• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Recommend a gunsmith in SE PA?

CobraBG

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in SE PA to check and true the action on my Rem 700 SPS AAC-SD as well as install a brake? I am near Reading midway between Philadelphia and Harrisburg. I would like to find an excellent gunsmith that I can visit and drop off the rifle instead of sending it somewhere farther away. Thanks in advance.

Recommend a gunsmith in SE PA?

Willing to drive to Brodheadsville or Danville? My smith is in Brodheadsville but montour rifles is accepting new work he is nothing short of awesome mcrifles.com. My full build will be going there for sure.

There's a couple from PA listed here (what part of PA...?). All of them do top notch benchrest builds.

Top Gunsmiths within AccurateShooter.com

A couple here too (mostly the same ones).

Links You Can't Live Without

Eric Springman-
Springman Rifles 2260 Pikes Peak Rd Allenwood, PA 17810 Phone: 570-547-1905
(a google search will show 1000 yard records/match wins his rifles have set.) He posts on
Accurate shooter as "ESpringman"

-Rick

Last edited:
Bob Green. it's worth the drive to york. pretty good turn around time and usually done in the time frame he gives you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies so far. I am really hoping to find someone that I can get to easily. I often travel to the York area so I may check out Bob Green. He was also listed in the link offered by Switchbarrel. Can anyone else offer some opinions?

If he's close, I'd give him a call to set up a time to meet. Once at his shop, ask to see some of his work & see what he's all about!!

Have used bob green great guy. Also used Eric Springman. I have reserves about Hammond. If you want them PM me...