• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red Jacket

Re: Red Jacket .458 socom

I like the show for some of the builds but there is to much drama. BTW

This is Vinces new shop

From whats I've read on the net, Will lost his FFL because he lost 10 AK's and couldn't find them during a ATF inspection. The whole show was running under Vinces FFL. I bet since he left in OCT-NOV of LAST year there probly won't be another season.

TMZ news report

Update:

"TMZ has learned Vincent Buckles has since left the company -- and two other licensed people are currently in charge of the business."

Maybe there will be another train-wreck seasons to look forward too?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... there probly won't be another season.</div></div>

oh+noes+face.jpg

BTW, I had the chick from this show model that picture for me before they 'fixed' her chiclets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... there probly won't be another season.</div></div>

oh+noes+face.jpg

BTW, I had the chick from this show model that picture for me before they 'fixed' her chiclets. </div></div>

Twice in one week I've spit my drink out thanks to this thread....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lockdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Twice in one week I've spit my drink out thanks to this thread.... </div></div>

Haha!

Moral: Don't drink and peruse this thread unless you hate your monitor/keyboard/smartphone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the show for some of the builds but there is to much drama. BTW

This is Vinces new shop </div></div>

I don't have anything against Vince and Flem. I clicked on "Vince's new shop" and this is all I could find.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our Story

Mesa Kinetic Research LLC was founded in November of 2011 by Vincent Buckles in Gonzales, LA. Looking to bring a new dynamic and outlook to firearm design and applications, Buckles along with Jake Guidry began by searching for videos, articles, and publications that were clearly stating false information regarding ballistics research or firearm applications. The lack of good scientifically tested or combat proven data was shocking. This inspired the two to begin their own research and development firm that would provide straight forward and honest data to those serving in uniform as well as law abiding civilians who want to make an educated purchase of a home or personal defense weapon. The concept does not stop at mere testing and evaluation. Buckles has spent his entire adult life as a trained gunsmith and prototype builder, responsible for the fabrication of many prototype weapons systems, some of which have been featured on television. Guidry is an LSU graduate with a background in engineering, business management, and computer design, as well as a skilled tactical weapons armorer. Mesa Kinetic Research is currently working on the improvement of several current weapon systems, and in the beginning stages of engineering new platforms. The goal of this company is to keep the good guys alive through the proper application of scientific testing and attention to detail. Mesa Kinetic Research LLC supports LE agencies, the US military, law abiding citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States of America. All federal laws and BATFE regulations apply at all times. </div></div>

It says he is "a trained gunsmith and prototype builder, responsible for the fabrication of many prototype weapons systems, some of which have been featured on television."

Were ANY of the weapons they built for TV actual prototypes?

epic thread hahahaha still laughing, the helmet pic is the best and the jeep wiener mobile a close second lmao. i think those people should all be sterilized as not to infect the general population with any more of their kind lol

Re: Red Jacket

I enjoy the show for the entertainment value but not the technical value. Haven't seen much tech value though.

My favorite build was the ballistic knife. Will actually expected he could hand hold a squib fired, powder charged, knife launcher. It was great when it did what most people would have expected and both pieces blew right out of his hand.

I fully expect someone from RJ to receive their own Darwin award.

Holy shit guys, I had totally forgot about both of those changers of game. Thanks, might inspire some more RJF masterpieces

My wife was watching the Golden Globe commie awards last night so, I went into my office and watched some of the SOG repeats, yes I tend to dabble in hypocrisy from time to time, and the show was when they got the call from the nuclear plants in the west to design a "game changer" rifle that will be reliable in the desert sand, talcum powder to be exact?

Have we not just went through a billion rounds of ammo in the desert? Do the shows producers actually think the public is that dumb? As they say on ESPN: "Come On Man"

As much as I hate to admit this, and maybe it has already been mentioned in the comics above, I know someone who has a friend "Inside the Will Circle" and they say the girl and the moron Kris have been married for a while, so yes this is a bunch of bullshit and drama....

Watching these guys trying to assemble an AR is like watching monkeys hump a football.

I think thats hilarious that the shop wasnt even working under Wills FFL, that in its self is an embarrassment. Not to mention that they treat him like the firearm god and hes not even licensed LOL.

well Vince gone Flem gone from what i read or am i mistaken? if so will can get a job at American Guns and the'll only waist 1 hr of discovery's time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cfl Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think thats hilarious that the shop wasnt even working under Wills FFL, that in its self is an embarrassment. Not to mention that they treat him like the firearm god and hes not even licensed LOL. </div></div>

Which leads to another reason that I got pissed off, he said to one of the monkeys: What Would Jesus Do? Talk about a major blasphemy statement. Who in the hell does guy think he is?

I think he is the biggest dumbass I have ever seen.

