• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Return of the Robinson Armament XCR!

SargeantQ

Team POI
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2017
Mona, Utah
www.teampoi.com
Hello, I am the new PR and marketing guy for Robinson Armament and I would like to educate everyone on the new updated system! If you own one please join and give us your feedback!

There have been a few issues in the past with different groups and people, but we have evolved and look forward to the future! Please join us!!

Attachments

• photo82725.jpg
    photo82725.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 122
Welcome to the forum. I own what I think is a Gen 1 XCR. An interesting, fun rifle to shoot. I subsequently bought the 7.62 x 39 conversion as well and that's the setup I generally shoot now since I have a bunch of AR's and I sold my AK.

My chief complaint is that the screw/nut that holds the barrel in place periodically backs out, creating a loose barrel and a complete deterioration of accuracy (which is normally pretty good). I suppose I could loctite the screw in place, but that would make barrel swaps more difficult.

Welcome to the forum. I own what I think is a Gen 1 XCR. An interesting, fun rifle to shoot. I subsequently bought the 7.62 x 39 conversion as well and that's the setup I generally shoot now since I have a bunch of AR's and I sold my AK.

My chief complaint is that the screw/nut that holds the barrel in place periodically backs out, creating a loose barrel and a complete deterioration of accuracy (which is normally pretty good). I suppose I could loctite the screw in place, but that would make barrel swaps more difficult.

Yea that sounds safe. Maybe you should use duct tape to hold the barrel on tight.

Last edited:
Hello, I am the new PR and marketing guy for Robinson Armament and I would like to educate everyone on the new updated system! If you own one please join and give us your feedback!

There have been a few issues in the past with different groups and people, but we have evolved and look forward to the future! Please join us!!

You have your work cut out for you sir.

If it ain't better than an AR or as good for less, it's gonna be hard sell. BTW, WFT happened to the Stoner M96 mockup you guys did? I was interested in it in the 90's, then it just dropped off the map? And what you guys did make wasn't what you advertised, it wasn't a Stoner it was something else that sort of looked like one. And all the conversions were never released, like the Bren mag conversion, belt fed conversion (wasn't this one?) QD barrels, caliber changes, folders and fixed, etc. It looked like a nice rifle. KAC has a new Stoner LMG but it's just that, an LMG.

A semi Stoner rifle would be nice IMO, the damn thing was more convertible than an AR. What happened? And how did Robinson stay in business the last 20 years BTW? Just curious.

I do wish you the best, we could use some quality mfg.'s. But I don't think a set screw to hold down a barrel is gonna cut it with this crowd. Good luck, welcome to the 'Hide, we like having mfg. reps around here. We will be giving you shit though, so be ready.

Please no smoke up asses or outright lies --we've seen that and smell it coming. Truth, even if unflattering, will go a long way here. You can make or tank or a business on this site, seen it happen time and again.

Dude if was my company and you showed up in a thread I hosted and very politely(as you have)or even otherwise made me aware of a problem you had with my product I'd offer to warranty it and make it right on the spot. That's because I'd want to run a company which serves and values it's customer base so I don't get a reputation for shitty service you know like the one Robinson Arms has.

I wish you luck in your new position but you've got your work cut out for you. I'll never buy another Robinson product after sending in my M96 bolt/carrier that was recalled years ago only to never see again leaving me with a useless rifle that I could only sell off for parts.

Hey, shoot me an email and I will get our engineer to give you a ring! [email protected]

You have your work cut out for you sir.

If it ain't better than an AR or as good for less, it's gonna be hard sell. BTW, WFT happened to the Stoner M96 mockup you guys did? I was interested in it in the 90's, then it just dropped off the map? And what you guys did make wasn't what you advertised, it wasn't a Stoner it was something else that sort of looked like one. And all the conversions were never released, like the Bren mag conversion, belt fed conversion (wasn't this one?) QD barrels, caliber changes, folders and fixed, etc. It looked like a nice rifle. KAC has a new Stoner LMG but it's just that, an LMG.

