• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading press work light (w/pics)

problemchild

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
I am not the original person to do this. I saw another poster make up a light like this which gave me the idea.

So I was at my local electronic store (JK elec) and I see a strip LED that is REALLY bright. It had simple plug on connectors for the end and was 12v. Having multiple spare 12v power cubes at my house I bought the led strip.

I cut the strip in half and connected the two side by side. I used a degreaser on the inside wall of my press and stuck the LED strip on the wall facing away from my eyes. Plugging in the 12v cube and turning on the power was a wow moment. The whole inside of the press is lit up now. Now I can see all the details much better.

650-2.jpg

650.jpg

650-3.jpg

Re: Reloading press work light (w/pics)

I have seen those for sale on Ebay and thought about it. Seeing your post I looked for LED strips and found them super cheap on Ebay and since pretty much everyone these days has an old transformer laying around I ordered some. Thanks for the motivation and money saving idea.

Re: Reloading press work light (w/pics)

The lights are nice but I like the fact you have a dedicated press for 42.5gr of XBR with CCI-BR primers and 168 AMAX bullets. Let us see the presses for all the other loads.
laugh.gif