• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend a good plate carrier please

sable

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Texas
I need a plate carrier so I can attach mags to it for mag changes at the range. I plan on enrolling in some training classes and I need a way to have extra mags ready besides laying them on a shooting bench.

This is not for looking cool at the mall, so I want a really good one. Suggestions?

Re: Recommend a good plate carrier please

If you do not need armor for duty, then just get a lightweight chest rig that holds 4 mags or some Bladetech AR mag pouches for the belt to shoot courses. You want to focus on training, not be distracted on how hot and heavy your carrier is.

I've shot courses with mags stuffed in my pants pockets because that is probably how I would fight if I had to defend my home...if I was lucky enough to even have time to put on clothes. I have yet to find a carbine course that lets you shoot naked - the ultimate NSR
smile.gif

If you are not going to put hard plates or kevlar in it, I will suggest looking into a shest rig. Also, check the requirements of your class and see what they want you coming to the line with. Another point to answer for yourself is your ultimate use of the wepon system.
Regardless, I have never went wrong with Eagle.

Good luck

Chest rig! I didn't know what to call it.

An empty plate carrier wouldn't be a wise rig choice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you said plate carrier here.
http://www.triadtactical.com/Plate-Carrier-w-Cummerbund-MOLLE.html </div></div>

yes, that is the one you want. Best bang for the buck and really well made.

Eagle is what I was looking at, I just didn't know if that was a normal way to rig

For range work and the everyday stroll, here is what I got

http://www.camelbak.com/government-military/hydration-packs/delta-5-tactical-vest.aspx

I am 6`4" and slim, and with a heavy duty belt attached at the bottom and spending some time adjusting it properly I was able to achieve a rock solid fit that feels very comfortable fully loaded over time, even with just a tshirt underneath.
The mesh construction leaves a bit to desire when it comes to mounting things high on the chest, as this area can be a little "not-so-tight" and thereby a little flimsy, but everything else is gtg.
It has inner pockets, handy if you need to keep documents with your gear, they can stay in there.
The insulation in the back around the water reservoir makes it stiff enough to give a positive feel when wearing it.
Very solid zipper in the front, choose a good belt as well to take the majority of the strain if you go through the obstacle course...

Mine is loaded out like this, right side:
1x3x30rd HK/M4 pouch
1xknife sheath upside down behind mags
Drop leg holster (not ideal to attach this to belt in vest but its handier for my use)
1x small med pouch lower back/side

Left side:
2x3x30rd HK/M4 pouch
1 dump mag pouch on belt
1x3 pistol mag pouch lower back/side

I know the value/usefullness/"tacticoolity" of this item has been discussed but for range work I find it great and based on my own experiences recommendable, or at least worth looking into.
It goes on like any vest for hunting or fishing, for breaks, just crack the belt open and zip it down, no velcro and layer upon layer of stiff stuff to fight.
The design allows it to be stored hanging open on 2 nails from the D-rings, and to put it on just back into it and zip it up.

John - out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not for looking cool at the mall, so I want a really good one. Suggestions?</div></div>What is it for then Tyler, kitting up to shoot at a square range...patrolling the Toys R Us parking lot after hours?

27768615.png

Tyler...why don't you just nut up and join the military....or do you just want to play guns forever.

You could definitely use the experience to grow up some.

Just sayin.

I'm in the Navy bud.

I explained what it will be used for. I understand plate carrier isn't what I'm looking for, a chest rig of some type is. I don't understand why you insist on trolling all my posts doorkicker. I guess its not normal for 19 year olds around your area to practice too?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the Navy bud.

I explained what it will be used for. I understand plate carrier isn't what I'm looking for, a chest rig of some type is. I don't understand why you insist on trolling all my posts doorkicker. I guess its not normal for 19 year olds around your area to practice too? </div></div>

Hey BUD....

To do training you maybe need a couple of magpouches, not much more unless airsoft dress up dreams come into play.

This Guy is practicing, you may notice the complete lack of tactical chest carriers

Just Some UN Tactical Guy

okay, thats cool, so mag pouches on a belt? i dont know what the usual way to rig is, thats why i asked.

a simple chest rig with mag pouches would do the same thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee thanks mister </div></div>

With an attitude like that no wonder you started this thread so you could play dress up like a douchebag....

smokshwn, he sent me a PM because his feelings were getting hurt. I even tried to straighten him out...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The facebook screencaps are starting to get old dude.

What exactly is your problem with me, aside from asking a stupid question and being under 21? I realize you think I'm a stupid kid, but i cant figure out why you go to such great lengths to embarrass me and make me look stupid. It is true I have no combat or tactical training, but that makes you hate me?

Asking opinions on trading firearms for other firearms, or what company makes a nice product is really no reason for the way you continually act. Even the fact that I called what I was looking for a plate carrier instead of a chest rig is not really a big deal. So what is the reason for the constant flaming and shit talking?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the first signs of a troll on this forum....is when someone changes their screename, because they've made a fool of themselves. It's better to just nut-up and carry-on than to pretend not to have been "that guy".

