• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO Hunter scope at the IWA event

Attachments

• Krypton2.PNG
    Krypton2.PNG
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: BurtG
That there looks to be a ZCO LPVO... 😯 Wonder if they used a 36mm tube for it???
To me it does not appear to be 36mm. I think the shadow on the objective side just looks that way. On the ocular side it appears smaller than the scope to the left. I could be wrong though

Reactions: Glassaholic
To me it does not appear to be 36mm. I think the shadow on the objective side just looks that way. On the ocular side it appears smaller than the scope to the left. I could be wrong though
Sounds like some good sources are also saying it’s not a LPVO but a MPVO with 2-10 magnification. But POC means we likely won’t see it for a year or two at least. ZCO has a viable MPVO in the 1.7-12x50 but they have not explained why they won’t bring it to the states.

No need to speculate and be incorrect, just hang out and watch the final specs when they are complete. 🙂

Dudes creaming themselves over a 7x erector.. No wonder we don’t get the best functional options built when the market keeps asking for stupid shit.

Did anyone ever clarify if this thing is a dual focal plane scope?

Edit to ask: @koshkin - it seems established that high erector rates I.E. 8x vs 4x comes with compromises, are there any similar functional compromises I.E. FOV, depth of focus, parallax forgiveness, exit pupil, "eye box", etc that would accompany a dual focal plane reticle? it seems like that would be a completely different thing than what we see with these short high mag range scopes? I'm not sure there's a need for it with reasonable mag ranges but if people have to have these silly high mag ranges it seems like it would make a big difference in usefulness of reticle across the range.

Last edited:
No need to speculate and be incorrect, just hang out and watch the final specs when they are complete. 🙂
It's not speculation. It's observation, even if my observation is incorrect.

Dudes creaming themselves over a 7x erector.. No wonder we don’t get the best functional options built when the market keeps asking for stupid shit.

Did anyone ever clarify if this thing is a dual focal plane scope?

Edit to ask: @koshkin - it seems established that high erector rates I.E. 8x vs 4x comes with compromises, are there any similar functional compromises I.E. FOV, depth of focus, parallax forgiveness, exit pupil, "eye box", etc that would accompany a dual focal plane reticle? it seems like that would be a completely different thing than what we see with these short high mag range scopes? I'm not sure there's a need for it with reasonable mag ranges but if people have to have these silly high mag ranges it seems like it would make a big difference in usefulness of reticle across the range.

As stated many times, the scope you are referring to is not coming to the United States - Richard

It's not speculation. It's observation, even if my observation is incorrect.

Actually I should ask, are you referring to the 1.7 Hunting scope that is NOT coming here? Or the scope in the teaser that most are discussing now?

All I will say is this, most of the information posted here is incorrect and that when the final specs are released for the scopes in question tailored at the US market that we will need to hire more staff. That's how much confidence I have in my long meeting with Jeff and Robert.

-Richard

e02722624df4d8e97003846d52e417d349b15199.jpg

As stated many times, the scope you are referring to is not coming to the United States - Richard

Richard, I don't care. Like most others, I haven't a logical reason for a $3k+ 12x power, 36mm tubed, 28+ ounce hunting scope. I'm just curious about if it's dual focal plane because i find that feature intriguing and would be a benefit in theory if it became more common in the future.

Reactions: beetroot
Richard, I don't care. Like most others, I haven't a logical reason for a $3k+ 12x power, 36mm tubed, 28+ ounce hunting scope. I'm just curious about if it's dual focal plane because i find that feature intriguing and would be a benefit in theory if it became more common in the future.
Are you talking about a specific dual focal plane reticle for ZCO or DFP in general for MPVO? If the latter, March has already done this with their 1.5-15 and DF-TR2B reticle which is a nice design.

Reactions: Bakwa
Meh gets dark add the clip on.

Relying on day scope for low light is so outdated
If you are going to rely on having a clip on at hand, then may as well buy one of the 1/2 dozen LPVOs on the market.

The whole point of a MPVO is to be free from the constraints that come with an LPVO and a usable 1x.

Are you talking about a specific dual focal plane reticle for ZCO or DFP in general for MPVO? If the latter, March has already done this with their 1.5-15 and DF-TR2B reticle which is a nice design.

I'm just interested in them in concept but it makes more sense to me on higher mag scopes where the reticle is less useful at low power but then again I don't think a hunting rifle needs more than 15x anyway.

The new maven 2.5-15 does just fine with a functional FFP reticle in that 1.5-15 March's realm but it's cool that March is doing the DFP thing! That said, if that March functionally sucks like the 3-24x52 I had did, I'd rather have the $1k maven that feels like a $1k LOW scope.

Incorrect.
Ill take the word of you and everyone else who has seen it but are apparently not allowed to comment except to correct those that are wrong. It's like this weird little game of "hot-and-cold." I should have stopped by ZCO on Friday instead of on Monday it seems.

Still, it must be some major camera glitchery...sure seems to me the tube on the left is larger than the tube on the right...its not only my eyes, my calipers say so as well. I guess it's just an optical illusion. Carry on.

zco.jpg

Last edited:
Ill take the word of you and everyone else who has seen it but are apparently not allowed to comment except to correct those that are wrong. It's like this weird little game of "hot-and-cold." I should have stopped by ZCO on Friday instead of on Monday it seems.

