• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Here is an update to the Model 1924 International Match Rifle replica build. I'll make proper action screws for it tomorrow and d&t the barrel for the Unertl Scope blocks. Then I can mount the scope and do some shooting/testing with it before doing anymore finish work.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

It is a Hawke 6-24x50

Was a scope I got for my pellet rifle, but found it looks much better on the .22. Hawke is a European company that has been making scopes for a while from what I have been told. Not at all a bad scope.

Used my air brush to do it.

Just a base cost of the tan, used a stencil for the skulls, then used a mesh bag to cover the stock and then sprayed the other colors.

.17 HMR in a leopard stock, painted with a few sponges and black, white, and gray Krylon. Added pillars to the stock, dip metal, BSA 4-14 mil mil midway special.

Attachments

• 17_Leopard.jpg
    17_Leopard.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 46
d2yc7zql.jpg

SAVAGE 93R 17, BOYDS THUMBHOLE VARMIT, SWFA SS 10X42, EGW 20 M0A BASE, DIP BOTTOM METAL. THIS IS ANOTHER TAC DRIVER....

My Savage TRR-SR posted before. However, rail was removed and 20 MOA base added. HTA can and zeroed for 300 yards.

Pretty much shoot this exclusively at 300. Good practice for long distance .308.

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpg
    IMG_1471.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 40
My Savage TRR-SR posted before. However, rail was removed and 20 MOA base added. HTA can and zeroed for 300 yards.

Pretty much shoot this exclusively at 300. Good practice for long distance .308.

Why zero at 300? I'm zero'd at 50 and can dial to 300, or anywhere in between.

Nuttin special.(edt: Except to me.) Just my first 22 I got 37 years ago Xmas day. Been a lot of squirrels hit the ground over the years with this one.

22o2_zpscb6b97ec.jpg

Last edited:
A few of mine.
Old 77/22 Boy Scout Training rifle with Rack number still on it and one million scratches. Lots of external wear but thankfully good pipe
20131206_122036_zps8c85ae75.jpg

Current Favorite RF Bolt, 77/22 All Weather shortened and threaded with an Outback IID. One Holer with 38gr Aguila subs.
1373980883_zps77effede.jpg

My sons favorite fun gun, Henry Lever with a dot. He prefers this over a M&P 15-22. I know it clashes but dang is it fun.
c806195a-9bdf-4852-9cd7-8d5de4918f06_zpse837ff00.jpg

I'm going to see what kind of accuracy I can get out of the old 10/22 before I invest in a .22 bolt . I have a brick of Wolf match extra to try out . I'll need to pick up some more match ammo to see what it likes .

va2yzyte.jpg

edydupa3.jpg

Waiting on my Kidd Ultra Light Weight threaded barrel, then it'll be shoot-able
sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Here is a updated pictures and a couple of targets. The gun only has about 50 rounds or less. Been working bugs out of the scope mounts etc...The group on the left was shot at 28 yards. Measured a .135". The group on the right was shot at 114 yards. 4 of the 5 rounds measure right around .800 moa. These are 5 round groups. Shot a couple of 3 round groups at a 100 yards zeroing the scope and had one at .503" and another at like .821". Think the gun will be a hammer. Wish I had better shooting weather. Over the last week our average high has been around 15-20 degrees.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Just finished up my Savage MKII FVSR, set in a rhineland stock (bedded as best I can) DIP bottom metal, trigger guard, and 25MOA rail, then painted and topped with an SWFA SS fixed 16X, I'm a magnification whore and this rifle is pretty much purpose built for a LR trainer counterpart to my Rem 700 in 260 set in an AICS.

Here is a updated pictures and a couple of targets. The gun only has about 50 rounds or less. Been working bugs out of the scope mounts etc...The group on the left was shot at 28 yards. Measured a .135". The group on the right was shot at 114 yards. 4 of the 5 rounds measure right around .800 moa. These are 5 round groups. Shot a couple of 3 round groups at a 100 yards zeroing the scope and had one at .503" and another at like .821". Think the gun will be a hammer. Wish I had better shooting weather. Over the last week our average high has been around 15-20 degrees.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Here are some updated pictures. I had made a feed ramp/loading block several years back. Beats trying to stick the round into the chamber each time. I'll use this set up until I get the gun converted over to take a factory 5 round mag.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

I had some of the toys out to the range yesterday and while cleaning them up I pulled the rest out of the safe for a photo and a fresh coat of oil:

Built a couple matching 10/22's for my nephews first rifles, the only difference between the two is the initials on the bolts. Test targets included in the case that I shot after zeroing the scopes yesterday. Need to shoot the first one over again, didn't concentrate as much as this one, 5 shots, fifty yards.

Attachments

• KyleRifle_1583.jpg
    KyleRifle_1583.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 35
  • KyleRifle_1580.jpg
    KyleRifle_1580.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 35
Built a couple matching 10/22's for my nephews first rifles, the only difference between the two is the initials on the bolts. Test targets included in the case that I shot after zeroing the scopes yesterday. Need to shoot the first one over again, didn't concentrate as much as this one, 5 shots, fifty yards.

Me thinks you are going to have some seriously happy nephews.

That is getting it done! What are the details on the build?

