• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Redding Customer Service BIG Disappointment !

IRISHCYCLONE

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2010
Upstate Ny 13480
Just an FYI: Just got off the phone phone with Redding customer service sent in a Br 3 powder measure as the thumb wheel broke off. They called me today and said it wasn't covered under warranty and wanted 60 some odd dollars to fix it. The guy A.J. told me it was severely neglected!!!! , and he could not for liability reasons send it back to me. I load and shoot over 3,000 rounds a year and I DO NOT NEGLECT my guns or my reloading gear. So I finally said whatever and went to give him my credit card info and lo and behold they don't take credit cards have to mail them a check so I said he could shove the powder measure up his @$$ and no longer would I purchase another thing Redding.

Re: Redding Customer Service BIG Disappointment !

That's a very big surprise to hear, I've never been anything but pleased after my phone calls with Redding. I'd call back and ask to speak to someone else.

+1. And try to be a little nicer! You get more with honey than you do with vinegar. Trust me, a little frustration talking over a phone is ok, but you being an ass gets you no where.

I think you two missed the point. The service guy is holding the measure hostage unless he pays the 60 bucks. So he already bought it for I am guessing $120 and they want half the price of the measure to fix it. Or go buy a brand new $120 measure somewhere else.

And I am pretty sure all reloading stuff comes with a "we are not liable for you blowing off your fingers" so if he is not going to warranty it he should "buy" the broken measure from him. Because without a doubt they are going to fix it then sale it as a blemish.

Kinda like taking a broken rifle to a shop where you purchased it and them refusing to return it to you when you shoot down thier quote to repair it & them refusing to give you back the rifle for "liability" reasons.....BS!

I'd take the issue to a higher authority at Redding!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a very big surprise to hear, I've never been anything but pleased after my phone calls with Redding. I'd call back and ask to speak to someone else.</div></div>

X2

I am suprised, Redding CS is top notch IMO. I would call and speak to some else as well.
RTH

Whomever you talked to is a chode. Call back and talk to someone else. That's just not like Redding!

Who doesn't take CCs these days?

Nice attitude. I got broken parts by email from them even after telling them I bent the expander stem because there was corn cob media stuck in the case. Would that have been a $285 BR-30?

I got some dies from midway a while back that were brand new, but they were missing the spring and sleeve. I got ahold of redding and they got back to me the same day. Sent them a couple photos and I had my parts within the week. They were great to deal with even though it may not entirely be their fault I didnt recieve a complete product.

BUT I do not like that they are basically keeping your measure... Not good. Definitely try to talk to someone else about it.

good luck

Never broke anything Redding, so I can't really comment on their CS.

Good stuff, Redding.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broken_Reticle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you two missed the point. The service guy is holding the measure hostage unless he pays the 60 bucks. So he already bought it for I am guessing $120 and they want half the price of the measure to fix it. Or go buy a brand new $120 measure somewhere else.

And I am pretty sure all reloading stuff comes with a "we are not liable for you blowing off your fingers" so if he is not going to warranty it he should "buy" the broken measure from him. Because without a doubt they are going to fix it then sale it as a blemish.

</div></div>

+1 That is some BULL*%^$ !! I would make one more call also, the no CC thing is more BULL--

I just emailed Redding through their website because I couldn't find a replacement decapper assembly for my Type S 308 neck sizer. I got an email back 2 days later from a vice president of the company that said they would send me one free. They said they don't take credit cards when I offered to pay.
I haven't received the decapper assembly yet, but it was less than a week ago and I have no reason to doubt they are sending it.
Overall excellent customer service with just an email asking where I could BUY a replacement decapper assembly.
No complaints here.
madd0c

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found the problem.

"Upstate Ny 13480 "

Center of the douche bag universe . </div></div>

Why, cause upstate NY is all concrete, glass, and drive by's?

Or is it because upstate is unfortunate enough to be included with NYC within a state border?

Got a few good friends and some family up there, so I've a vested interest in your BS assessment.

Actually Redding is in Cortland which is 13045.......

Cortland is in the heart of some the best hunting and fishing found anywhere. An easy drive to the Catskills, Adirondacks, the Finger Lakes, or the northern most reaches of the Appalachians. Folks in upstate are mostly rural folk, lots of farming, and not even close to city slicker.

Hard working, not a lot of money, sick of being ruled by shitty government, etc.

On aside, I'm betting I could wrap my fingers around the throats of more than a few douchbags in Wyoming too........

Your 8th post is a bitch about Redding? Redding CS is top-notch and so are there products. Betcha there is another side to this story.

WOW, I am shocked also. I am hard on dies, and redding is by far the best. I called and told them I stripped out some set screws, not only did they send me one, but they sent me 3 of each size and a free sample of imperial sizing wax.

Either we are not hearing the entire story, some facts are left out, or the guy at redding needs his ass handed to him. Either way, call back, if that don't work, call back again and again. They will get tired of hearing the phone ring and give into you one way or another.

If you a member of THE HIGH ROAD, make a post over there, I believe Jim Redding is a member and is on there from time to time.