A semi Stoner rifle would be nice IMO, the damn thing was more convertible than an AR. What happened? And how did Robinson stay in business the last 20 years BTW? Just curious.

I do wish you the best, we could use some quality mfg.'s. But I don't think a set screw to hold down a barrel is gonna cut it with this crowd. Good luck, welcome to the 'Hide, we like having mfg. reps around here. We will be giving you shit though, so be ready.

Please no smoke up asses or outright lies --we've seen that and smell it coming. Truth, even if unflattering, will go a long way here. You can make or tank or a business on this site, seen it happen time and again.

Standby, new things are coming and you might really like it! Most of the sales have been oversees, but we need to change that, and want to bring them back to the US.

Last edited:
I wish you luck in your new position but you've got your work cut out for you. I'll never buy another Robinson product after sending in my M96 bolt/carrier that was recalled years ago only to never see again leaving me with a useless rifle that I could only sell off for parts.

Do you still have the rifle, or is it all sold? Rob Arms has had some issues, but it has all been fixed and we hope to turn over a new leaf! Please shoot me an email directly at [email protected]

I always liked the looks of the XCR, never ended up buying one though. I remember talking to one of the reps at KCR years ago, and handling one of the rifles. If I recall correctly it was a fairly light weight rifle, which really appealed to me. I wish you luck in your endeavors, nice to see stuff that isn't an AR-15.

Do you still have the rifle, or is it all sold? Rob Arms has had some issues, but it has all been fixed and we hope to turn over a new leaf! Please shoot me an email directly at [email protected]

Thanks for the response but water under the bridge at this point. Sold off all the parts probably 7-8 years ago.

I tried various 223/.556 semiautos one year just for the heck of it. MSAR, ROB XCR, SIG and had my 15" AR i had already. Each had their goods and and not so good things.

LOL, after all that playing around with them in side by side's, I sold them all and kept the AR. The XCR held it's own in most ways but the build quality could have been better.

I hope for a cleaner turn out this time around.

I tried various 223/.556 semiautos one year just for the heck of it. MSAR, ROB XCR, SIG and had my 15" AR i had already. Each had their goods and and not so good things.

LOL, after all that playing around with them in side by side's, I sold them all and kept the AR. The XCR held it's own in most ways but the build quality could have been better.

I hope for a cleaner turn out this time around.

What model SIG?

It was the Sig 556 Patrol. Except for the trigger, which I adjusted as low as the mechanism would allow, I was pretty happy with it. The AR was twice as accurate, at 3/4"/100Y which was twice as accurate as any of the others.

In the last year the XCR has made a ton of accuracy upgrades. Hopefully when you get another you will see that!

I want a Stoner LMG so bad.

XCR is a nice little blaster. Bolt is very substantial on it.

you have your work cut out for you sir.

If it ain't better than an ar or as good for less, it's gonna be hard sell. Btw, wft happened to the stoner m96 mockup you guys did? I was interested in it in the 90's, then it just dropped off the map? And what you guys did make wasn't what you advertised, it wasn't a stoner it was something else that sort of looked like one. And all the conversions were never released, like the bren mag conversion, belt fed conversion (wasn't this one?) qd barrels, caliber changes, folders and fixed, etc. It looked like a nice rifle. Kac has a new stoner lmg but it's just that, an lmg.

A semi stoner rifle would be nice imo, the damn thing was more convertible than an ar. What happened? And how did robinson stay in business the last 20 years btw? Just curious.

I do wish you the best, we could use some quality mfg.'s. But i don't think a set screw to hold down a barrel is gonna cut it with this crowd. Good luck, welcome to the 'hide, we like having mfg. Reps around here. We will be giving you shit though, so be ready.

this post hits everything on the head....

ETA I'm not interested in an XCR but I will gladly buy an M96 and spare parts just in case you would stop making it again...

Last edited:
The real problem is overcoming the repeated "we fixed the problems, we got it right this time" Been down that road twice. 3 times would make me the idiot

Is this cockfag still in charge?

