• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

Re: Remington 700 bottom metal alternative

This is the ten rounder.

http://
c7c0e833.jpg

Five rounder.
]http://
c09767bb.jpg

http://
097365f8.jpg

This is in the factory stock. Hopefully the first of the year it will be in a manners.

Gonna be going to Colorado for 12 days, hunting season, Christmas, and wife's b-day all in the next few months. But i will accept donations for a new stock.
smile.gif

What cal is that snp? It even makes that stock look good..

thought of raffleing off your elk tag to fund your new stock... lol......

thanks for the pics and good hunting!!

For the money this bottom metal can't be beat, hell i would put it with just about any other BM.

I've never used these mags before. Sorry for the dumb question, but is it the AICS mags that this bottom metal accepts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone answer the question that keeps popping up ....Will these accept the .338 lm Magazine???/ Thank you</div></div>

I have the 300 RUM and was told I would have to use the 338LM mag, and according to Colin it will work. I have not bought the mag yet, but will be doing so here shortly. </div></div>

You will need to modify the 338L mags to work with the 300rum. The rib in the side of the mag needs to be milled out, just thought you might like the heads up.

Hunter will this DBM work with the 338 lm magazine, Could you post pics of them together..

I am still getting question on this and I do not have first hand knowledge and ever one here loves good pics!!

Anyone else able to help oput please jump in thank you!!

where is the group buy section? I thought that I saw a topic/thread specifically for this but can't locate it.

Thanks for the post furtaker....will you post the pics when you get the 338 mag??

The footprint is similar but not exact. I'm hoping I get mine back soon. I have a mag, ammo on the way, and now I just need the main parts to be back here.

Pics soon

My stock and bottom metal are at GAP at the moment.

If you don't mind what are they charging for the inlet and is return shipping included?

Next we need a group bye for Mag's? Just ordered mine from Midway. $80 or so for the 10 rd. mag. Any one know a less expensive place to get them?

WhY is the cost of this group buy? I did a quick read and seen 120 is this the correct amount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WhY is the cost of this group buy? I did a quick read and seen 120 is this the correct amount </div></div>

Prices...

Several are taking advantage of this group buy. I hope alot are not regretting when word gets out on the price goes up.

Last I checked Colt was the only AR until the FEDs did a contract with RRA. Just saw in the Creedmore thread these are unproven.

I am in for a couple and I hope we all will be real happy when we have money left over to buy a couple of mags.....

Anyone want to try an Alpha mag group buy????? I am in ---want some one else to work that one out that deal!!1...lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Several are taking advantage of this group buy. I hope alot are not regretting when word gets out on the price goes up.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I am in for a couple and I hope we all will be real happy when we have money left over to buy a couple of mags.....</span>

Anyone want to try an Alpha mag group buy????? I am in ---want some one else to work that one out that deal!!1...lol </div></div>

Definitely. It would seem that the basic design of DBM's are essentially the same with some minor changes here and there. At this intro price, how can you go wrong? The mags always seem to be the problem when there is one and even that is virtually eliminated with quality mags from AI and now Alpha.

I have a SA on the way, looking forward to seeing how it does.

well, mine is just about done. There were a few issues, and I'll get more in depth with that once I get the stock back to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well, mine is just about done. There were a few issues, and I'll get more in depth with that once I get the stock back to me. </div></div>

Few issues with the bottom medal? Or with your build in general

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M700Love</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't mind what are they charging for the inlet and is return shipping included? </div></div>

+1

Also interested in any recommend smiths to send this to for the stock inletting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tengo1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well, mine is just about done. There were a few issues, and I'll get more in depth with that once I get the stock back to me. </div></div>

Few issues with the bottom medal? Or with your build in general </div></div>

Yeah that could be a useful piece of information to share right now before we get into this

It was just an issue of GAP not having the correct size tool to inlet the stock with, nothing that had to do with the metal. maybe they can chime in...

