• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only FTW Sling! Update New Video/8-22-14

This is an awesome sling. I had a chance to run one early on and those of you who question the bungee should try one first. I didn't know about it either until I tried it. Mine will have the bungee section. It makes adjustments faster for me because I have tension over a greater adjustment range when tensioning the entire sling.

Ordered one. I like how you're able to quicly adjust the length while strapped in. I was actually considering butchering both my TIS slip cuff and VTAC slings to try to make this happen on my own, glad I don't have to now.

This will hopefully replace the TAB biathlon sling I'm running on a 20 pound rifle.

I received mine and its really well thought out. I love that it has two separate adjustment points at both the front and rear. The cuff design/keeper is great. Why nobody else has ever figured this out is beyond me. It will not slip down your arm. The only thing I was hoping for was that the bungee would be a little more stretchy than it is.

Overall it's the best sling out right now in my opinion.

I needed a couple of things and called the guys at RO(note to self.....dont use a perfectly good sling as a temp leash for a young lab). Got a rear bag and the bungee version on order. Thanks to the folks at RO for the time and help.

Is anyone bringing some of these to sell at K&M this weekend? I've been in the market for a new sling.

So stupid question, but why do you attach the sling on the right side of the rifle and loop it around as opposed to the left side? Seems like it would cause the rifle to twist when carrying it. I can see where it might be an advantage when slung up, but I've never tried it since I haven't had issue when shooting slung using one from the left side.

I keep mine attached on the left side for carry except when i sling up with the loop then i move it to the right side. When you attach the sling to the right side if you a righty it helps with proper hand position and to pull the rifle over to the centerline. Just make sur that if you keep it on the left side you put a half twist in the sling so all the adjustment hardware is on the inside of your arm.
Thanks for the question.

I've been slinging my rifles like that for a while with my tab sling as well. It doesn't really effect the carry across the chest. Stays right side up fine but when going positional I find it lays across the hand/arm more effectively during hasty style use which for me, is how I use a rifle sling more. I don't generally have time to dick around getting into a text book sling position but the benefit of having it on for barricades and less then ideal positions is there for certain.

I keep mine attached on the left side for carry except when i sling up with the loop then i move it to the right side. When you attach the sling to the right side if you a righty it helps with proper hand position and to pull the rifle over to the centerline. Just make sur that if you keep it on the left side you put a half twist in the sling so all the adjustment hardware is on the inside of your arm.
Thanks for the question.

I see, makes sense. I put a half a twist on my Turner NM sling when shooting high power so I'd imagine it's a similar concept. Thanks.

Kinda off subject but are the FTW rear bags 100% Made in USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received more OD Green FTW Bungee slings today! I have to Thank everyone for ther reviews and kind words. We have been overwhelmed by how well these are being received.
Thank you
James

Insurgent taken at 240yds standing off tripod with ftw sling. Very solid...I am loving this sling.

This system looks very similar to my TAG sling except for the bungee. Is that the main/only difference? Even if it is that might make a world of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tab sling is great. The FTW has a lock for the upper bicep rather than a slider. It also has the bungee. There is also the ability to change attachments to fit various rifles. The attachments are not sewn in. The new polymer buckle has a 500# breaking strength and doesn't make as much noise as the metal buckle. All in all, it's just a sling. You still have to drive the rifle. This just has a few extra features that makes it easy to use.