Dear XCR Fans:

As usual I don't have much time to bother with these sites. We've made a lot of much need changes at Robinson Armament Co. Before I address the changes, let me put things in perspective.

Robinson Armament could have made lots of money making AR-15 knockoffs. It would have been infinitely easier for us to have just made an upper receiver which would have fixed some but not all of the shortcomings of the AR-15. Instead, we ventured to make a better battle rifle. We began with the M96. The M96 was a tough project. It had a piston drive and a better bolt and ejector. However, it still retained many flaws that were inherent in Stoner's design. Many didn't buy the M96s because they were "too expensive" or "had ugly welds". Nevertheless, the M96 was a step in the right direction.

The XCR was designed almost totally from scratch. We make or have made almost every part, pin, and spring. The goals of the XCR were very ambitious. Especially, the modularity and multi-caliber aspects. I pose this question: How many other firms have really designed anything really new from scratch? FN, Remington, Bushmaster, Colt? The answer is none of them. (I must admit that at least FN has made the P90 and that 2000 Bullpup).

The fact is that almost every "new" rifle out there is based on someone else's work. The XCR is not. It is truly unique. Yes, it borrows some concepts from other rifles, but each part had to be designed without copying anything else to get the result we wanted. In short, Robinson Armament dared to challenge the establishment with a very different rifle.

Robinson Armament's efforts should have been embraced. However, from the beginning, we have nothing but crap on the internet. I distinctly remember posts on AR-15.com shortly after I announced the XCR. The post were that it was "Vaporware". Other posts exclaimed that it would never be built or never work as promised. Such posts made it very difficult to get the XCR off the ground and made people very skeptical of the new XCR.

Other posts exclaimed that we were going out of business. It seem that the whole rifle world was against us. I have often wondered why so much negativity for a new weapon platforms? It is as though people really don't want any new platforms. Thee people claim to want the best but all they do is whine. It is no wonder to me that others don't venture out with new designs - they are shot down before they begin.

It has been just over 5 years since the first XCR shipped. The XCR was not perfect and our processes and procedures for making it have not been perfect either. When we began the XCR, we had no manufacturing experience. Not only did we come up with a new and different rifle design, we had to learn to manufacture it.

I will say that learning to make the XCR has been equally or more demanding that designing it in the first place. It has taken over 5 years to get the XCR where it is. The XCR now shoots 4 calibers (we are just finishing testing 5.45x39mm). I shoots them all well. It has the best ergonomics on the planet, and the most modularity. It is also super reliable and durable.

With this background let me explain the much needed changes.

We spent much of this year retooling our shop to make XCR parts better and faster. Concurrently, we completely revamped our quality control, not only during making parts but during assembly and final testing. Every rifle that leaves our facility now is much more thoroughly tested. There should be few if any returns needed from this point forward.

In addition to making the rifle better, we have also gone through our complete staff and made the changes necessary to improve customer service which was sorely lacking. We have a completely new staff for sales and service who are eager to help. Turn around on any service problem will be very fast. To get fast service, read on.

I'd like to post just a few more comments regarding service. Some of you will not like these comments:

First, when you call for service, be polite. If you are not polite to my staff, I guaranty you will have a pleasant experience. Remember the old saying, "You can attract more files with honey that with vinegar." If you call with an attitude, my staff has been instructed to put you on the back burner. If you are nice and polite, you will get quicker service.

Second, please read the manual carefully. I know it's boring but there's important information there. Many people do not understand that you need to set the gas correctly for function and durability. It's really quite simple - put it on the setting that throws the brass 8 to 15 feet from the rifle for any given ammo. Do not just leave the gas system on the highest setting, If you do, for some ammo it will kick like hell, throw your brass 40 feet, give you trigger slap, and damage your recoil buffer (a cheap part).

Third, please send us the following information:

Name, Address, Email and Cell number;
Serial Number;
Signed Copy of your warranty Registration found in the last pages of the Operator's Manual; and
A complete description of the problem, BE BRIEF. If you write and essay about your vast knowledge of firearms base on your long time relationship with your AR-15, we won't read it.

