• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only FTW Sling! Update New Video/8-22-14

Guys, as you'd expect, customer service was once again exceptional from James and Rifles Only. I'd sent a question verifying what I needed; got a super fast, helpful response; placed my order and it was delivered like one day later.

Now the only trick is going to be getting it back from my girlfriend once I'm home. I have a feeling she'll be "attached" to it by then. There are worse things than having to buy a second one I guess.

Thanks for everything James!

iPUp0tcuwb28X.jpg

You'd hate to see my rifles then lol. They are tools bro not fragile babies

Looks nice.
Will the bungee part work well when carrying the rifle in the "standard" way ( muzzle up)¿
How much does the sling weigh¿
Thanks

Yes it will,
It was designed so when you wear your rifle muzzle up on your back the buckle would be in the center of your chest.Now to have the muzzle up would mean, no ,the bungee part would be at the bottem of the rifle. Now if you have it on front of you muzzle down or on your back muzzle down then Yes the bungee will reduce perceived weight. Sling weighs 11oz
Thanks
James
Rifles Only

Ok, new video showing how the FTW can be used in the prone position. With many other slings on the market if your carrying the rifle in the slung position in front of you body muzzle down and snug to your body, you have to come out of the sling to get in position. With the FTW Bungee sling you can go from carry to position without have to loosen or come out of the sling. A couple of the benefits of this is the lost time messing with gear and the sling will help provide stability when not using a rear bag.Also the sling will provide positive rear pressure to the shoulder pocket. We did a short video of a modified prone/ Hawkins position as a hasty shoot. If you have any question or would like to see a video let us know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rx7njRX5W0&list=UU6sQAoBANdAstOMwlVWqPGg
Thanks
James
Rifles Only

Yes it will,
It was designed so when you wear your rifle muzzle up on your back the buckle would be in the center of your chest.Now to have the muzzle up would mean, no ,the bungee part would be at the bottem of the rifle. Now if you have it on front of you muzzle down or on your back muzzle down then Yes the bungee will reduce perceived weight. Sling weighs 11oz
Thanks
James
Rifles Only

Just an idea, but I believe I have that same issue with a TAB sling. I prefer to carry mine muzzle up because I've carried it muzzle down and had it smack rocks and other crap that lives down low. I'd prefer to bump a rubber pad against something like that than the muzzle, crown, or suppressor. Take into account that with some of the more prevalent competition calibers these days, the 6.5s and 6s guys are running long barrels which puts that crown and can even closer to the ground carried muzzle down. Perhaps a second version of the same sling? Maybe set up for muzzle up carry?

LawnMM,
I took a look at the sling yesterday trying to come up with a way to make this work and i think i have it figured out and can do it as a custom made.
Give me a call (361)595-5472 and i'll go over it with you.
Thanks
James
Rifles Only

I'm trying to figure out how to set it up comfortably on an ax 14 butt stock.

It attaches right at the cheek.

LawnMM,
I took a look at the sling yesterday trying to come up with a way to make this work and i think i have it figured out and can do it as a custom made.
Give me a call (361)595-5472 and i'll go over it with you.
Thanks
James
Rifles Only

Will do shortly!

Looks like a great sling. I have some I like for one reason or another and it likes like you've combined all the best features and improved on some of them along the way. Might have to check one out in person

Just received my new FTW sling and love it. There are two big things I like about it. First is that I can very easily tighten it up so it lays close to my back when carrying cross shoulder muzzle up. I like to carry this way when walking through the woods when I'm trying to get where I'm going and not "hunting." Biggest beef with old slings is that if I adjusted it for better carry, I'd lose my tension when shooting from a standing/kneeling position and have to readjust. Plus adjustments weren't always easy. So the gun would be strung on my back and flop around or bang off trees if I wasn't paying attention. Now I grab a strap, pull, and the rifle is nice and snug. It's just as easy to let out the slack. Second, I can take it from muzzle down across my chest to a firing position like right now. My rifle is an all purpose so it's a 12+ pound hunting rifle during deer season. In order to walk with it and be ready to fire, I have to carry it without the sling. Gets heavy after a while. With this sling (bungee version), I can now carry it across my chest like I would my AR and be able to bring it up to a firing position without having to make any adjustments to the sling.

