• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ridgeline Defense RD-15 LPR

I'm going to have to get one of the FDE ones, they look like an amazing rifle!

I'm going to have to get one of the FDE ones, they look like an amazing rifle!

PNG image.jpeg

You might have to hold your breath. Only one in existence at the moment…and she’s mine.

Well could it be improved on? Yes, I mean that’s how we got to this point of development, we took ideas already in play and made some improvements. Improvements are always a balance between performance gains and efficiency in effort, especially in regards to actually bring something to production.

Important things to note is what you see on the prototype in terms of fouling is 5000+ rounds of SURG and accuracy testing. The roll pin hole obviously leaks a little initially as the system fouls but seals up as carbon fouling builds. Additionally when you take into account how much easier a traditional gas tube and roll pin is in regards to manufacturing, it’s a compromise that makes sense. You gain a better gas system with marginal effort rather than building the “perfect” one at a cost that is 3-5x the price.

Here’s a closer look at the gas leakage. As you can see the tapered gas block does a great job and does the lion’s share of sealing it up. Again the roll pin and gas tube exhibit an expected amount of leakage but remember that’s an entire day of like 150+ magazines.
View attachment 8388767
I mean for the price point, just go full KAC gas system. All that just to step on your dick with a TDP-style tube.

I mean for the price point, just go full KAC gas system. All that just to step on your dick with a TDP-style tube.
Thanks for the design consolation doc, checks in the mail. 🙄

There’s good reason (even beyond patent infringement) why one might want to in corporate certain elements and avoid others. Only change I’d look back to make is a straight gas tube and that’s simply for convenience, not even performance.

Eh bubble flare with A/N fittings can’t be patented (can it? I’m not an IP lawyer) and they let the E3 patent expire a while ago 😆

Which is literally (pretty sure I am using that word correctly here) why I said there’s good reason “even beyond patent infringement”.
I don’t read good, but it’s not infringement if it’s expired.

Either way, the min/maxing of a flare fitting gas tube is kinda gamesmanship isn’t it? What's a KAC gas system cost in parts these days...probably $350ish for the block, castle nut, tube, and flare fittings.