Still, it must be some major camera glitchery...sure seems to me the tube on the left is larger than the tube on the right...its not only my eyes, my calipers say so as well. I guess it's just an optical illusion. Carry on.

View attachment 8336506

It was not out on display, I fondled the optic in question and discussed the direction it is going and it's going to be lit🔥🔥
-Richard

Reactions: Bakwa and Bangin

View attachment 8336506
Yea I saw it Tuesday. Good looking stuff and I think it’ll do well. Camera angles can be kinda weird on those sweep shots. I had probably a 30 min discussion about it and my thoughts on it while messing with it.

ETA: I wish I could just put all the details out there, but I do want to respect ZCO’s wishes and if they do change some things then people might expect 1 thing and get something else.

It’s like frank said in another thread this year was really about the stuff under the counter and in the back room and less about stuff that was on display. There’s some major things coming that are super exciting.

Last edited:
It was not out on display, I fondled the optic in question and discussed the direction it is going and it's going to be lit🔥🔥
-Richard
I'm sure I could have seen it had I inquired but I merely looked at the optics on display and realized there was nothing really new for me to see.

I don't look like much, but I know a ton of secret handshakes and I'm sure one of them would have worked.

• Haha
Reactions: Bakwa and IsaacL
-Richard

Well, let's hope so; though it's easy to be "lit" 🔥when the field of "do-all" of high-mag LPVO and the MPVO are 💩

I wait with bated breath for one of the alpha dogs to FINALLY do what Leupold can't and what S&B won't.

🤞that given they've put out some decent reticle designs, ZCO won't fuck that up...despite some of the retarded shit people seem to be asking for in an optic in the class of (I'm guessing) 1.5-2.5x bottom and 8-12.5x top end.

Reactions: CSTactical
I'm sure I could have seen it had I inquired but I merely looked at the optics on display and realized there was nothing really new for me to see.

I don't look like much, but I know a ton of secret handshakes and I'm sure one of them would have worked.

We are one of their largest distributor/dealers and I had a scheduled meeting with Jeff and Robert discussing the present and future of their products. This isn't a dick measuring contest or for clout, this was business. Did some others see the optic? Of course! Especially when it was on the table for over an hour while we discussed that prototype and requests by us and our customers needs. I read this forum and take feedback from thousands of people to try and work with ZCO to have the best products produced. We're not just a dealer, we are heavily involved in this industry, forum and community in general. We are just getting started as is ZCO 🚀🚀

Richard@CST
Ofc: 916-670-1103x2
Cell: 916-628-3490
[email protected]
cstactical.com

We are one of their largest distributor/dealers and I had a scheduled meeting with Jeff and Robert discussing the present and future of their products. This isn't a dick measuring contest or for clout, this was business. Did some others see the optic? Of course! Especially when it was on the table for over an hour while we discussed that prototype and requests by us and our customers needs. I read this forum and take feedback from thousands of people to try and work with ZCO to have the best products produced. We're not just a dealer, we are heavily involved in this industry, forum and community in general. We are just getting started as is ZCO 🚀🚀

Richard@CST
Ofc: 916-670-1103x2
Cell: 916-628-3490
[email protected]
cstactical.com
All good. No worries. (y)

Reactions: CSTactical
I for one would like to see more alpha MPVOs and crossovers. For my low-speed use cases they just make the most sense.

Reactions: Glassaholic
-Richard
You have now said you have fondled this multiple times, how many scopes have you fondled? Remind me to thoroughly clean any demo scopes I buy from you guys :ROFLMAO:

Next year you need to find Richard and then secretly follow him around the floor, apparently all the manufacturers lift up their skirts when he walks by :sneaky:
Or you could be like me and piss a bunch of people off because of your honesty, I've noticed that closes some doors at times :censored::(

Next year you need to find Richard and then secretly follow him around the floor, apparently all the manufacturers lift up their skirts when he walks by :sneaky:

Or you could be like me and piss a bunch of people off because of your honesty, I've noticed that closes some doors at times :censored::(

Or spend millions of dollars with them... 🧐

MV5BNDRkMzk0ZTItMDM4Ny00NGMyLWI1MDMtMDM4ZTNhZjg0YzEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY0MDYzNTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

• Haha
So it's a 2-10x, not 1-10x?

Imagine a 1-10x with adjustable parallax. Would be the ultimate AR-10 scope.

Edited to add: I am not knocking ZCO, but if they were going with a 2-10x form, why not just do a 6x erector tube and make it a 2-12x scope?

There must be something .mil going on zince Leupold mk5 has the mag and same form factor.
MkV is ±24oz weight, and weight data will be TBD for ZCO.

If they can improve on the eyebox and image quality of most 1-8 & 1-10 LPVOS, this will be a welcomed addition. Particularly for those who add a red dot to the mix.

Personally, I look foward to an optic in this mag range that doesn't compromise. #cautiouslyoptimistic

Reactions: Bakwa
I was making consistent hits on a 33% IPSC target at 475yds and 780yds today (10-15mph winds) with my 6 ARC / MK5 2-10 TMR and I absolutely love that mag range for night hunts.

I’m excited for the reticle they designed around this optic. Someday I will upgrade the MK5’s on my rifles to ZCO’s