I'd love to see a couple more pics of this bottom metal on guys guns before the Sept. 30th deadline for the group buy

Hopefully I can get some pics before then. My stock should be on its way back soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tengo1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to see a couple more pics of this bottom metal on guys guns before the Sept. 30th deadline for the group buy </div></div>

+1, kinda on the fence. But, will probably have to get one anyway since times about up,,,
whistle.gif

I happy that my assumption was wrong and that someone is making affordable AICS'S magazine compatible bottom metal. My assumption that the parts were being made in China has been refudiated, and I wish the best for AtlasWorxs in this venture. Once the ligistics of bringing them to our market (US) in quantity is straightened out they should have a lrage marketshare.

Now, will a RadTac latch work with these?

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">So I've spent the last 20 minutes reading through six pages of this thread and looking at atlasworxs.com

I cannot see anywhere where these are made in AU, and see a LOT on their site about global sourcing.

If you guys are happy that you are saving $50 to support and AU company that is most likely just dealing Asian made knockoffs of American products from American companies that support American interests and soldiers I wish you the best in your enjoyment of your knockoff shit.</span>

If anyone cares to post evidence that AtlasWorks manufactures these DBM's themselves in their facility in their country I will happily retract my allegation that they are Chinese made knockoffs and are hurting our economy more than the little each buyer is saving is helping it.

Would be interesting to hear. But yeah, you probably should have just asked him before throwing accusations around in both threads,,,

You know I love this debate. There are only so many ways to build something that does the same thing. Arent all bottom metals a knock off of someone else basically? Are all AR's a knock off of the original?

If an action has the same footprint as a Remington is it a knock off?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you guys are happy that you are saving $50 to support and AU company that is most likely just dealing Asian made knockoffs of American products from American companies that support American interests and soldiers I wish you the best in your enjoyment of your knockoff shit. </div></div>

Saving $50? So you know where I can get a Badger M5 for $135 shipped? Please, do tell.

who cares? its affordable. if companies don't want people making similar products then make yours affordable so there isn't a market. i work in health care, i know all about developmental cost and how you have to make enough to make that money back. but the price people charge for bottom metal is flat out OUTRAGEOUS. they charge it because they can. we need a new player with an affordable product that is very similar to drive costs down.

and yes, almost every gun part out there is a "borderline knock off". they have to be. there are only so many ways you can make something. look at mags. people copy one another all the time and just change some small detail. all they need is very small changes and its fine. i am not worried about it. there aren't many ways to make a bottom metal wrong and this one is a third the price of almost anyone else. without a doubt worth a try and likely going to be a great deal.

if someone else wants to pay three times more for the same thing have at it, i won't stop you. but don't cry foul to everyone else who jumps at a killer deal.

Colin responded to my email.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Austan,

These guards are being made right here in Australia. We have full cnc
capacity.

Regards

Colin Bowler</div></div>

Gee, that was easy.

I'm pretty sure they come from the Oz, considering that is where the return address on my package was from. The email above solidifies that.

I'm gonna take a guess CNC'd from solid piece. Really these are fairly basic and doubt there'd be the money spent for dies to forge. I also don't see why you'd think they'd farm a project like this out being a machine shop. again it's really not a very complicated part.

IMG_0619.jpg

Sorry for the crapie cell phone pictures. Its a very well made part. I am very inpressed. The AI mag fits like a glove. I am going to order another one before the sale ends. There is some small amount of alumanum on mine in the picture from testing it in my H/S stock. Very well finshed.

This is in no way a knock of CDI, as I have heard nothing but good things about him and his bottom metal, in fact I plan on using his for a future FN build. But the pressure is on with these cheap alternative bottom metals. I just noticed he has just issued his own group buy to counter it.

Nothing personal against the local guys, but if you can buy a fully milled and anodized AR-15 lower for $80, bottom metal shouldn't be $300. Yes I know most are steel, but that doesn't add $200 in material cost.

Competitive market, its amazing how fast it can bring the price of an item to where it really should be.