It's a CZ 452 American in a Manners stock, he posted it on AR15.com a while back and I asked about it, he told me about the rail, but I forgot. I might could look it up. Seems it was custom made.

Ben

Put together a lightweight offhand plinker.
-PWS T3 tension barrel
-PWS mag release
-Superior Concepts charging handle
-Houge overmold stock
-Primary Arms MD-07 red dot

I have a Nodak Spud front sight, still need the rear sight/rail.
Probably put a better trigger in eventually too.

That is getting it done! What are the details on the build?

Well it all started when I picked up three tactical machining receivers pretty cheaply, of course I made up for that later. I'd taken the nephews out a couple times and they really enjoyed shooting. I'm the only one in the family that shoots. ;) Got approval from the wife to build them rifles for Christmas. It was a lot of fun and a couple vendors gave me a discount when I told them I was building them for my nephews first rifle. I think they'll be really excited Christmas morning, not so sure their mom will be all that happy.
Anyway here's the specs, tactical machining receiver, JWH bolt with their initials on them, it came in a kit with the charging handle. It's very nice stuff, and they were great to deal with on ordering what I wanted. Altamont Barracuda stock, which the kids will love, they're very cool looking, the inlettting is very good, I also added a brass screw that indexes on the receiver cleaning hole and helps as a second hold down. I may put in a pillar some time in the future. Factory triggers that have been cleaned up by a local smith. They're about 3 1/2 lbs but break clean, the red trigger is just for a little bling. Green Mountain barrels, 16 inches, Gunsmither block and a Midway special BSA 4-14 mil mil scope with cheaper vortex rings that were on sale at Midway. I lapped the rings but didn't take much off with the lapping just a little anodizing on one edge. I think that's everything, the other rifle shot almost as well, not one hole more of a clover leaf but that was probably me.

a close guess? light tan, fde, grey?

Can not say... Not because I do not want :cool:

We are preparing the colors by our own. We have some base (usually some neutral tan, grey or green) and than we use pigments (white, black, red, yellow, blue, light and dark green, brown...) to make color tone we want. When we have all colors we need, than we take 5-8% of each, mix them together and than give back to each color that mix. This way they are not in contrast too much (the contrast is not that bright)... This is no secret, it is pretty common ;)

As You can see on the picture, I only had some sketch I did by hand and those notes about colors are: "light, green, dark" :D Color of the action is FDE and I wanted some contrast between action and the stock.

camo1.jpg

And this is the result. I found this picture :) (with some luck, I do not take pictures - usually...) so You may see those colors next to something You know...

camo2.jpg

SH1.jpg

Sorry for my English - it is much easyer to tell, than write :eek:

CZ455 with straight .900" lilja barrel with eps match chamber, single shot adapter, J&P firing pin spring, dip aluminum mag well, trigger shimmed and spring swapped, stock refinished to a color I prefer, stock pillar and glass bedded, soon to be added bushnell banner 6-24x40.

This one I put together for my son. He wrote to Santa and requested a "camo gun". Santa knocked it out of the park. Its overkill for a 5 year old kid I know but maybe he will pass this on to his son someday. Special Thanks to Branden (Shortbus) at Custom Gun Coatings. He did a fantastic job on this for me and a speedy one as well. Made sure it was done before Christmas. If you need a stock painted...you should probably send it to Branden.

Sako Quad Built by APA
Lilja Barrel EPS Match Chamber 22lr
1/2X28 threaded with Silencerco Sparrow SS
Graphite Black Cerakote
Manners Quad Stock
Desert Multicam by Branden (Shortbus)
US Optics Base
US Optics Rings
US Optics ST-10

Now for the good part......

This one I put together for my son. He wrote to Santa and requested a "camo gun". Santa knocked it out of the park. Its overkill for a 5 year old kid I know but maybe he will pass this on to his son someday. Special Thanks to Branden (Shortbus) at Custom Gun Coatings. He did a fantastic job on this for me and a speedy one as well. Made sure it was done before Christmas. If you need a stock painted...you should probably send it to Branden.

Sako Quad Built by APA
Graphite Black Cerakote
Manners Quad Stock
US Optics Base
US Optics Rings
US Optics ST-10

For a 5 year old?! You can adopt me anytime you like! Those Sakos with the lilja drop ins shoot extremely well!

Sako Quad Built by APA
Graphite Black Cerakote
Manners Quad Stock
US Optics Base
US Optics Rings
US Optics ST-10

Home run for sure...

I would gladly let you adopt me! Or trade me scopes, whichever is easier! lol

In all seriousness awesome build! Very lucky kid!

Ben

Thanks guys. Can't wait to see his reaction. It will be worth every penny. Plus me and grandpa may have to "help" shoot it a little too. Just until he gets the hang of it.

I Got him an m&p 15-22 for his 4th birthday. Clamp that thing in my hogsaddle and he will keep me loading mags all day. Now if only the 22lr ammo would come back.

Cz452 Varmint...favorite rifle!! Eric Brooks trigger kit...trigger shoe...almost exclusively shooting subsonic or standard velocity ammo...lot of gun for the $$

Last edited:
I just realized that I have not posted a pic of my latest 22lr. It is an Anschutz 54 MS repeater, I have not had any good weather to see how it shoots but I am happy so far.

Reactions: UK Basketball