• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Riddle me this... Eastern Tennessee

That's your best bet then as far as crops go. He'll prolly either tell you to cut wagon wheels or 50x50 plots depending on the style of hunting you prefer. Box blinds are better for wagon wheels and plots, but crossings will prolly require individual stands. Since you say you have timber, then you own the bedding area and you will just have to find egress and ingress trails into/out of it. Other than that, you've obviously got the money to do it right but still understand it will take time to develop accurate patterned crossings.
200 acres unrestricted.

Me and these critters will most certainly learn to dance.

And I will do my best to honor this land. There is a LONG history here-and folks will be respected. All along the way.

Again, the good Lord has a sense of humor I do not always understand-but I respect and it will all be honored here.

Reactions: RedTimber
Yes, as all things are according to His will.
Good luck hunting. Maybe you'll break a full limit in your first season there.
200 acres unrestricted.

Me and these critters will most certainly learn to dance.

And I will do my best to honor this land. There is a LONG history here-and folks will be respected. All along the way.

Again, the good Lord has a sense of humor I do not always understand-but I respect and it will all be honored here.

Reactions: Not a Sniper
From personal experience, I have managed land close to your area for 15+ years and planting crops becomes more expensive than buying quality supplements/attractants and minerals from Purina, Evolved, etc. Ultimately depends on your style of hunting, but mountain deer (those around the Appalachian) are not as lazy as plains deer and will require different level of highly concentrated nutrients than the latter mentioned.
Morgan county isn't quite the same if I understand what I read and saw.

I will likely do a green house to help along the way-it really depends on what I see on first dig.

But, it isn't quite the "mountains." Hoping for the best next year-we'll see. My land is very, uhhh, "gentle" between hills and likely not so rocky. Again, I'll know soon enough.

The land, I wish to scar minimally to accommodate me-it will remain forest 99%. I am clearing what I need to live-the rest remains the same as it is today.

Reactions: RedTimber
You got the wrong guy. After retiring from the Army I had the babies in the family and landed back here so they could be around family. It was a mistake, but they are flying the nest and I damn sure do not belong here.
My brother is heading to Alabama from Georgia in a few weeks, he got a decent place on 45 acres for a decent price. Tennessee was his second choice for a place to live.

I live in Ms but very interested in the same question