It does have a lot of pulls hanging off it that may or may not get caught on packs and such, and I haven't mastered releasing the cuff yet (it is a very nice and secure cuff though). Also, all the parts seem to be nice sturdy metal but the buckle. Looks like a cobra buckle like I have on my riggers belt that is made of polymer. Works perfectly, just curious to see how it holds up during heavy use.

If you're in the market for a new rifle sling, this is a very good sling to get your hands on. I wasn't in the market for one, but saw this thread and gave it a try. Very glad I did. Got mine at Triad Tactical.

Ordered one with a custom modification, will report back when I get my hands on it

Thank you all for the great comments as well as the recommendations. We have a few new products that we will be announcing in the coming weeks! We will keep trying to put the gear out there that we can. It helps a little when we see the good and bad things with gear almost on a daily basis.

Thank you all for the great comments as well as the recommendations. We have a few new products that we will be announcing in the coming weeks! We will keep trying to put the gear out there that we can. It helps a little when we see the good and bad things with gear almost on a daily basis.

Oh really....... DO TELL :D

I'm trying to figure out how to set it up comfortably on an ax 14 butt stock.

It attaches right at the cheek.
What ended being the best method for you to attach the sling? The first thing I noticed when I saw the new butt stock was the awkward location of the attachment points.

I ordered my new bungee sling from James on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. Going to try it out Sunday and already just by adjusting the length and trying it out with my tripod, it feels like a great sling. My 14lb rifle did feel lighter when slung across my chest, muzzle down. I'm interested to see what other FTW gear they come out with. Thanks James, Lisa and RO.

Fellas, wondering how these bungee slings are holding up carrying around 20+ pound rifles? Would I be better off ordering the non bungee style if I will be using the sling for 75% carrying and 25% positional shooting?

Thanks!

I think the bungee is one of the best parts of the sling, you can convert it to regular later if you want but I'd start with the bungee. Being able to press into positions is nice.

Would you reco this for a sling used for hunting as well? I have flush cups so was thinking i could swap ends while packing in/out if i wanted to carry muzzle up but still get the benefit of the bungee load dampening. thoughts?

Why would you need to swap ends? The bungee is awesome for carry and awesome for positions. I would change anything nor should you need to. That's the whole point of the sling the way it is.

I'd switch ends because you won't get the load dampening benefit of the bungee if it is near the butt down end while carrying the rifle muzzle up. I was inquiring about switching ends only for packing/hiking into an area while carrying the butt down so the bungee would be closer to the fore-end and thus over my shoulder to aid in the load dampening effects. I have flush cups so switching would take 2sec and once into the hunting area, I could switch back to bungee near the butt to assist with slinging properly for shooting.

I have a shotgun sling with a neoprene shoulder strap and it provides significant help in dampening the load assuming you have it over your shoulder so it can provide the proper stretching between the anchor point (your shoulder) and the load. Makes a major difference after walking miles with it versus a non load-dampening sling so i get the benefits of the bungee.

They can make you a custom run for an extra 25 or so with the bungee at the front

Ronin, I don't want to come on your thread, tossing around competing products, but I need to get some honest information on this compared to something I am familiar with...

I've used the TIS quick-cuff slings... I've been reasonably happy with them...

Can someone give a sort of honest comparison of what each sling has going for it against the other sling? I mean, I see some things about this sling that look great (the bungie and built-in loop), but everything has a downside and upside... For example, the loop on the TIS sling being a separate item- handy because you can leave it attached to your person, but it doesn't always stay put, and it will invariably end up flopping around at some point if left attached to the sling. On this sling, I'm imagining the bungie section may make it difficult to have as solid of a lock-up as others.

Just looking for a sort of highs and lows evaluation. I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying one (or a few) of these anyway... if for no other reason that it appears VERY robust AND comfortable, but I also don't like surprises! :)

Ronin, I don't want to come on your thread, tossing around competing products, but I need to get some honest information on this compared to something I am familiar with...

Kind of a dick thing to do when a mfg. is supporting the hide. Start your own thread or reach out to the mfg. who has been thoughtful enough to provide an amazing level of access to contact him personally. I'm sure these guys will answer any questions you have with class, but I just had to speak up for how we treat the people who are doing right by the community.

