• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Redfield LE12 - Need some info

Hooch51

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Pelham, Al
I have just ran into a Redfield LE-12. Can anyone tell me a liitle bit more about it ?? Time frame it was made, price, dependablility.. This thing is like new..

Re: Redfield LE12 - Need some info

I believe redfield marketed it in 1995. It was meant to be a cheaper alternative to loopys 3.5-10 X 50 mil dot or the military 10X fixed mil dot.

Alot of police agencies were slow to jump into the mildot arena (partly due to costs) and redfield came out with 30mm tube and 56mm objective for low light police sniper conditions (this was before Lightforce jumped the market with Nightforce scopes). The magnification set at 7.5 power will let in the most light to your eye in lowlight conditions.

The reticle design was meant for police- the scope is 3-12X56 and the center reticle is designed to circle the medulla area of a face as it is 2.5 inch circle at 100 yds and the smaller circle under it will give you 2 1/2 inch circle at 200 yard without having to dial.

The clicks are 1/4 moa and have caps over them but are fully waterproof so it was similar to loopy knobs but with caps as an extra protection. I don't know when they stopped making them- I believe it was only a few years they tried to sell but then stopped. As far as dependability, I used mine for over ten years and only switched a couple years ago to loopy for the 25X power for 1K comps. I could crank the knobs of the redfield all over the place doing tactical comps and practice and never had a problem with zero return.

I bought the redfield LE12 in 1996 at a police discount price of $446.00 (my Rem 700PSS cost 525.00 - I remember screaming about a scope costing almost as much as the rifle- LOL) I don't remember exactly but I am pretty sure the loopys were about 525 or 550 at the time so the redfield was nearly 100 bucks cheaper - a big difference at the time. What really sold me though was the low light ability with 56mm obj - for police use this was a big big plus.

Just make sure you get the right height rings to clear your barrel as 56mm is big and be sure to properly measure the new scope height for putting stuff into ballistics software - mine was 1.7 sight height not the usual 1.5.

Need more info - PM me