Last edited:
This system looks very similar to my TAG sling except for the bungee. Is that the main/only difference? Even if it is that might make a world of difference.

paindoc,
Here are some of the differences of The FTW Sling and a TAB.
1. None of the attachments are sewn in. You can change out without any additional purchase saving you money.
2. The ability to snug the rifle to the body and not have to come out of the sling to take a firing position due to the Bungee streaching to let you get the rifle into the shoulder pocket. Now on the Tab Slings are good slings but they will not let you do that. This feature has a bunch of benifits. When the rifle is pushed from the body and around you it provides positive rear pressure from the rifle to the shoulder pocket. Also providing that rear pressure will alow you to isolate your trigger finger instead of the amount of pressure you have on the rifle to pull to seat in the shoulder pocket. Another great use is when you have to manipulate the bolt or mag change since the rifle is being positively pulled back in the pocket you will not have to support the back end of the rifle to do so. The increased stability with the rifle from a positional is outstanding. The Bungee portion of the FTW sling will also decrease felt weight when carrying the rifle because it give a little, Its not ridgid. It's also not square at the back end cutting into your neck.
3.You will notice we aslo took out a lot of the hadrware (triglides, buckles) from the back half. That's where we carry the rifle and causes the most discomfort when carrying.
4.The sling loop slider was replaced with a cam buckle. One of the biggiest complaints i had and heard was that the sling loop would and will come off the bicep due to it not locking in. So we replaced it with the locking cam. Once its tightend and locked in its not coming off till you release it. Now when we replaced that slider with a cam buckle it also gave us the ability to change the size and length of the sling to fit any size person or situation at a moments notice. The FTW sling will shrink or expand to fit the longest rifles or all the way down to a single point carbine if needed without have to make any adjustments other then pulling on the tab. There is only about 6" of travel on a TAB RAS without taking it off and adjusting it.

Now i designed this sling to provide the shooter to have the most ajustability possible in the shortest amount of time while increaseing stability in positional and the ability to go from snug carry to shooting position without having to take it off. Also if i could relieve some of the felt weight. As in competition, hunting and battlefield,time and opportunity dictates everything. If i have to take off the sling to adjust or to get in position that is extra movements and time that we don't have. If i can't get as stable as possible RTFN then i'll lose time that we just don't have.
Thank You for the question and i hope i answered them all. As always if you have more questions please feel free to PM me or Call me at Rifles Only
James

diverdon,
At this time we are not able to offer a Group Buy discount. We may in the future. I will keep everyone posted if and when we do.
Thank you for your question.
James
Rifles Only

I got mine a few weeks back (black one) You guys didn't have them on the site yet but I was able to order on the phone.
The major selling point for me was the locking buckle on the bicep loop.
It is hands down the best innovation in a sling I have ever seen.
As a smaller person I was struggling with getting things cinched up with my TAB sling and with all the adjustable locking pull tabs on this sling all my previous issues were solved.
I am going to buy a few more in different colors just because I like it so much.

I shot with this sling yesterday, and it worked great, really like it. The only complaint I have, and it's not a huge deal is that the cam buckles dinged the hell out of the finish of the rifle during transport while it was in the case. Not sure what can be done about that. FWIW, I took a look at my carbine with a VTAC sling, and that cam buckle had made marks too. Not a huge deal either way.

Just wanted to give a update that all slings are in-stock and ready to ship. As always we love hearing or seeing feedback from the end user.
Thanks
James
Rifles Only

How much is just the bungee section? If I already had the sling without the burgee in it and I was going to use my half of the buckle and flush cup what would you charge me for just that section?

Good Morning everyone,
Just wanted to put a little update out there for everyone.
First here is my email [email protected] and Personal Cell Phone 253-777-9266. Now if you ever have a question, a concern, or just need attention RTFN please email,text or call me. Second I stand behind all FTW products 100%. Our Liftime warrenty is just that Lifetime. If from the day you buy it till the end of time if ever something is wrong we will get it fixed at no cost to you ever. If you buy from one of our dealers (covered) given it (covered) however you came into possession of FTW Gear (covered). All FTW Gear is made 100% in the USA. The FTW line is built for shooters by shooters.
Thanks for all your support
James
Rifles Only

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you guys know I got in the FTW today and put it on the precision rifle to try it out here at the house.