DP425,
You can call me anytime and I can go rover some of the differences I our slings to others. The TIS is a great sling and been a staple for a long time. I have a class starting in the morning in CA but I will be more then happy to go over the sling and any questions you may have.
Thanks
James
(253)777-9266
Rifles Only

Kind of a dick thing to do when a mfg. is supporting the hide. Start your own thread or reach out to the mfg. who has been thoughtful enough to provide an amazing level of access to contact him personally. I'm sure these guys will answer any questions you have with class, but I just had to speak up for how we treat the people who are doing right by the community.
Guess I'm a dick then.

When a manufacture starts a thread like this on a site... like this... They are going to expect frank and open discussion on the product they are introducing. Ronin isn't going to answer that question (it was more intended for what others observe) in an open forum, for several reasons- the least of which is that, in this industry, it's not generally acceptable to bad-mouth the products of other people. As well, there are also likely some legal constraints with such direct comparisons. However, given the nature of the net, it is not unreasonable to expect open discussion here from other members about NOT just the positive attributes of a product, but also some of the possible short comings. Yes, they are supporting members, but that doesn't earn them a thread where ONLY the positive aspects of their product can be discussed. When you introduce a new product, you expect the audience to give feedback- positive and negative. And really, I wasn't even asking for negative feedback, more along the lines of what trade-offs this set-up has vs a known entity, and how this set-up may address the trade-offs of the known entity. There are no free lunches, perfection in all aspects does not exist...

Sad I have to explain this.

Last edited:
DP425,
You can call me anytime and I can go rover some of the differences I our slings to others. The TIS is a great sling and been a staple for a long time. I have a class starting in the morning in CA but I will be more then happy to go over the sling and any questions you may have.
Thanks
James
(253)777-9266
Rifles Only

TM

I'll try to make that call!

Or I might just spring for the sling anyway and check it out first hand. The more I consider a quick-adjust, built-in loop and no velcro vs a clip-on cuff and velcro... the more appealing your sling becomes.

Guess I'm a dick then.

When a manufacture starts a thread like this on a site... like this... They are going to expect frank and open discussion on the product they are introducing. Ronin isn't going to answer that question (it was more intended for what others observe) in an open forum, for several reasons- the least of which is that, in this industry, it's not generally acceptable to bad-mouth the products of other people. As well, there are also likely some legal constraints with such direct comparisons. However, given the nature of the net, it is not unreasonable to expect open discussion here from other members about NOT just the positive attributes of a product, but also some of the possible short comings. Yes, they are supporting members, but that doesn't earn them a thread where ONLY the positive aspects of their product can be discussed. When you introduce a new product, you expect the audience to give feedback- positive and negative. And really, I wasn't even asking for negative feedback, more along the lines of what trade-offs this set-up has vs a known entity, and how this set-up may address the trade-offs of the known entity. There are no free lunches, perfection in all aspects does not exist...

Sad I have to explain this.
I am wondering the same as you. I have the TIS, and while it is a great sling, I would very much like a quick adjust function, because the tension will be different whether you're lying down or standing. Based on that, this sling looks very interesting.

I went ahead and ordered one. Looks exciting enough that I want to test it myself.

I will try to compare a few slings in an article soon. That said...

I like the FTW over the TIS because of the adjustability and bungee. I think the loops are a toss up, either the TIS cuff/loop or the FTW loop will lock down very well if you cinch them tight.

The FTW has two quick adjust points, one functions as loop tightness and there is another between the loop and rifle for quick adjustments in the fly. That's a big deal.

You can set up the TIS ahead of time and it's repeatable which is great, until the position you are trying for is a smidge tighter or looser than it needs to be and you are on the clock.

The FTW allows you to press into the bungee if it's too tight or you can cinch it down more if the sling is too loose with the quick adjust.

Understand these are benefits appreciated in positional shots. If you just need a sling to carry the rifle to the line or your hunting tree stand buy a fixed sling and save yourself the money.

Yes. On the bottem of the butt stock where people have a cover on the bottem pic rail or a mono pod there is a flush cup mount. Mount the sling there. I will post a pic later tonight for clarification.
Thanks
James
Rifles Only

Yes, I attached mine underneath the buttstock using a flush cup rail(provided), instead of the regular rail.
Only catch is I had to route out a small portion of the bottom plastic hand hold thing to provide clearance to use the flush cup, that's if you still want to use it.

Bought my first bolt gun (been a semi auto shooter all my life) once I buy my scooe this will be the sling that goes on the rifle.