I have top of the line iron but my driving ability is in question at times and I know that. Knowing ones short coming is the key, if a person can not except or understand that, they well never improve. In the field I might suck at long, but that can be made up for in many ways to complete the task at hand. Knowing your abilitys, and how to overcome them, will allow you grow old.

Just Roy,

Not flaming by any means, just curious, but why would you have shot a scattergun off of a bi-pod? Im simple minded, hook a brother up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Just Roy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If by using a bolt action rifle as your basis would you accept that any fixed breach firearm would substitute?

If you allow this substitution how would you explain bipod hop with a fixed breach shotgun?</div></div>

Never really thought about it, but yes, the physics should generally be the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Explain the torque issue with a smoothbore. If you shoot a shotgun off of a bipod without employing the FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKSMANSHIP you will have hop. That said I can drive a shotgun off of a bipod and not have hop just as well as I can drive a rifle without hop. Hop is caused by more forces than torque and when the rifle is driven properly hop does not occur. Period.</div></div>

The OP on this thread gets a consistent hop to the left. All the hops I measured also were to the left.

The left-handed kid had hop to the right, despite having (presumably) standard right-hand twist the same as me. But he was shooting a plain (non-swivel) bipod whereas mine has a swivel. So there is some kind of different dynamic going on for him. I have my suspicions, but I can't say for sure what it is without measuring. You could get an opposite (right) hop from a springy, rigid bipod, for example: bipod loads during bullet spin up, unloads after exit and produces right hop instead of left.

Likewise there is some other dynamic going on if you are getting hop from a smoothbore. It could be a number of things. It could be stock geometry causing an upward bounce, and then your body deflects that sideways. It's impossible to tell without measuring it.

Might there be other situations at work here? Of course.

But any comprehensive explanation has to account for what I measured: rotation and lateral acceleration while the bullet was being spun up.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I've seen guys with top of the line equipment get out shot with rack guns, more than once, how is that an equipment issue? . . .</div></div>

What do you mean, "rack gun?" Do you mean a nothing-fancy range-supplied rifle?

That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about a guy with legitimate equipment problems.

A bad trigger will affect your shooting. Ill-equipped optics will affect your ranging.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do people put Pod-Locs on their Harris bipods?

Thats partly a rhetorical question, but not completely. I don't own one.

So you have this extra weight on your rifle, and you have to loosen and tighten it every time you set up a shot. Sounds like a pain in the butt (the reason I don't own one).

So what does it do for you?

Scott</div></div>

My God, I really wanted to beg off this, but Scott, you are really digging yourself deeper ?

You have no clue how a bipod works, the difference between a swivel bipod and a non-swivel Harris, or that the Pod Loc is a simple one handed tightening device, to which if you have a tool you can tighten any Harris the same, albeit they are bit harder to do that way.

People need to read this, among his ruminations on the opposite recoil bounce of the left handed kid on the video.

This mind is where data will come from, these are the minds that bring you this type of data.

That's all I'm saying cause I have already addressed the "why" over and over again and he just won't admit the rifle is bouncing off the shooter.

Scott, I feel bad for you, way over thinking shit like this yet not understanding something as simple as a Pod Loc or the difference a swiveling bipod makes in this type of shooting.

I think I mentioned quitting while you were ahead, well by my count you are 6ft under at least right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do people put Pod-Locs on their Harris bipods?</div></div>
You have no clue how a bipod works, the difference between a swivel bipod and a non-swivel Harris, or that the Pod Loc is a simple one handed tightening device, to which if you have a tool you can tighten any Harris the same, albeit they are bit harder to do that way. . . .</div></div>

I know how a bipod works. I know what a Pod-Loc does.

You're not answering my question though.

Why do people use Pod-Locs, or tighten the nut for that matter?

Why do people prevent their bipods from swiveling during the shot?

I'm completely serious.

When you lay down in position and level up, nothing moves. There is no strain required to hold the rifle level until the shot. It has no effect on ranging. No effect of dialing elevation or holding wind. No effect on putting the crosshairs on the target. Nothing to do with breathing, trigger control, position, any of that.

So why add the lever (or tighten the nut)? Why bother?

Scott

Lowlight, here is another question for you, a completely serious one.

We both know good form prevents bipod hop.

What, exactly, do you do if you want to cause bipod hop?

