• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes reflex red dot sight for pistol

SPAK

Stupid can be fixed
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Alaska
Hey guys, I know this has been hashed before, but I'm looking for some input. I've never used any reflex/holo sights before but I'm thinking about putting one on my ruger mark III 22/45.

Purpose will be hunting and plinking.

I'm in the camp of buy once cry once so, quality and warranty are at the top of the list.

The ones that have my interest at the moment are the Leupold Deltapoint and the Vortex Razor Red dot (to be released this spring).

Any thoughts or input would be great.

Re: reflex red dot sight for pistol

Docters are only $250 now at cdnn.. I just grabbed one and really like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sweetbeard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Docters are only $250 now at cdnn.. I just grabbed one and really like it. </div></div>

swfa has the docters for the same price as well...how's the warranty on their products?? .

I've got someone that I can buy a new Deltapoint for 298 shipped. I just don't have any first hand experience to say which is better or why. They both look similar in size and other than the reticle differences I don't know much about them...

Is it common to have the battery compartment under the sight itself... I like that the vortex can change batteries without taking the sight off...

Does the docter or cmore have the battery under the sight as well?

For what it's worth? A friend of mine "John Allchin" former world champion rimfire shooter wandered in to Vortex at SHOT show and really liked the red dot they have coming out. For a little guy like me I think that is a hell of a endorsement? Just thought I would throw that out there?

Docter battery is under the sight, but it is only 2 screws from the top to get it off..

I have nothing against the deltapoint... And it actually has alot of cool features and an awesome warranty. I was looking for something for an AR backup and wanted to keep the costs down.

These things are cool sitting at a 45 ( :

plus Docters used to be on Acogs.. so I guess the quality is there.

THe Insight MRDS seems to have a solid following.

Curious how the new Vortex reflex compares....

Tough to spend those dollars when you can get a 1-4 for a bit more though

I have a Trijicon RMR on my carry Glocks. They are awesome, and I have been running one for about 1.5 yrs now.

For hunting I am installing a Deltapoint on a .400 corbon 1911, and the included mount assortment makes it an easy deal. You may want to research a little and see if they have a mount for your pistol. That would seal it for me.

I've got a picatinny rail on the the pistol that will take the deltapoint cross mount just fine....

I've got a good deal on the deltapoint but I almost would like to see how the vortex turns out...

how do you like the RMR vs the deltapoint??

One reason I went w/ STS. battery slides out w/o removing sight. C-more has a newer model out now thats a bit bigger that is gaining attention.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frogman77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it common to have the battery compartment under the sight itself... I like that the vortex can change batteries without taking the sight off...

Does the docter or cmore have the battery under the sight as well?

</div></div>

out of curiousity, what's the warranty/support like for the Cmore and Docter sights???

Docter sights are not very rugged compared to the competition. I think they are closing them out for a reason. Burris also has a FastFire 3 that looks good too. The Burris FastFire uses Docter mounts.

Thanks for all the input guys...I think I'm going to spring for the deltapoint and see how it fairs. Still would be nice to see the vortex but I can always trade up later if I don't like it.

The new Burris fastfire III, no stupid locking screws, click adjustments with coin slot, 3 manual brightness settings or auto mode, battery is located on top, and a removable sunshade.

This is the one to get.

I just put a Aimpoint micro t1 on my extra barrel for my Desert Eagle and like it enough that I'm thinking about getting another for my Ruger MK2