We will authorize the return to us of part or all of your firearm. WE DO NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING TO US.

Fourth, if you post a bunch of whiny petty negative stuff here or anywhere, I guaranty very slow service. I have made that a policy. Yes, we've made lots of mistakes with service but that is behind us.

Now for some parting comments. I am very happy with the current state of the XCR. It continues to gain in popularity. A great part of our sales are to Military and Law Enforcement professionals. Though we've got the XCR to the point where is nearly perfect, we are not stopping. We will continue to perfect the platform and add accessories. Work continues on the XCR .308. It will be finished when it is perfect and we hope that will be soon.

We appreciate those who stand by and support us. They are true patriots. We have to question the motives of those who continue to tear us down on this forum. They cannot stop us. Their petty feeble minds are easily exposed. The XCR will gain momentum until it covers the whole earth. There is no other platform like it and it is the best.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
General Manager
Robinson Armament Co.

P.S. Don't expect me to read and respond to this post. It is for your information only.

I like many others gave the XCR a shot. The above message kinda killed it for me some time ago. Piss poor management from the top down.
I would suggest anyone considering this XCR platform, do a bit of research before buying into Robinson.

Lots of love for the XCR up here in Canada due to our ridiculous gun laws. Very pleased with my XCR-L keymods in 7.62x39 and XCR-M in 260 Rem.

What exactly does the XCR bring to the table that the SCAR, TAVOR, PWS Mk series, or even the Bushmaster ACR doesn't already do? Proprietary parts and designs from a company with a spotty record on reliability and customer service is not the right answer.

30 Cal, your comment implies, at least to me, that your under the impression the XCR is new. Its delivery to market was before all the rifles you mention IIRC. In some cases the XCR had features first. The ACR "borrowed" ideas from the XCR and pays royalties on the design infringement. It could have been a strong contender. But at least for me the giant swings of support were the crusher.

I had one. It was very good. Reminded me of a 555 FAL, done modern.

That said, I would be interested in a belt fed m96 at regular mag fed prices...

Is this cockfag still in charge?

Dear XCR Fans:

As usual I don't have much time to bother with these sites. We've made a lot of much need changes at Robinson Armament Co. Before I address the changes, let me put things in perspective.

Robinson Armament could have made lots of money making AR-15 knockoffs. It would have been infinitely easier for us to have just made an upper receiver which would have fixed some but not all of the shortcomings of the AR-15. Instead, we ventured to make a better battle rifle. We began with the M96. The M96 was a tough project. It had a piston drive and a better bolt and ejector. However, it still retained many flaws that were inherent in Stoner's design. Many didn't buy the M96s because they were "too expensive" or "had ugly welds". Nevertheless, the M96 was a step in the right direction.

The XCR was designed almost totally from scratch. We make or have made almost every part, pin, and spring. The goals of the XCR were very ambitious. Especially, the modularity and multi-caliber aspects. I pose this question: How many other firms have really designed anything really new from scratch? FN, Remington, Bushmaster, Colt? The answer is none of them. (I must admit that at least FN has made the P90 and that 2000 Bullpup).

The fact is that almost every "new" rifle out there is based on someone else's work. The XCR is not. It is truly unique. Yes, it borrows some concepts from other rifles, but each part had to be designed without copying anything else to get the result we wanted. In short, Robinson Armament dared to challenge the establishment with a very different rifle.

Robinson Armament's efforts should have been embraced. However, from the beginning, we have nothing but crap on the internet. I distinctly remember posts on AR-15.com shortly after I announced the XCR. The post were that it was "Vaporware". Other posts exclaimed that it would never be built or never work as promised. Such posts made it very difficult to get the XCR off the ground and made people very skeptical of the new XCR.

Other posts exclaimed that we were going out of business. It seem that the whole rifle world was against us. I have often wondered why so much negativity for a new weapon platforms? It is as though people really don't want any new platforms. Thee people claim to want the best but all they do is whine. It is no wonder to me that others don't venture out with new designs - they are shot down before they begin.

