• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD

danierc

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2012
Texas
First timer here guys, so be easy on me! Haha... I just picked up a new Rem. 700 SPS Tac. AAC-SD last week. I have a Vortex PST 6-24x50(MOA Reticle)on order. I want to be able to shoot out to 1000 yards. I've already decided on getting a 20MOA rail, but my question is what rings? I'm guessing the lower size? I'm planning on either a Weaver or TPS rail base and TPS rings? What's y'alls opinion of going with this set up?

Thanks!

Re: Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD

You close to Best of the West Range???

I went with weaver rings for now.

Later when I purchase Vortex Razor, 35mm tube, I'll use their rings.

seekins, badger, nightforce, vortex, uso, spuhr

all good, try one of the site's vendors as well

i went with badger from triad and had a very positive experience

as far as the grand goal, take your time getting there. learning more from this site, about your kit and shooting, will be far more rewarding than tumbling rounds down range and key-holing a 3' gong

have fun

Where in Texas are you. I'm in Houston. I got a Weaver base and rings I'll give you.
I took them off my rifle and replace them with a Seekins base and Vortex rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don-n-Texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in Texas are you. I'm in Houston. I got a Weaver base and rings I'll give you.

</div></div>

how often do you get out to ASC? hopefully ill be heading out this weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don-n-Texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in Texas are you. I'm in Houston. I got a Weaver base and rings I'll give you.

</div></div>
I'm over just North of Beaumont... I've been looking at the TPS 20MOA base and rings. My scope hasn't come in yet, but its a Vortex Viper PST with 30mm tube.

Is your weaver base a 20MOA? What height rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SugarBooger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seekins, badger, nightforce, vortex, uso, spuhr

all good, try one of the site's vendors as well

i went with badger from triad and had a very positive experience

as far as the grand goal, take your time getting there. learning more from this site, about your kit and shooting, will be far more rewarding than tumbling rounds down range and key-holing a 3' gong

have fun </div></div>

Thanks! That's exactly why I joined onto this site. I've been shooting all my life, but just really getting into the really long range aspect of it. I don't wanna just start slinging lead down range... I'd much rather LEARN about it at the same time... Any insights or tips are greatly appreciated!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike0341</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don-n-Texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in Texas are you. I'm in Houston. I got a Weaver base and rings I'll give you.

</div></div>

how often do you get out to ASC? hopefully ill be heading out this weekend </div></div>

Mike I'm working in New Orleans. I hope to finish this job and be home by the weekend. If I get home I hope to go to ASC and shoot this week end. Maybe if it works out we can meet up.

danierc I'll have to get home see. I can't remember.

Are you familiar with 8541 tactical. If not go there John will show you how to get a lot out of that AAC

http://www.8541tactical.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don-n-Texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike0341</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don-n-Texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where in Texas are you. I'm in Houston. I got a Weaver base and rings I'll give you.

</div></div>

how often do you get out to ASC? hopefully ill be heading out this weekend </div></div>

Mike I'm working in New Orleans. I hope to finish this job and be home by the weekend. If I get home I hope to go to ASC and shoot this week end. Maybe if it works out we can meet up.

danierc I'll have to get home see. I can't remember.

Are you familiar with 8541 tactical. If not go there John will show you how to get a lot out of that AAC

http://www.8541tactical.com/ </div></div>

John runs a great site but I was kind of disappointed in the results he got from his AAC-SD. I wonder if he got a bad one or if they all struggle to shoot Sub MOA.

How necessary is it to bed the scope base with J-B Weld like he did on 8541tactical.com???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: danierc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How necessary is it to bed the scope base with J-B Weld like he did on 8541tactical.com??? </div></div>
I think it's import. But some do and some don't
I got a Seekins 20 MOA base. It fit perfect It didn't need bedding.

When I got my AAC....it shot roughly 1.5-2" with the factory stock.....all I've done is drop the rifle in a B&C Medalist Tactical stock, torque screws to 65 inch pds and she is now a tack-driver....

Consistently shoots .75" 5-shot groups with Hornady TAP 168 ammo every single time. Has yet to shoot a group over 1 inch anymore. Love it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I got my AAC....it shot roughly 1.5-2" with the factory stock.....all I've done is drop the rifle in a B&C Medalist Tactical stock, torque screws to 65 inch pds and she is now a tack-driver.... </div></div>

mgd45, Did you bed the stock or is that not necessary?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GomerPyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I got my AAC....it shot roughly 1.5-2" with the factory stock.....all I've done is drop the rifle in a B&C Medalist Tactical stock, torque screws to 65 inch pds and she is now a tack-driver.... </div></div>

mgd45, Did you bed the stock or is that not necessary? </div></div>

The B&C Tactical Medalist has an aluminum bedding block. you can do a skim bedding job but its not necessary

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to get one with the alum block then so I can switch it over myself.

If I was ordering a new stock. I would call B&C and ask about how to order the stock inletted for a DBM.

Or I would go to Stockys and look at the Manners stocks that come with a Badger DBM installed.

I would most likely get the Manners.

I know they don't get a lot of run on here but Burris xtr rings are great for the price.