What is my problem with you, you ask...
-This is a fantastic website full of quality information that gets brought down in quality with every single dipshit post created. Their is a good saying out there that goes something like this, "Big eyes, Big ears & small mouth"...what that means is, read more/post less...because the bottom line is, you have virtually nothing of substance to offer this community that has a whole lot to offer you...so spend more time listening (reading) and less time talking (posting). Legit questions are great, but stupid ones beget stupid responses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is true I have no combat or tactical training, but that makes you hate me?</div></div>Absolutely not, combat/tactical training have nothing to do with anything...and I actually don't hate you believe it or not, I am what you call indifferent.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the Navy bud.
I explained what it will be used for....</div></div>Shit like the above, is why I am a dick. You haven't earned the right to be pompous to anyone on here. You are younger than probably 99% of the members here, most of which have served their countries and contributed some substance to this forum.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I realize you think I'm a stupid kid</div></div>Actually I don't think you are a stupid kid...I figure you are at least 18yrs old and more of a stupid young adult.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Asking opinions on trading firearms for other firearms, or what company makes a nice product is really no reason for the way you continually act. Even the fact that I called what I was looking for a plate carrier instead of a chest rig is not really a big deal. So what is the reason for the constant flaming and shit talking?</div></div>It's the people that post stupid shit without doing any research on their own is what's a joke to me. Too lazy to do any leg-work on your own and google search, read up on gear forums what people are using? Their are probably very few questions you could ask that haven't been asked already...and if you can't find the answer...by all means make a post and ask, just use common sense (which has eluded you before).

I enjoyed your post telling everyone that you could buy a suppressor...but little do you know that you have FBI, ATF, DEA and half a dozen other Federal Agents reading your post saying to themselves, "what an idiot". I even posted the ATF's NFA handbook stating the law and you shrugged it off. The difference between YOU and a lot of people on this site, is you think you know...and a lot of people on here actually do know.

1. Read more post less
2. If you don't find what you are looking for on this site...check other sites too
3. Don't ask stupid shit...it never ends well
4. Remember that as far as information goes...you need this website's collective knowledge more than it needs yours.

Alright, I'm done typing...I'll try to ease up on you a bit, but I really am a dick in real life too
grin.gif

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Stating that I'm in the Navy was a response to a comment about "nutting up" and joining the military.

Half my life has been spent dreaming and preparing to be in the Navy. I wasn't being pompous. I've "nutted up" in my mind, and I've passed the pst and received a rescue swimmer contract.

I changed my username because my real full name as a forum username wasn't working. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So basically, you failed to get any of the substance of my above post it would appear.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No I get all of it.

Ill stop posting and read. All I'm asking you to do is stop posting the facebook screencaps trying to embarrass me. I own several handguns despite my age, there's no need to try to embarrass me in the handgun forum or any other place. </div></div>

...and that's all she wrote there...

Damn you fellas just never stop.

doorkicker is an asshole.

but a very comical asshole....who knows his shit.

Rtgfi

There are guys on here, DK being one of them who can be a very solid resource should you want to act like an adult and shut your mouth and open your ears.

Your attitude can just as easily make those resources your liabilities.

In short, grow up, and quit being a little bitch.

Leave the kid alone. If you don't like him or his questions don't answer; or is it that you can't keep away from young boys...seems you're develpoing a weird perverted obession with the kid.

Treat him like an adult and he might turn into a better one that much quicker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leave the kid alone. If you don't like him or his questions don't answer; or is it that you can't keep away from young boys...seems you're develpoing a weird perverted obession with the kid.

Treat him like an adult and he might turn into a better one that much quicker. </div></div>

Maybe you need to pay attention. A very solid attempt was made to treat him like an adult, to which he replied with childlike behavior. Very similar to those who jump in threads spout an opinion without knowing whats going on. As would be expected, appropriate treatment ensued.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the Navy bud.

I explained what it will be used for. I understand plate carrier isn't what I'm looking for, a chest rig of some type is. I don't understand why you insist on trolling all my posts doorkicker. I guess its not normal for 19 year olds around your area to practice too? </div></div>

Hey BUD....

To do training you maybe need a couple of magpouches, not much more unless airsoft dress up dreams come into play.

This Guy is practicing, you may notice the complete lack of tactical chest carriers

Just Some UN Tactical Guy </div></div>

I seen a guy with a vest on... didn't you, or perhaps you are too busy playing the role of asshole.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tuckner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the Navy bud.

Hey BUD....

Just Some UN Tactical Guy </div></div>

I seen a guy with a vest on... didn't you, or perhaps you are too busy playing the role of asshole. </div></div>

Was that what I was doing....I thought I was showing a video of one of the most well respected instructors in the game running drills with nothing more than a couple of mags on his belt. Which is all you need to gain what is offered from training.

Seeing as you looked at this thread to find the niftiest plate carrier for your own airsoft kit, you wouldn't understand the guy in the vest is a student in the class who who has real life responsibilities to perform while wearing a vest...thus the need to train with gear he will be using in an operational capacity....he didn't pick the vest to just carry his mags, hang a camelbak from, or look cool while posting videos on the web.

Good try at being the counter asshole though
wink.gif

IMPRESSIVE VIDEO. Just grab 2 belt mags and maybe add a redi-mag system, (do they make one for air-soft?) and have a blast.

Damn I knew this was worth reading when I saw:

"Recommend" and "plate carrier" in the title....always a recipe for laughter. Thanks to the OP and doorkicker for not disappointing me.

I kept seeing "Recommend a good plate carrier" in the Equipment forums, and passed it over. I only carry plates from my table to the sink, then to the cupboard.
Since it's been at the top of the list several times over the last few days, I finally broke-down and read it.

Thank you, all, for the entertainment! I really need it this morning.
Oh, Doorkicker, you really are a very patient soul to have responded to his PMs the way you did. However, I don't think you're quite cut-out to act as his mentor (sensitivity issues). Thanks for being a part of such a loving community.
smile.gif