Fuck me running. I just spent 2 hours reading all 10 pages of this post. Well, an hour and 40 minutes reading, 20 mins cleaning chew off the keyboard and screen.

I have never installed a piston conversion into an ar15. How truly hard is it? I kept thinking that he had the gas adjustment cut off but without being able to look at it who knows. Also Why did it take over a day to put an AR together. Top to bottom maybe an hour and a half if you take a break.

It takes this long. 5 minutes if you don't have to explain everything on video. I know a guy who's record for putting together and entire ar-15 is just over 3 minutes. Its really not that hard. I'm surprise they even have the right vice blocks on the bench.

[video:yahoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bxj3owm72I[/video]

Is it just me or did anyone else get a kick out of when they were using the "highly dangerous bullet puller" so they could reduce loads for the Arisaka.

I find it funny that even though we are trashing the show, we're helping to keep it on the air (by watching it/ upping the ratings just to make fun of it)

I heard red jacket is at SHOT 2012 and they have the longest line there. Aparrently it's, Will, the daughter, Kris and Joe. Also heard the american gun d bag is there but no wife or daughter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...if so, Will can get a job at American Guns and the'll only waist 1 hr of discovery's time </div></div>

That's awesome!!

The freak show at the circus usually draws a long line too. Doesn't mean I want them doing my taxes.

I could honestly care less about how shitty the show is to us... As long as people who have no clue what a gun is or how it works, watches this show and gets them to appreciate guns a little more, or even go buy a gun, Id say thats a win for legal gun owners and a turd in the face for the anti's......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In da weeds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could honestly care less about how shitty the show is to us... As long as people who have no clue what a gun is or how it works, watches this show and gets them to appreciate guns a little more, or even go buy a gun, Id say thats a win for legal gun owners and a turd in the face for the anti's...... </div></div>

I think it hurts the cause more than it helps. The anti's watch this show and it adds credibility to all of their reasoning since these toothless yocals gallivant around the bayou like a bunch of idiots who own the place and do all the destructive and stupid things the anti's fear in the first place and give their argument teeth. I pride myself in being NOTHING like the characters on that show.

Sons of Guns does about the same for gun awareness as Sex in the City does for STD awareness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sons of Guns does about the same for gun awareness as Sex in the City does for STD awareness. </div></div>

sig worth

Holy shit did I call it last week or what? Told you dumbass had a variable piston that he didn't know shit about.

J<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grizzdude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard red jacket is at SHOT 2012 and they have the longest line there. Aparrently it's, Will, the daughter, Kris and Joe. Also heard the american gun d bag is there but no wife or daughter. </div></div>

I saw the American Guns daughter there yesterday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sako.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sons of Guns does about the same for gun awareness as Sex in the City does for STD awareness. </div></div>

sig worth </div></div>

aHaha... you have my permission. Looks awesome!

Why does that picture remind me of the movie, "The Christmas Story"

"you'll shoot your eye out"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man they are really throwing vince under the bus. </div></div>

Which is freakin incredible since the shop was open under his FFL, thats horrible.

I saw the re-run today of when he got his old winchester re-polished/painted/restored (whatever you call it) and hes packing it up at the shop and Will gets fussy about it. I was like wtf? Will, I want to see you do better job, next, shut the f@$k up because he has to do it at a gun shop anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why does that picture remind me of the movie, "The Christmas Story"

"you'll shoot your eye out" </div></div>

6552410863_278cf1a324_z.jpg

A guy at work was telling me all about thi show he watches and the cool shit they do with guns. I asked him the name, and of course he answers "Red Jacket". I let him go on and on about these cool ass weapons they build and then informed him the show was retarded and the people on it are hack jobs. Then I turned around and walked out of the shop....

Is anything they are doing on the show illegal? It may look like it, but from myuderstanding, they have legitamite licenses and are on private property.
Besides your not thinking fourth dimensionally... The antis will be anti even if you saved them by shooting the trigger finger off a criminal about to kill them.. But for the rest of the worth in the nuetral area, not sure about what guns are about, see this and say "Hell yea I wanna blow up a car with on shot from my AR!" The gun industry grows, whether or not you like, in part to dumbass shows like thhis and cthe clueless people who watch it.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In da weeds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could honestly care less about how shitty the show is to us... As long as people who have no clue what a gun is or how it works, watches this show and gets them to appreciate guns a little more, or even go buy a gun, Id say thats a win for legal gun owners and a turd in the face for the anti's...... </div></div>

I think it hurts the cause more than it helps. The anti's watch this show and it adds credibility to all of their reasoning since these toothless yocals gallivant around the bayou like a bunch of idiots who own the place and do all the destructive and stupid things the anti's fear in the first place and give their argument teeth. I pride myself in being NOTHING like the characters on that show.

