• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Results Odessa FV250yd F-Class June 7th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Eleven guns today under clear skies and our usual changing breezes.

F-T/R

1. Allen B. 184-13V 223 Rem.

F-Open

1. Bryan E 191-13V 6BRX
2. Dave M. 155-5V 22-250

Bench T/R

1. Greg L. 173-7V 223 Rem
2. Todd P. 159-11V 223 Rem

Bench Open

1. Tony L. 197-18V 6BR
2. Allen G. 194-26V 6BR
3. George S. 194-15V 6.5X47
4. Dan W. 191-18V 308 Win
5. John P. 191-16V 6BR
6. JDA 190-13V 6BRX

Regards,

Scott

Had a great time as usual, thank you Scott and John and family for the super chili dogs.
Dan

Had a great time as usual, thank you Scott and John and family for the super chili dogs.
Dan

your welcome Dan...Glad you enjoyed it.....Did you hear if their
having another shoot the 3rd Sunday on the 15th or not...Guy asked
me and I told him,no one said...close race Dan..Good shootin....

Last edited:
your welcome Dan...Glad you enjoyed it.....Did you hear if their
having another shoot the 3rd Sunday on the 15th or not...Guy asked
me and I told him,no one said...close race Dan..Good shootin....

Close race indeed,, as far as I know there should be a shoot second to last Sunday of June, Which would be the 22nd,,,,but for some reason I think I heard the 15th. Keep us posted.

Close race indeed,, as far as I know there should be a shoot second to last Sunday of June, Which would be the 22nd,,,,but for some reason I think I heard the 15th. Keep us posted.[/QUO

Hear nothing about...I see I had a message,but there was nothing there when I clicked on it ?

Beautiful day (minus the usual switchy-ness of the breeze). and a fine gathering of great folks.

The new Savage 11VT .223 did exceptionally well for a first outing. It's much easier to shoot than what I've used up until now.

The 50gr Nosler BT/26.gr Varget load managed about 3/4MOA-1MOA vertical, but left much to be desired in the wind at 250. Will work on that. I suspect the load may respond somewhat to some minor tweaks, and that work with heavier weight projectiles should also yield benefits regarding the wind.

The trigger is quite good at the factory setting, and probably better with some pull weight reduction.

The stock pack brought the cheek weld into a better position, but might benefit from a bit more height, and the bottom straps interfere with the rear bag under recoil, so a better means of comb height adjustment is in order.

The Tasco 6-24x44 Varmint/Target scope did fine to get the rifle into action, but the light was also abundant. The Mueller 8-32 is the next logical optics improvement.

After the firing the scored rounds, I used the saved sighters on the sighting bull to see how I might improve my wind skills, which need improving badly. I learned a few positive things in the process.

All in all, this was a very positive day for me.

My guess is for the next FV250 match to be on the 22nd of June, and none on June 15. This may be some confusion regarding the Dark Eagle Match which is scheduled to open registration at 9:00AM July 12.

Grilled chicken and other good eats predicted. The Dark Eagle events are a family day.

Thanks Scotty and John, and all the others who helped us all have a great day this particular Saturday.

Greg

PS The best bet is to wait for Scotty to post his usual 1 week warning orders.

Last edited:
Fathers day is the 15th you know....

I won't be able to make it, I need to be around for my kids tomorrow, you never know when you time is up here on earth,,I almost lost a good buddy in a car wreak, his father was killed instantly. Please give a prayer for Mathew and his mother.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS! I just purchased an Atlas 12X36 metal lathe. It came with all sorts of bits and tools and a couple of smaller heads. I'll be able to chamber, contour, thread and crown barrel blanks. The lathe is going to increase my scores considerably. lol!

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS! I just purchased an Atlas 12X36 metal lathe. It came with all sorts of bits and tools and a couple of smaller heads. I'll be able to chamber, contour, thread and crown barrel blanks. The lathe is going to increase my scores considerably. lol!

Maybe you cann make me a Dasiy Rider in 88 magnum caliber....Sorry to hear about your friend..I know to well,all about that..
Your gonna miss out on the tater salad and hot dogs this time..Debi like to make things for the shoots..Thank God for her....At least I will not have to worry about you beatin me again..lol God bless you and your family...