• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

reduced capacity 308

Re: reduced capacity 308

An old reloader friend of mine mentioned once he used to make reduced power loads for his 30-06 with a pistol powder IIRC. He would add the powder then fill the rest of the case up with corn meal and seat the bullets. He said they worked good but that's all I know.

Trail Boss... No need for special cases, but I hear that everyone has money these days
crazy.gif

I still have some of those from Blaylocks Gun Works. Trailboss in a regular case works just as well.

I am local to these guys and have actually had them in hand. They are nice and I would assume alot of reloads due to less pressure. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Eddie

I think he is wanting to try these because he was having a problem with the first shot not having the same POI as the, lets say, fourth shot. You guys think that it would help improve that problem?

A dude over on silencertests.com was using them. He was still getting the first round drop. Just run an oil patch down thee bore before shooting and rub a drop of lube on each bullet. With the right amount of oil on the patch, you can get the first shot to match the others in velocity and POI. I apply the oil to the patch in stripes in order to apply it consistently (5 lines of oil). I find Hoppe's oil works best.

Titegroup also works better than Trailboss, and meters better. 8.0 gr. with a WLR primer works amazing. Throw it on the Dillon and get better results than hand trickling Trailboss.

I played around with trailboss in my 26" Weatherby. I was using around 10grs of powder and at 100yrds you could hear the bullet rip paper. The vel was around 980fps The groups werent real good but the guns not setup to shoot subsonic ammo. I dont think you'll really need thoes reduced cases, just load up some trailboss and make sure your bullets arent tumbling when they leave the barrel before you throw your can on the end.