Sons of Guns does about the same for gun awareness as Sex in the City does for STD awareness.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: soapboxpreacher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"O" Face!!

Sons-Of-Guns-Stephanie-Hayden-Derp.jpg

This post couldnt be anymore entertaining!! LOL! </div></div>

Looks familiar HUH The drama the show creates, makes that rifle dynamics place look pretty incompetent, they don't have an extra spring laying around. Its like a train wreck, you just can't turn away to see WTF they do next.

600full-the-goonies-photo.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In da weeds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Besides your not thinking fourth dimensionally... The antis will be anti even if you saved them by shooting the trigger finger off a criminal about to kill them.. But for the rest of the worth in the nuetral area, not sure about what guns are about, see this and say "Hell yea I wanna blow up a car with on shot from my AR!" The gun industry grows, whether or not you like, in part to dumbass shows like thhis and cthe clueless people who watch it.</div></div> [/quote]

See the problem with that though is, when you get those people that will buy guns because they think they can blow up their car with one bullet; if your dumb enough to think that, just imagine what they will do with their gun, wether its on accident or on purpose. Then when something happens the anti gun people/most of the government are going to be all over it and use that as a reason for banning guns. Although the more people with guns the better; because of the world we live in, you dont want those people to be stupid. You dont want a few stupid people make it illegal to have guns (really anybody that thinks guns should be illegal or more "restricted" is stupid) for the rest of us. This is just one of the problems with that.

My favorite gun of all time: The "Ladies" AK

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.p...rt&Itemid=4

Because slapping on an adjustable butt stock, vertical hand grip, and painting it pretty colors makes it any better for a woman? Also I love how they specify "low recoil." Unless they make it a .22 or weld some lead blocks onto it, that gun is kicking just like any other AK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's tough for me to wrap my head around a $1,500 AK.

Wow.

</div></div>

I wonder if it's actually any good, it is chambered in the .308, not the 7.62x39

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spaceman_Spiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite gun of all time: The "Ladies" AK

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.p...rt&Itemid=4

Because slapping on an adjustable butt stock, vertical hand grip, and painting it pretty colors makes it any better for a woman? Also I love how they specify "low recoil." Unless they make it a .22 or weld some lead blocks onto it, that gun is kicking just like any other AK. </div></div>

Actually I think its an AKS, so it shoots the 5.45x39mm. So I think thats what they mean by "low recoil AK". So its just going to have little less recoil than the 7.62x39.

Here's what I don't get. Before Vince quits, he test fires the piston AR and it works fine. Shows up in Vegas and it doesn't shoot, it has the "wrong buffer". Somone had to change it out to make some drama. Like previously stated, it's like a train wreck, you shouln't watch, but you do.

Now that Red Jacket is in the "upper echelons" of defense contractors;

I wonder if PM Soldier Weapons is going to cancel the dual track program (Replacement of M4 and PIP of current M4) that has been going on for almost a year...

Really, those Red Jacket guys are f-ing amazing!! To trump the entire industry with their revolutionary piston driven AR assembled by the human equivalent of a pet circus monkey.

I suppose when PM Soldier Weapons announces they are going with Red Jacket for the M4 replacement and shutting down the dual-track program the proverbial crap will hit the fan... See, all these other guys, Colt, HK, FN, Remington, etc have a bus load each of six figure lobbyist they have been paying ( I have a list for anyone interested). Think about it, millions of dollars in lobbying trumped be the assclown contingent from East baton Rouge… What a great country, shows anything is possible.

Of course, the great news here are the things we can now look forward to in future episodes of Sons of Guns... Such as; where they get to meet the folks from DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency) who will be camped out there performing process and quality audits and rectal exams for the staff. And the next episode where they have to upgrade their “cutting edge” shop to comply with ISO 9000/2008 standards. And then I'm really looking forward to the episode where Will tries to get a check out of DFAS (Defense Finance and Accounting Service), that will be epic!!

Of course the real question I have is when do you cross the line in committing fraud? Clearly, if you have a TV show, which is solely for entertainment and is fiction, or, is a quasi-reality show has a disclaimer at the beginning like Man vs. Wild saying the scenes are often set up… But what if you are using a so called reality show to actually sell products? Isn’t that what they are doing? Does anybody really believe DOE, let alone DoD is going to go with those guys for anything? Scratch that, I guess a lot of people actually do… Most live in singlewide’s and are missing a quite a few teeth and now instead of having a down payment for a double wide or desperately needed dental work they will buy a new piston driven AR.

Then of course there is all the things they blow clean to hell each episode, not the least of which is the image and reputation of gun shops, gun owners, law enforcement officers (who get duped to be on the show) and now even Ted Nugent.

Just my thoughts on the subject.