I just bought a new T-7 Press. I had the side link on the right side gall to the lower link (the cast piece the handle goes into). I believe the link pin was possibly overtightened from the factory causing the galling. Anyhow they would not replace the parts under warranty and said the damage was self inflicted and was only cosmetic. They do not take credit cards as stated above. Going to run 63.50 to get the parts I need. Got a money order to send as I figured if I mail them a check they will wait until it clears and take longer..

"..the link pin was possibly overtightened from the factory causing the galling... said the damage was self inflicted..."

Maybe it was actually caused by a lack of oil on the joints? That's the common cause of galling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fuzzball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"..the link pin was possibly overtightened from the factory causing the galling... said the damage was self inflicted..."

Maybe it was actually caused by a lack of oil on the joints? That's the common cause of galling. </div></div>

Yep your right. The instructions that come with Redding presses also say their presses come lubed from the factory and ready to use. Yes, I should have double checked and lubed it myself.

They have lost some good people like Pat Ryan and a few other people, too. They are not set up to be a retail outlet, so I can understand not processing CC. But, I would suggest that you contact Robib Sharpless the EVP at Redding. He should make things right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night poacher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your 8th post is a bitch about Redding? Redding CS is top-notch and so are there products. Betcha there is another side to this story. </div></div>

oh, because his post count is low it can't be true now can it?

How about this: TWO (2) redding 308 competition seaters had their stem's crack before reaching the 1000 rnd mark. They said I was using compressed loads. 44gr of varget in a win case? get dicked.

I started buying forster dies right then and there. Best decision I've ever made. I bet I've got 2000+rnds on my forster 308 ultra micrometer seater and it doesn't give a shit if I run compressed or not. ...it just works. Hell of a lot cheaper as well.

Redding can suck my testicles. Discount his story if you want... but I believe him because I had a very similar experience. They are a victim of their own success I think. They got big, and now the "one" customer doesn't mean shit.

I bent a decapping assembly in a .270 Winchester die. I was told I would have to pay for the assembly, since I bent it. The replacement price was what I could buy a new RCBS die. Told them to forget it, I would just buy RCBS as they have lifetime no BS warranty on their stuff. Then the lady said "Oh, you mean the threaded rod bent..........sure we'll send you one of those" I've had to buy 6BR dies since but nothing else. Like their stuff but one CS dealing left a sour taste in my mouth.

that has been my experience with redding, im not at all surprised that happened to you.

You can really feret out the assholes in a crowd with a CS thread.......

You couldn't possibly pay me enough to sit on a phone all day listening to about how nothing in their life is ever their fault.

A.) Mechanical shit breaks once in a while, B.) mechanical shit is never always made perfect 100% of the time, and c.) there's never a shortage of Stupid Peeple that seem to have a lot of difficulty using mechanical shit the way it's supposed to be.

A few anonymous sharks with tacticool screen names circling the boat on a website doesn't make Redding crap gear....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few anonymous sharks with tacticool screen names circling the boat on a website doesn't make Redding crap gear.... </div></div>

... and a few fanboys basically saying anyone that has a problem with redding is an idiot doesn't make redding magically good either.

Please tell me how I'm misusing my gear. 2 redding seater stems crack in 2 separate dies before they hit 1000rnds on a 44gr load of varget with 175SMK's and virgin win cases. My forster die doesn't seem to be having any problems. You think the seater die cracking is an isolated incident? It isn't.

This problem with redding CS has been coming up with increasing frequency. Keep your head in the sand if you want. Doesn't change what is.

Maybe you're legit....

Maybe you're a 12 year old that never had his old man kick his ass for being a stupid fuck.

Hard to tell at this point.....

My humble experience, "fan boy" as you put it, is having never needed Redding CS for the rather impressive pile of Redding gear on my bench, aquired over a rather impressive period of time.

YMMV....obviously.

But if you've never needed their customer service how do you know it isn't horrible?

Well hell tripwire... being you've never had a problem... no one else could have.

... and I must agree... pretty tough to know about their customer service when you admit to never using it.

I have a T-7 and competition seaters ... when ever I had a problem they took care of it ... cant speak to CC as I never purchased directly from them ... usually Midway or someother place. The CS has always been nice... I dont think they can hold your property, unless they are willing comp you. They may ask you to sign a paper saying that you take full responsiblity .... but thats it ... they can not hold your property. Ask to talk to a manager or someone else in charge. The CS person may just have had a bad day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Penguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well hell tripwire... being you've never had a problem... no one else could have.

... and I must agree... pretty tough to know about their customer service when you admit to never using it. </div></div>

You should consider it a compliment that I applied the very same logic to my argument that you are using....

That you had a problem or two it must be that everyone else is......

Quite telling indeed, that you miss the significance of tesitimony that states Redding has never failed for someone.

Having good CS rates well for a company, but having satisfied customers who never have a problem is a much higher accomplishment.

I've used other CS before for other things so I got a pretty good idea how to do it; Zeiss (Conquest 10X bins replaced free of charge), Leupold (busted scope repaired free of charge), RCBS (parts needing replaced free of charge), Thompson Center (muzzleloader replaced free of charge), Ruger (replacement scope ring screws free of charge)....and always found not being a dickhead from the git go paid dividends in the end.