When I get the time I'm going to run another series of tests. I want to reliably create bipod hop and eliminate it. I want to see what the rifle does by varying the fewest variables possible.

Scott

You fishing ?

The dude with the big hair has the most swively pipod there is and his dont torque NODA good shooter !

I know after watching the video I have some bad habits to overcome Thanks for posting the vids LL....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You fishing ?

The dude with the big hair has the most swively pipod there is and his dont torque NODA good shooter !

I know after watching the video I have some bad habits to overcome Thanks for posting the vids LL.... </div></div>

You're talking about the AI AW, aren't you?

Those have pivots right under the barrel. If I am right, that kind of attachment should be almost immune to biopd hop. No restraint required.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So why add the lever (or tighten the nut)? Why bother?

Scott </div></div>

I use my pod loc not as much as a lock, but more as a friction adjuster. Without the lock, it is hard to ensure that you are not canting the rifle.

I set the lever to take out most, but not all, of the swivel. That way I can make minute adjustments and then release my grip on the rifle and it wont move.

Oh, and if I don't use proper form...my muzzle jumps...to the right...I am a RH shooter...with or without the pod locked...with a fixed, as well as a swivel bipod...it does this because the rifle is reacting against my sholder angle and the presure on the grip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowlight, here is another question for you, a completely serious one.

We both know good form prevents bipod hop.

When I get the time I'm going to run another series of tests. I want to reliably create bipod hop and eliminate it. I want to see what the rifle does by varying the fewest variables possible.

Scott</div></div>

First the Harbinger has a Harris on it, and I keep mine tight with very little swivel, I like less swivel than the AI or TRG bipods, so technically more swivel should be better, but I personally like less... but that is me.

if you want to cause hop, kick yourself off to the side of the rifle at an angle, pull the rifle into the shoulder only and then slap the trigger, it will launch in the opposite direction of your firing hand.

The swivel is neither here nor there, its a variable with less meaning than you are giving it, although it will absorb some bad position as it will give some under recoil. But lots of people shoot swivel bipods that are pretty tight with no ill effect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh, and if I don't use proper form...my muzzle jumps...to the right...I am a RH shooter...with or without the pod locked...with a fixed, as well as a swivel bipod...it does this because the rifle is reacting against my sholder angle and the presure on the grip. </div></div>

Does it hit your collar bone or something? What do you mean about the shoulder angle?

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I've seen guys with top of the line equipment get out shot with rack guns, more than once, how is that an equipment issue? . . .</div></div>

What do you mean, "rack gun?" Do you mean a nothing-fancy range-supplied rifle?
Ill-equipped optics will affect your ranging.

Scott </div></div>
A rack gun, is a weapon that is issued/used just the way it came from the mfg. no mods ect. A skilled shooter will get the most from any system, an unskilled shooter can have the best of everything but still only be fooling himself into thinking it's the iron fault.

There is a old saying, it ain't the bow or arrow, its the Indian, that over comes the issues the bow an arrow have.

Like Lowlight said,...quit digging.

</div></div>

Place lateral force onto the rifle i.e. firing hand. also, the angle ot the backstop (shoulder) will affect this.

In your next round of testing, do not drive the rifle, instead, place it against a backstop (wall or something) try it at different angles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh, and if I don't use proper form...my muzzle jumps...to the right...I am a RH shooter...with or without the pod locked...with a fixed, as well as a swivel bipod...it does this because the rifle is reacting against my sholder angle and the presure on the grip. </div></div>

Does it hit your collar bone or something? What do you mean about the shoulder angle?

Scott </div></div>

Yes, it is a combination of body angle relative to the weapon and shoulder angle relative to the weapon caused by both body position and LOP that affects the angle and position of my firing arm. My firing hand places a force on the grip, my head places a force on the cheak rest.

If the rifle recoils strait back, it is going to react to the surface stoping that motion. If the surface is not perpandicular to the force (recoil) it is going to introduce another vector that will introduce lateral force (movement). This is all in addition to the other forces put on the rifle (by me).

If I drive it right, which I have "almost" figure out. I can watch my hits at 100 yards. It basically requires lining all these forces up parelel with the bore, and/or counteracting any lateral force with one in the equal and oposite direction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In your next round of testing, do not drive the rifle, instead, place it against a backstop (wall or something) try it at different angles. </div></div>

Actually one of the first things I will do is brace the butt against something solid and just set off a round. I want to prevent any rearward movement and see how much it rotates.