It has been just over 5 years since the first XCR shipped. The XCR was not perfect and our processes and procedures for making it have not been perfect either. When we began the XCR, we had no manufacturing experience. Not only did we come up with a new and different rifle design, we had to learn to manufacture it.

I will say that learning to make the XCR has been equally or more demanding that designing it in the first place. It has taken over 5 years to get the XCR where it is. The XCR now shoots 4 calibers (we are just finishing testing 5.45x39mm). I shoots them all well. It has the best ergonomics on the planet, and the most modularity. It is also super reliable and durable.

With this background let me explain the much needed changes.

We spent much of this year retooling our shop to make XCR parts better and faster. Concurrently, we completely revamped our quality control, not only during making parts but during assembly and final testing. Every rifle that leaves our facility now is much more thoroughly tested. There should be few if any returns needed from this point forward.

In addition to making the rifle better, we have also gone through our complete staff and made the changes necessary to improve customer service which was sorely lacking. We have a completely new staff for sales and service who are eager to help. Turn around on any service problem will be very fast. To get fast service, read on.

I'd like to post just a few more comments regarding service. Some of you will not like these comments:

First, when you call for service, be polite. If you are not polite to my staff, I guaranty you will have a pleasant experience. Remember the old saying, "You can attract more files with honey that with vinegar." If you call with an attitude, my staff has been instructed to put you on the back burner. If you are nice and polite, you will get quicker service.

Second, please read the manual carefully. I know it's boring but there's important information there. Many people do not understand that you need to set the gas correctly for function and durability. It's really quite simple - put it on the setting that throws the brass 8 to 15 feet from the rifle for any given ammo. Do not just leave the gas system on the highest setting, If you do, for some ammo it will kick like hell, throw your brass 40 feet, give you trigger slap, and damage your recoil buffer (a cheap part).

Third, please send us the following information:

Name, Address, Email and Cell number;
Serial Number;
Signed Copy of your warranty Registration found in the last pages of the Operator's Manual; and
A complete description of the problem, BE BRIEF. If you write and essay about your vast knowledge of firearms base on your long time relationship with your AR-15, we won't read it.

We will authorize the return to us of part or all of your firearm. WE DO NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING TO US.

Fourth, if you post a bunch of whiny petty negative stuff here or anywhere, I guaranty very slow service. I have made that a policy. Yes, we've made lots of mistakes with service but that is behind us.

Now for some parting comments. I am very happy with the current state of the XCR. It continues to gain in popularity. A great part of our sales are to Military and Law Enforcement professionals. Though we've got the XCR to the point where is nearly perfect, we are not stopping. We will continue to perfect the platform and add accessories. Work continues on the XCR .308. It will be finished when it is perfect and we hope that will be soon.

We appreciate those who stand by and support us. They are true patriots. We have to question the motives of those who continue to tear us down on this forum. They cannot stop us. Their petty feeble minds are easily exposed. The XCR will gain momentum until it covers the whole earth. There is no other platform like it and it is the best.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
General Manager
Robinson Armament Co.

P.S. Don't expect me to read and respond to this post. It is for your information only.

Hey all, this was written in a time where Alex was having issues with customers calling employees names and threatening them. While this could have been written a lot differently Alex decided this needed to be said this way. He hired me to fix the name, which has only grown in popularity since this post a long time ago.

If your going to base a product on 1 person instead of the actual products, well then that is your right. The XCR is by far the most modular rifle when it comes down to calibers and parts, so please get your hands on one and try it, then knock it if that is your opinion. Alex and the team have worked their asses off trying to perfect this, and I hope you can see that it has changed and we do listen to customers. Feel free to call or email us and see for yourself!

Reactions: MarshallX
Good effort, SargentQ. I’m not gonna hate on a guy doing his job. Show us what your precision rifles can do, let the targets speak for ya. Good luck.

I had an XCR-L for a number of years and enjoyed it very much. Can’t think of a single complaint with it. Only sold it out of boredom.