• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement stock for 2009 Savage 10FP

Re: Replacement stock for 2009 Savage 10FP

Call Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Gun Stocks.
He makes a very nice stock. The look and feel is very much like a McMillan A5. Their a little lighter in weight, but are quite durable and well designed. Price is right too.

http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FMJBT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the Choate Tactical stocks. Tupperware isn't for everyone, but they seem to be decent stocks for the money. Combatstocks.com has them in stock for Savage short action centerfeed.

MAX100 has a pretty good review of the Remington version of it here:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1185718#Post1185718 </div></div>
I have that stock on my Savage 10 FP and really like it alot, a little on the heavy side but overall I think it's a great stock for the money.

Actually there are a lot of options out there. Not as many options as Rem700's, true, but more than just about anything else.

Check out the Savage Shooters forum. Lots of good info on the subject over there.

Sharp Shooter Supply makes at least seven different styles. They are laminate and will make about a thousand different color combos and will mill in different options like accessory rails, QD studs, But hook / monopod area, adjustable cheek pad assembly, etc. They also have a DBM system for the centerfeeds like yours.
Check out the LVT (Laminate Varmint Tactical) stock, it is pretty sweet.

Choate also makes a few models. There are the Ultimate Sniper and Ultimate Varmint stocks which rightfully catch lots of crap for their names, but are pretty handy to actually use (if ungodly heavy). They also have the rather ugly folding variant of these.
They also have a new Choate Tactical Stock that

There is also PDC Custom , Bell and Carlson, and Stockade Gun Stocks, Stockystocks.com, and lots of smaller guys

Manners, McMillan, and HS Precision all make Savage stocks too, but I am not sure what is avail for centerfeeds.

Hope that helps,
-Pete

Wow those Manners stocks look unbelievable. Pricey though for me.

You might try the new Savage factory Accu-Stock..

The AccuStock uses an aluminum spine and 3D Bedding Cradle molded into the stock in such a manner that it becomes an integral part of the composite stock.

The result is a polymer composite stock that possesses many of the same properties of high-end aftermarket stocks, bringing this high level of performance to the production rifle.

Rigidity – With its integral aluminum spine that runs from the action down the length of the forearm, the AccuStock is the most rigid factory polymer stock in the marketplace. No matter how hot the weather or the barrel, the forend stays rock-solid and the barrel remains free-floating.

Three-Dimensional Bedding Pressure – Pillar-bedded and v-block stocks, as good as they are, only apply bedding pressure on one axis, up and down. The AccuStock uses a wedge bolt to push the recoil lug back into the aluminum spine to prevent any movement forward and aft, while the bedding cradle literally squeezes the action from the sides when the action screws are tightened

The only problem is that the older models are not compatible with
the new accu-stock as many things were changed or moved eg. bolt release.

I opted to remain all Savage where my weapon was concerned... here she is after swappin the tupperware with a Varmint Low Profile... I absolutely LOVE the thing!!

DK

s6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I opted to remain all Savage where my weapon was concerned... here she is after swappin the tupperware with a Varmint Low Profile... I absolutely LOVE the thing!!

DK

s6.jpg
</div></div>

Man that looks great. Where did you find that stock for sale at and did you paint it? I thought those stock were laminated wood. Do you like that scope?

I got the varminter stock from Northland Shooters Supply. You are correct, it is the laminated wood version. I love the ergonomics of the stock... it just feels right. Not to mention the price verses the aftermarket stocks... I paid $225 delivered to my door!! If you want the contact information for Northland, just let me know. I am the one that is guilty of throwing the camo at it... it is the 3rd version, and I think I finally got it like I want it... I am happy with it!!

The Explore Optics scope is built like a tank. The tactical turrents have a good positive click to them, and it passed my box test without any problems. If you like the Super Sniper scopes, you will LOVE this one. It is as tough as the SS scopes, but add in the variable power... SIMPLY AWESOME!! Also, I paid $379 for the scope, and the glass is really good for the price. It doesn't adjust as clear as the Nightforce that I had, but it is also $1150 bucks cheaper too!!

DK

s10.jpg

Thats just what I'm looking for but what is an FPVLE??

The designations seem to indicate that was originally a synthetic stock Police and the V is heavy barrel but I don't see that combo for sale any where. Did you put a heavier barrel on this rifle? if not where can you get one with a heavier barrel already on it?

Let us not forget McMillan. They can provide any of their High Power/Centerfire stocks with an inlet for the Savage actions. I have an A3 and one of the prototype A5's, and they are outstanding. Call them and talk to them to ensure the stock and Savage versions mate properly.

Not inexpensive, but 'cheap at twice the price' (if you'll please pardon the pun), IMHO. I think they are simply the best.

Greg