One degree of freedom at a time.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In your next round of testing, do not drive the rifle, instead, place it against a backstop (wall or something) try it at different angles. </div></div>

Actually one of the first things I will do is brace the butt against something solid and just set off a round. I want to prevent any rearward movement and see how much it rotates.

One degree of freedom at a time.

Scott </div></div>

I am currious what your results will be. but, to completely eliminate all lateral force, it must be perfectly perpendicular to the bore.

Imagine a pool table. If you shoot a ball into the rail, it bounces off at an angle unless you hit it exacly perpendicular to the rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check this Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRGdAu89N_A

(How do you embed those?)

Watch the guy's scope cap. At the shot, 0:20, there is no hop, but the rifle rotates.

Scott</div></div>

Duh, he has the bipod loose, and it takes the path of least resistance, which is to the side, no voodoo.., it moves that way because it can. It's prevented from going backwards by him, so it dips ever so slightly on the weakest point, the bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check this Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRGdAu89N_A

(How do you embed those?)

Watch the guy's scope cap. At the shot, 0:20, there is no hop, but the rifle rotates.

Scott

P.S. Here is another one, from a bench. You can see the scope wiggle back and forth at the shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD0217VDquM </div></div>

You would be much better off by doing an learning, than looking an talking about it so much.

The drawing board/class room is one venue, but the one that counts is neither of those. Doing an learning from such, trumps talking about it everytime.

Another to consider is body mechanics, the rifle recoils into the right shoulder, the right shoulder is connected to the right, which is connected to the right hand, which is holding the rifle on the right side....

When the rifle recoils, it pushes the shoulder backwards, pulling the arm with the hand holding the rifle which, (wait for it) pulls the rifle right.

Lots of stuff here and nothing to do with rotational torque values of the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another to consider is body mechanics, the rifle recoils into the right shoulder, the right shoulder is connected to the right, which is connected to the right hand, which is holding the rifle on the right side....

When the rifle recoils, it pushes the shoulder backwards, pulling the arm with the hand holding the rifle which, (wait for it) pulls the rifle right. . . .</div></div>

But my bipod hop has always been to the left. And the shots where I measured it showed rotational acceleration coincident with bullet spin-up. No rotation with rearward movement from the firing pin's fall, but it started suddenly when the bullet started spinning.

That 10 to 30 inch pounds [edit: .308 win numbers; my .243 is less] has to go somewhere. If some other force is causing the rotation, then the torque from spin-up still has to be accounted for.

Scott

Frank,

I'll have to admit, I think your mellowing just a shade, from 6-7 years ago.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank,

I'll have to admit, I think your mellowing just a shade, from 6-7 years ago.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Hasn't he?

This is one of those threads where I miss NOBODY........I'm sure Larry'd have offered some entertaining musings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another to consider is body mechanics, the rifle recoils into the right shoulder, the right shoulder is connected to the right, which is connected to the right hand, which is holding the rifle on the right side....

When the rifle recoils, it pushes the shoulder backwards, pulling the arm with the hand holding the rifle which, (wait for it) pulls the rifle right.

Lots of stuff here and nothing to do with rotational torque values of the barrel. </div></div>

I am right hand shooter and I get left jump,,, Did you mean left jump ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is one of those threads where I miss NOBODY........I'm sure Larry'd have offered some entertaining musings.

</div></div>

Ya we'd be around, 15-20 pages by now.
grin.gif

No, I was explaining the video posted how or why the rifle could have dipped right like it does... one thing is hop, the other is the pull to the right as shown in the video, his bipod is not hopping but dipping right ever so slightly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is one of those threads where I miss NOBODY........I'm sure Larry'd have offered some entertaining musings.

</div></div>

Ya we'd be around, 15-20 pages by now.
grin.gif
</div></div>

And I'm sure there'd be hurt feelings somewhere
grin.gif

Scott, just what in the hell is your point? This site is about shooting, the poor guy who started this wanted to know what he was doing that made his bipod hop happen and how to fix it.

He doesn't need to know about all the crap you've been talking about, he needs to know how to employ the FOM in order to make his bullet hit the target.

Once more, the FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKSMANSHIP has MUCH more to do with hitting the target than the crap you've been saying cause rotational torque, and all the other stuff you've been posting.