Too many pussies with zero people skills pitching bitches on the 'net trying, in their little minds, to "get even", IMO.

But hey, it's your Life, you gotta live with it........

IBTL
grin.gif

Cinch - what's a chode?

Interesting thread. My experience with Redding equipment is 100% positive but I've never had to deal with their customer service.

I have had both good and bad experiences with RCBS CS and only bad experdience with Hornady CS and only good experience with Lee CS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1. And try to be a little nicer! You get more with honey than you do with vinegar. Trust me, a little frustration talking over a phone is ok, but you being an ass gets you no where. </div></div>
+1 "Green is good" ask to talk with another person.
They have great CS usually.

When did Pat Ryan leave and where or who is he working for now?

I have always bought all my custom Redding dies thru Pat and he was awesome to work with. Everything was always exactly like he said.

Pat left last fall, and he now sells farm equipment closer to his home. And, some of the office staff has left, too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found the problem.

"Upstate Ny 13480 "

Center of the douche bag universe . </div></div>

Why, cause upstate NY is all concrete, glass, and drive by's?

Or is it because upstate is unfortunate enough to be included with NYC within a state border?

Got a few good friends and some family up there, so I've a vested interest in your BS assessment.

Actually Redding is in Cortland which is 13045.......

Cortland is in the heart of some the best hunting and fishing found anywhere. An easy drive to the Catskills, Adirondacks, the Finger Lakes, or the northern most reaches of the Appalachians. Folks in upstate are mostly rural folk, lots of farming, and not even close to city slicker.

Hard working, not a lot of money, sick of being ruled by shitty government, etc.

On aside, I'm betting I could wrap my fingers around the throats of more than a few douchbags in Wyoming too........ </div></div>

Well OK , I suggest " The Location " bar in LaBarge WY.about 7 pm on payday . Please let me know when you will be there .

The OP was a douche from jump street , plain and simple , hence the comment .

i emailed redding CS w/2 questions i had regarding their dies. this was 2 months ago and still haven't heard back. coulda gone into their spam filter i guess, but they DO have an email addy to their CS dept. win some lose some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plinker625</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pat left last fall, and he now sells farm equipment closer to his home. And, some of the office staff has left, too.

</div></div>

To bad Pat left...seemed like he'd been there forever and his CS was among the best. Always had good dealings with them, hope this is not the first rumblings of a great company going down hill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well OK , I suggest " The Location " bar in LaBarge WY.about 7 pm on payday . Please let me know when you will be there .

</div></div>

Too funny.......

What timing! I called them last week, twice. The guy I talked to (didn't catch name) seemed to be in a big hurry both times, but he did answer my questions and was courteous about it.

First time I called, tech support had left for the day. I talked with "the boss". Second call, I asked for "the boss".

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say I called Redding twice in the last week and spoke to AJ both times. The guy does not seem to know what he is talking about. I called to ask him about getting a small base die for my .308 since I am loading for a semi. He told me that small base dies should never be used for semis. Even though old time reloading guys said that a small base die would resolve my issue.

I normally get good service when I call Redding, but I'm not too happy with this AJ guy.

I still use a Redding powder scale that is about 45 years old.

My two Redding T-7 presses work.

On the advice of Redding customer service a few years ago I trimmed the base of my Redding 45/70 seating die so I could seat 522 grain cast bullets that i use in my BPCR.

I haven't had to deal with their CS, yet.

But either way, if you send something in and they won't replace it or the replacement cost isn't to your liking, that's your choice.

If they hold the item hostage and won't return it to you unless you pay them to fix it - that's total bullshit if true. Sounds like something some chickenshit car dealership would do.

I would make another phone call and speak to someone else. I always do this no matter where I call and the outcome isn't to my liking. You would be amazed at how many useless fuckers there are that tell you they can't do shit and 1 phone call later you speak to someone that fixes your problem in 2 minutes.

Any one else cracked Redding 338 Lapua Body or FL dies ?

They don't want to know about it & blame the rifle manufacturers for oversized chambers ???

I thought that that was what dies were supposed to do ??

The last cracked/broke on the first case ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xr650rRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bent a decapping assembly in a .270 Winchester die. I was told I would have to pay for the assembly, since I bent it. The replacement price was what I could buy a new RCBS die. Told them to forget it, I would just buy RCBS as they have lifetime no BS warranty on their stuff. Then the lady said "Oh, you mean the threaded rod bent..........sure we'll send you one of those" I've had to buy 6BR dies since but nothing else. Like their stuff but one CS dealing left a sour taste in my mouth. </div></div>

You mentioned RCBS. I sent a RockChuck JR that had the handle break out of the casting. It was about thirty years old when it broke. I sent it in and forgot it thinking they would tell me send money. Then never called. A few weeks later a new one arrived with "Thanks for the business." Also I ordered some custom dies from them. The CC worked jsut fine.

Redding could take a lesson.

I talked with Redding several times and the experience couldn't have been better.