• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle raffle to benefit Ian McMurchy's widow

Quig

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2008
I’ve tried 3 times to contact mods or admin and couldn’t get a reply so I’m posting this info. If there is a problem with this then mods or admin, feel free to do with it as you please.
===========================================================================
Ian McMurchy, long time writer, contributor to the gun world, a LRH moderator and contributor and a giant of a man passed away on 12-19-2008. He will be forever missed and has left a huge hole in our community. You can read many articles and hunting stories by Ian at LongRangeHunting.com Ian had countless articles published as well as many magazine cover photos. Ian also worked closely with many of our gun sport manufacturers on a long list of items.

In conjunction with Thompson Center, the members of LongRangeHunting.com are putting on a raffle to benefit Ian’s widow and family. All proceeds go to Ian's widow in remembrance of Ian and his huge contribution to the shooting world.

Because of the fact that Ian worked so closely with TC in designing the Icon, TC has donated two TC ICON Precision Hunter rifles to LongRangeHunting.com to be raffled off with all proceeds going to Ian’s widow.

Ian also worked closely with Nikon in developing their new scope lines and Nikon has donated 2 scopes and 2 rangefinders for the rifle packages.

What we are doing is creating two separate rifle packages for the raffle and we are trying to make each package as large and interesting to shooters/hunters as possible.

You can see the raffle info and purchase chance here: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f102/here-raffle-chance-order-page-39956/

Thank you for your consideration in this matter and I hope you buy chances as it benefits Ian’s widow.

Re: Rifle raffle to benefit Ian McMurchy's widow

SH is doing a similar thing through GA Precision, so we will also have a rifle to raffle off.

I don't know who you tried to contact but I have no received anything.

I never received anything either.

Who the hell is Quig? And if he is asking for something why does he not show us some courtesy and fill out his member profile completely.

It's still there to support Ian's widow, please don't dogpile on anyone over the situation, it's really minor in the big picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SH is doing a similar thing through GA Precision, so we will also have a rifle to raffle off.

I don't know who you tried to contact but I have no received anything. </div></div>
At the bottom of the page is "Contact us". That is what I used and it came back each time as refused and undeliverable. Maybe it's a problem with my software or maybe it's a problem with your link.

Familiarity with a site is nice but a newcomer doesn't always know every little nook and cranny nor who is who and who to contact. Thus, I used the "Contact us" you provide. Might want to try it and see if it works, as it didn't work for me.

I have heard that you are also doing a raffle and if this in any way interferes with yours, then feel free to delete it.

Didn't come here to ruffle any feathers or give you any grief over my request. I just came to offer you guys a chance at a nice gun and also a chance to help out Ian's widow and family.

If this isn't something you want to partake in then just wait for the SH raffle, but buy chances on at least one of the raffles and help out a great guy's family.

Lowlight, I'll be watching for your raffle and I will buy chances at it.

I didnt get anything either!!
smile.gif