IMO it is soooooo much easier for me to use the FTW than my other sling! I'm one of those kind of people that hates jacking around with stuff, especially trying to readjust other types of slings for different positions. I'd find them frustrating and distracting and would usually end up with the sling either too tight or too loose, too loose the sling is about useless, too tight and no choice but to take valuable time to readjust or abort using the sling altogether. I also hate using shooting jackets and having to hook in at the shoulder to keep the sling from sliding down the arm. The other sling I'm referring to is a popular and well made sling BTW. I even got so tired of using it I quit using it except just to carry the rifle.

The FTW has solved all those problems! You don't realize how much more steady the rifle is by just having the sling snugged up to fit perfectly and all done in seconds while the rifle is shouldered.

I am amazed that something like this wasn't invented 50 years ago??!!

Thanks Thanks Thanks for the FTW!!!

The only complaint I have, and it's not a huge deal is that the cam buckles dinged the hell out of the finish of the rifle during transport while it was in the case. Not sure what can be done about that. FWIW, I took a look at my carbine with a VTAC sling, and that cam buckle had made marks too. Not a huge deal either way.

Cut a piece of bicycle innertube and slide it down over the cam buckle. It shouldn't prohibit any movement or function of the buckle at all and will protect your finish

Wanted to give a big congratulations to Deadnbrkn84 (Jeremy Bentham) for his Second place finish at 2014 2nd annual Matt Karstetter Field Match. He also placed 2nd at the TBRC. Great shooting.
2h6hswh.jpg

Last edited:
Any ETA on the carbine version? I'm holding off on another VCAS as I really like the bungee.

It's going to be at least 3-4 weeks. A couple of the parts sill need to be made and we are waiting on supplier to fill our order.

I'm typically pretty resistant to the newest coolest slings that require engineering degrees to operate, or solve problems I haven't had, but THIS MF'er looks like it's my huckleberry.

I bought one and they are so good I got a second one.
I used it at K&M precision rifle school and It worked like a charm. No slipping off my upper arm which is always a pain in the ass.

There are so many slings, and as Jacob put so succinctly-you still have to drive the rifle!
I toyed with the idea of producing a sling with a cam lock years back, but didn't want to dive into the "great sling wars" again. Tony and Mike's slings were great staples of the market for years, and they and others have made tweaks shooters have asked for over time.
This looks to be an interesting addition to the market. I switch up between my old TAB slings and my SAP G2 sling depending on mood and need.
As long as no one at Rifles Only ever refers to FTW as "for the win" instead of the acronym's true meaning I'd be interested in trying one out one if these days!

There are so many slings, and as Jacob put so succinctly-you still have to drive the rifle!
I toyed with the idea of producing a sling with a cam lock years back, but didn't want to dive into the "great sling wars" again. Tony and Mike's slings were great staples of the market for years, and they and others have made tweaks shooters have asked for over time.
This looks to be an interesting addition to the market. I switch up between my old TAB slings and my SAP G2 sling depending on mood and need.
As long as no one at Rifles Only ever refers to FTW as "for the win" instead of the acronym's true meaning I'd be interested in trying one out one if these days!

i thought that too until i put this one to use. not all slings are equal

Trust me, neither Jacob nor Jim believes "FTW" stands for anything about winning. Sleep well knowing they are balls deep in "the world".

Thanks for really taking care of you customers

James, we spoke today about the Elite Sling that I bought from you. I really appreciate the way you treated me on the sling today. It is refreshing to deal with honest people in today's world. My son will greatly appreciate the sling and I look forward to trying your new sling shortly (I just just paid for half of my sons rifle and am a little stretched.) I am glad that there are people like you and company's like Rifles Only, that you look forward to supporting and doing business with.

I look forward to meeting you for some training in Sacramento this October.

Best Wishes

David Sawyer
Napa, Ca

Dave,
It was my pleasure to talk to you today and look forward to seeing you in OCT. If there is anything else I can do please don't hesitate to call or pm or email me. As I have in this thread I will again just so it doesn't get lost. Here is our work number 361-595-5472 personal cell 253-777-9266 and my email [email protected].