• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anonymous_

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2021
Next to Montana
I'm looking at buying the Rex Silentium MG7k suppressor. Anyone have any experience of running the .308 can shooting a 6.5 creed? Is it hearing safe? I'm looking for a hunting situation.

Also, I keep hearing about deals and promo codes. Has anyone heard anything about them?

Lastly, if anyone has experience with these guys concerning accuracy or general experience let me know. It's hard to find any 3rd party info like 3rd party metering.

I have not shot any groups with mine... Just shot steel with it. I have tested it on .308, 6.5 Creedmoor and 300WSM... It has been good on all of them. Loud, but not not ear ringing... quite tolerable.

I don’t have any experience with that exact can or cartridge, but I hunt with a 6.5 SAUM on a Sandman L. It’s a little louder than my 308 using the same can, but not enough to bother me, and definitely hearing safe.
I have a custom from Rex in jail, so I’ll be in a better place to comment on accuracy later this year hopefully.

I have not shot any groups with mine... Just shot steel with it. I have tested it on .308, 6.5 Creedmoor and 300WSM... It has been good on all of them. Loud, but not not ear ringing... quite tolerable.
Sweet, I think I might just get the dedicated .264 can for hunting and buy a bigger can for 30 cal guns like my .30-06 and future magnums. Glad to here it's not ringing loud. I only needed it quite enough to keep me safe over a couple shots a year. Thoughts on if it would be a good first can?

I don’t have any experience with that exact can or cartridge, but I hunt with a 6.5 SAUM on a Sandman L. It’s a little louder than my 308 using the same can, but not enough to bother me, and definitely hearing safe.
I have a custom from Rex in jail, so I’ll be in a better place to comment on accuracy later this year hopefully.
Definitely let us know how it goes when it gets out of jail. Where did you buy it from? Did you pay with crypto through Rex? Honestly, that's a big reason why I wanted to get a Rex.

Sweet, I think I might just get the dedicated .264 can for hunting and buy a bigger can for 30 cal guns like my .30-06 and future magnums. Glad to here it's not ringing loud. I only needed it quite enough to keep me safe over a couple shots a year. Thoughts on if it would be a good first can?
I like it ... It does really well for its size thats for sure.

I have a dedicated 6.5 can from them in jail right now as well. Hoping to get it in the next two months

PXL_20210204_193323910.jpg

I have the MG7. Certainly not hearing safe for 6.5. My Nomad with ebrake is hearing safe running 144 gr Bergers at 2850.

However, in 308... Yes, it's a lot more tame. I still wear ear pro if doing continuous firing.

As far as grouping... It's good to go with very little POI from my traditional brake (APA Gen3). This is 20 rounds on a 3/4 inch dot in 6GT. I direct thread. This was the first day I used the can just less than 2 weeks ago.
Ballistic-X-Export-2021-02-20 06:22:09.215762.jpg

I have a dedicated 6.5 can from them in jail right now as well. Hoping to get it in the next two months
Let me know how it goes. You might get yours before I place my order. My attorney is taking a while and I'm waiting until after I move to get the trust finalized.

View attachment 7561956

I have the MG7. Certainly not hearing safe for 6.5. My Nomad with ebrake is hearing safe running 144 gr Bergers at 2850.

However, in 308... Yes, it's a lot more tame. I still wear ear pro if doing continuous firing.

As far as grouping... It's good to go with very little POI from my traditional brake (APA Gen3). This is 20 rounds on a 3/4 inch dot in 6GT. I direct thread. This was the first day I used the can just less than 2 weeks ago.
View attachment 7561973
Interesting, your saying the .308 Rex mg7k isn't hearing safe on a 6.5 creed correct?

I'd take that group all day long. I still shoot minute of deer. I noticed that you were saying you direct thread. On this application I was going to direct thread to save weight. Have you done any testing to compare if different mounts and uses affect the POI?

On a long shot, I'm curious if anyone else has compared the Rex to YHM's or Energetic Arms Vox line. I'm still sticking to budget but high functioning cans because my hunting gear tends to get beat up over the 3-5 hunting seasons every year and I don't want to cry if I scratch it.

Interesting, your saying the .308 Rex mg7k isn't hearing safe on a 6.5 creed correct?

I'd take that group all day long. I still shoot minute of deer. I noticed that you were saying you direct thread. On this application I was going to direct thread to save weight. Have you done any testing to compare if different mounts and uses affect the POI?
No, there is still a good bit of not-hearing-safe pop on the first couple rounds. It's bearable with lightweight muffs or as a spectator behind the shooter. But still not quiet like a Nomad or TBAC. Maybe in a one-shot hunting situation it would be okay but you know what they say about hearing... it only takes one accident and that sound is gone forever.

I only DT at this time. I do have a Maverick on the way and will soon be switching over to their Hellfire/Sidewinder system but I don't expect much POI changes, if any.

Reactions: DIBBS
On a long shot, I'm curious if anyone else has compared the Rex to YHM's or Energetic Arms Vox line. I'm still sticking to budget but high functioning cans because my hunting gear tends to get beat up over the 3-5 hunting seasons every year and I don't want to cry if I scratch it.
Funny you ask. I also have the YHM Turbo. With the Rex and the Turbo, it is by far the best priced, best performing cans dollar for dollar out there. You would not be disappointed in either case.