Now you ask why anyone would use a Pod Lock, or tighten down any bipod at all. One of two things are going on here, one, you've never shot a rifle in your life from a bipod and have no clue what you're talking about and are way beyond any help from this site because you're so wound up in your school learning you can't comprehend what you've been told, or two, you're stringing us along with your crap just to see how long we'll put up with the BS you spout as proof of why a bipod will hop, which no one gives a damn about in the first place.

I don't know when the Bash will be, but a plane ticket from Reno Nevada to Corpus Christi Texas in November costs about $350, I'll pay that much for you to take up Frank's offer and come shoot the Bash, with the same rules that Frank posted. If you don't come in top ten you have to reimburse the money I send you. Hey, I need all the help I can get and if you can help me cut my groups in half by teaching me how to overcome bipod hop it'll be worth the price of admission.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't know when the Bash will be, but a plane ticket from Reno Nevada to Corpus Christi Texas in November costs about $350, I'll pay that much for you to take up Frank's offer and come shoot the Bash, with the same rules that Frank posted. If you don't come in top ten you have to reimburse the money I send you. Hey, I need all the help I can get and if you can help me cut my groups in half by teaching me how to overcome bipod hop it'll be worth the price of admission.
</div></div>

I'm not going to take up an offer by a host who intends to embarass me.

I never said I was a top marksman, so truly, what would the point be to show that others can outshoot me? I already know they'll outshoot me.

I never said you could cut your groups in half. In fact the entire lateral velocity I came up with was around 1 ft/s if I remember correctly.

And what is my point? My point is exactly what I said it was: that torque can cause bipod hop. It doesn't change anything you're saying, and it doesn't change anything Frank is saying about good form. If anything my testing proves that good form is necessary.

If you don't care why the bipod hops, then that is your prerogative.

Scott

Your going to need a file for that shovel, if you want to keep digging.

You don't understand or have a clue about the crowd, your playing to, do you?

Well, if no one here cares about my dynamics work, then I guess there really isn't a point to my wasting my time writing it up, is there?

Scott

BZ,
I haven't seen what you are trying to do, but there are many cameras for high speed applications.

Here is putting the butt of the gun into a person that shoots.

The bipod is kinda high, and there is no mass behind it.
Should rotate and not be accurate, right?

IMG_1811.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beezaur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, if no one here cares about my dynamics work, then I guess there really isn't a point to my wasting my time writing it up, is there?

Scott </div></div>

Dude,

You still don't get it! No one here really cares about all the technical, scientific reasons on why a rifle might move one way or the next. They only care on how to improve their shooting by employing the FOM to the best of their abilities. To learn that the way to keep the rifle recoiling straight backwards is to employ the FOM......is why we are here. That's what's important to me & what I really want to learn.

I'm a pistol guy....relatively new to rifles. When I teach new Officers in my Dept. to shoot pistols, they don't care what the scientific reasons are behind the gun recoiling off the target.......they only care that they learn the proper grip, stance, arm lock-out to shoot better. Once they realize that if they employ the good, sound fundamentals when shooting the pistol, they are happy with the results. Same here on this site. We want to improve our precision shooting, so I only care about employing the proper FOM......I don't really need to know small scientific data. It's counter-productive.

Well I wonder how many pages this topic is going to have. It sounds like it has been repeated over and over how you control the recoil off the bipod. If you are NOT sure then follow what is posted here about how to control and try it. Maybe you will understand more about what they are talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, I was explaining the video posted how or why the rifle could have dipped right like it does... one thing is hop, the other is the pull to the right as shown in the video, his bipod is not hopping but dipping right ever so slightly </div></div>

Ok I see now,I was there you where here...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wouldnt have been back either....I'd said..."shit..these folks are crazy!" and ran like hell. </div></div>

I think that is pretty common. I have refered a lot of people to this forum only to be told, "those guys are way over my head" or "I don't know enough to participate there" or "those guys are nuts."
laugh.gif

I tell them to just hang out and learn something, but, many just move on. Something about instant gratification, nobody wants to read and learn any more. They want to hop right in and are afraid that they will be made to look like a fool. They may, but at least they will have learned something.

And then they just call me a nerd.

eta: I can not believe this thead has this much legs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now for all you f***ing nay sayers, sign up for the online training, you owe Frank for the freebie! </div></div>
+1 best advice. I signed up after reading this. Very good stuff. Well worth it.