• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redneck Hunter - FSCA Switzerland - 20mm Lahti

Re: Redneck Hunter - FSCA Switzerland - 20mm Lahti

seen those running for around 5,000$ cant remember the company they had a few of them . nowadays though might as well buy a anzio right ? 20x102mm is easier to find . if i had the money id love to have their take down rifle 50" barrel in 14.5x114mm though i heard no American gunpowder is suited for its case

There are actually a few powders available that will work for the 14.5x114 Russian. The Russian powder is also available here in the states if you look hard enough, its explosia 101-01s, if my memory is right, or better known as, 7na.

through how would you reload that thing even if you had the power?

Ch4d tool's rock crusher press

saojao:

CH4D lists these dies for the calibers mentioned:

20 mm Lahti 2 3/4-12 Thread 4 X $ 778.38 4535912 - -
20 mm Lahti 2-12 Thread 4 W $ 577.89 4535912 - -
20 mm Vulcan (M-103) 2 in. Thread 4 V $ 518.92 4535911
14.5 x 114 Russian (2 in. Thread) 3 V $ 518.92 4535913

The $s are for the associated die groups (X, V, and W) - which they list as "reloading die sets".

The last number on each line is the associated shell holder.

To zinny's point, I have found no one that has a press that will accept the thread sizes noted above. "Rock Crusher" is (also) the name of an RCBS press series - but they don't support these thread sizes.

I checked the Anzio site and found nothing about dies, presses, or custom ammo. They have offered 20mm military ammo from time to time, currently posted as "sold out". That noted, somehow they are "involved" in (presumably) getting their 50/20 firing - possibly a call to them...

Sorry if I missed it - what press will you be using for your project rifle?

Thanks.

I would like to purchase a 14.5 Russian case if somebody has one?

ELR,
I'm using a rock crusher press from ch4d tool. Its around 90 lbs. You have to call dave and ask for it. I got mine for $1,300. Mike @ Anzio uses a button press fyi.

sanjao:

I mentioned your reply to Mike today in the Anzio booth at SHOT and he, like me, was unfamiliar with the term "button press". He advisd that he uses a 55,000 pound pressure "flywheel press" and recommends a press with at least 15K pressure. He said the most common for his application are flywheel presses and "log splitters". Very friendly guy, sure he'd share with anyone who asked. More on "SHOT 2012 - Day 1 Bits and Pieces" elsewhere.

Best.

ELR,
I will be @ SHOT tomorrow, PM me for my number if you would like to discuss further.