Definitely let us know how it goes when it gets out of jail. Where did you buy it from? Did you pay with crypto through Rex? Honestly, that's a big reason why I wanted to get a Rex.
I bought directly from Rex, but did not pay with crypto. My entire reason for buying from them was their MGX custom suppressor. You pick the bore size and number of baffles. There are not a lot of options for .338 suppressors, so I got a .338 bore with 11 baffles, which will be a bit shorter than the typical .338 Lapua suppressor.

I bought directly from Rex, but did not pay with crypto. My entire reason for buying from them was their MGX custom suppressor. You pick the bore size and number of baffles. There are not a lot of options for .338 suppressors, so I got a .338 bore with 11 baffles, which will be a bit shorter than the typical .338 Lapua suppressor.
That's cool. I wish I was cool enough to shoot something that big. The MGX is a sweet option. It's almost worth it to me for the extra fees just to get a custom serial number. Have you noticed any significant first round pop?

No, there is still a good bit of not-hearing-safe pop on the first couple rounds. It's bearable with lightweight muffs or as a spectator behind the shooter. But still not quiet like a Nomad or TBAC. Maybe in a one-shot hunting situation it would be okay but you know what they say about hearing... it only takes one accident and that sound is gone forever.

I only DT at this time. I do have a Maverick on the way and will soon be switching over to their Hellfire/Sidewinder system but I don't expect much POI changes, if any.
Super interesting. I hadn't heard of first round pop until you mentioned it yesterday. With the Rex is it something where you would say that the sound doubles? It's noticeable but isn't twice as loud? I looked pretty heavy into the previous generation of Rex cans and based upon the metering data I found they were borderline hearing safe on the first round. Extrapolating the data I found to the new cans would mean they wouldn't be hearing safe on the first round using the .308 can shooting 6.5 creed but would be if it was 6.5 creed out of the 6.5 can.

Also, I looked into the TBAC line a bit and I'm interested. Looks pretty sweet and super light which is nice. Very little FRP from the metering I found.

That's cool. I wish I was cool enough to shoot something that big. The MGX is a sweet option. It's almost worth it to me for the extra fees just to get a custom serial number. Have you noticed any significant first round pop?
Well, the reason I want a smaller .338 suppressor is because it’s going on my .338 Federal hog rifle, which is not very big. The .338 Federal is super quiet with a suppressor designed for the Lapua, but it’s overkill. The .338 Federal uses about half the powder of the Lapua.
Mine is still in jail, so we’ll see about the FRP around the end of the year.

I just shot my Mg7 .308 on my 18.5” 6.5 Creedmoor and “16 5.56 and it was noticeably more quiet than my Yhm Reaonator K. I have to say as much as I like my Yhm I’m going to have to give the nod to the Mg7.

I have a MG7. 308 and .264 in jail now. I will be using a Plan B with cherry bomb. I originally bought the .308 but for the price figured I'd add the .264 for my .224v bolt gun. .. I really wanted a Trash Panda or Jumbo Shrimp but not for double the price.

Reactions: chevy327
Is there really much benefit with a 264 vs a 30cal bore? I'm thinking of getting the mg7 30cal to put on my 6.5s and 22s.

Reactions: chevy327
Hopefully I will find out in 5-8 months:). ... I just placed an order for one in .264 too....

.. Originally I got the mg7k in .308 to use primarily on .308/.224v Fix and minifix and maybe later pickup a 6.5 creed.. but then as luck should have it i got a great deal on 2 plan Bs so I started looking at the .264 can to use with the .224v. On Rex's site it has DB numbers listed and the smaller bore shows to be quieter on the smaller calibers.

My guess is there will be slightly more back pressure but that doesn't seem to matter much if any on bolt guns.

I have also been looking at the Q Jumbo Shrimp and this seems like a Great budget Jumbo Shrimp!

Greetings,
I have the same Rex Silentium can in .30cal. I shoot my real 6.5, the .260Rem with it all the time. Works just fine.

Is there really much benefit with a 264 vs a 30cal bore? I'm thinking of getting the mg7 30cal to put on my 6.5s and 22s.
From all the tests I've seen yes, it will drop it a couple DB. BUT... Will YOU ever really notice a couple decibels at your ears when the sound is already over 130 DB? Most-likely not.

Another thing to consider... You can call Rex and they now offer special ordering of your can with a removable end cap for a slight upcharge...And they can sell you different interchangeable end caps for it. So, you might consider a .30 cal can, with a removable end cap, and order a 6.5mm and 22 end cap for it.

I was originally planning on doing a .30 cal can for the versatility. However, when you look at Rex’s .30 cal shorty can it’s not hearing safe with a .308 win. So that ended up pushing me to just ordering a .264 and then a larger .308 can later that will actually be hearing safe on .308. Might as well just empty all the pockets and get the best for both situations rather than have one that mostly works most of the time.

I've got 5 Rex cans and 3 of them are MG7's, 2 in .224" and 1 in .264". The 264 on my 6.5 creed, 140's going 2860, is entirely hearing safe IMHO, I've shot a couple matches with it now and my teammates have commented how pleasant the tone is compared to other cans we run. I'm also running a 224 on a 18" AR in 223, and the other one on my 10" AK in 556. The AR is pleasant to shoot without muffs, the AK is still running a stock gas piston which is grossly overgassed suppressed now, but it's got a bit of loud pop/hiss each shot but I think a adjustable piston can help tame it.

20210118_123439.jpg

20210301_181515.jpg

20210301_181436.jpg