• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington LR900X Laser Rangefinder

dudz

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
New Zealand
Hi all,

There has been alot of discussion on rangefinders I know.
I'm not interested in 'what is better' as I'm sure Leupold/leica/bushnell are the better quality end.
I have a maximum budget with which I need a rangefinder that will calc reflective surfaces out to 800 meters. I shoot in the hills (not hunt) to 800 meters, so a "built in" inclinometer is a must for me. I have come across the "Remington LR900X Laser Rangefinder" that falls within my budget, but I cannot find any reviews on this item, despite it being disscontinued.
Please can anyone share their experiences with this model ??

Re: Remington LR900X Laser Rangefinder

Bushnell and Leica make the better rangefinders out of the ones you have mentioned.

By volume I would say Bushnell sells the most, and Leica have a good reputation for having better glass.

If it were me, I would stick with either of those two.

mmmm like I said... im not interested in who's better. Just need a helpfull review on the remington

The Remington unit is a complete and utter piece of $#!T to put it mildly. I will NOT achieve your stated goals of ranging reflective targets to 800m, nor will it work worth a damn on hunting game in anything but wide open fields and assuming you are hunting elephant-sized game within 400m.

There are reasons that products get discontinued within months of being introduced and generally...its due to them being of incredibly poor quality.

Tell us what your budget is and perhaps we can assist you with finding a product within your budget or close to it, but if you insist on buying cheap and demanding the results you have stated...perpare yourself for disappointment! Buy once...CRY ONCE!!

LOL

Ok...that one was a bit more helpfull..

I don't mind used or new, but cant really spend over 250 dollars inc shipping.

I will take your advise though. I can't stand buying crap.

Ok... I have found a reasonably priced one. Bushnell legend 1200 arc.
I understand that leupold rangefinders have the ability to show the real horizontal distance for rifles. The Bushnell model (above) only seems to show bullet drop in inches. This could be a problem when trying to put the info into a ballistic calculator could'nt it ??

Just realizing that you are in France (at least that's where you list your location). I have ZERO idea what the market for LRFs is like in your neck of the woods.

I know if you were in this country, my advice would be to keep putting your money away in the bank until you had enough to either pick up a used or new-old-stock Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC for around the $300-325 mark which will give you solid performance in both reflective targets to 800m and true ballistic range (angle range compensation) for use when hunting or out in the field. I can't speak to the quality or the performance of the 1200 ARC that you referenced, but I have used a 1500 ARC pretty extensively in the past and found it to be a very good quality product that won't break the bank. The Leupold LRFs that I have seen/used are garbage (even the higher-priced units) and generally unreliable at extended ranges in anything less than absolutely ideal light conditions and on fairly large, reflective targets.

Well, to give you some idea of the Rangefinders that are available here...The best is considerd to be 'Hawke' at 400 euros = 564 dollars !
laugh.gif

Anyhow, I have managed to pick up a Bushnell Legend 1200 ARC - used but in new condition for the equivelent of 260 dollars.

Thanks for all your advise.