• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Introducing the CZ 455 KATKNAPPER......

MY455BUILDSMKjpg_zpsb1c2a1fa.jpg

Reactions: CarbonMTN
Here is mine

P1010546.jpg

- CZ 455 Varmit 22 LR 16"
- Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50
- Hawke Match Rings medium
- Harris Bipod Series S-L
- SAK Suppressor

Very accurate, great fun to shoot :D

--Ahnold--

S&W M&P 15-22? If so specs and what kind of accuracy do you see?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Haven't had a chance to see how it groups @ 50/100 with the new trigger & free-floated rail yet but @ 25 I'd say 1/2" or so with subsonics.

Trigger - Geissele SSA
Rail - Madbull GenIII PRI clone tube (carbon fiber)
Optics - Weaver 1x/4x glass mounted via their SPR mount
Stock - B5 SOPMOD Enhanced
Barrel - 16" OEM profiled for OPS INC brake/collar
Suppressor - OPS INC 15th
Grip - Magpull MIAD
Bipod - I just swap the Harris BRM-S on ARMS QD mount between my MK12 and the 15-22. Usually leave the bipod off accept for when shooting groups and taking pics.

Ruger American Rimfire .22lr

https://flic.kr/p/myw2wQ https://www.flickr.com/people/87653153@N00/ New here...love this site :) Showing off my first build: Ruger American 22LR, standard length barrel, Boyd's stock, PTG Bolt Knob, Nikon P-22 2-7x with BDC 150 reticle, DIP rail, Uncle Mikes sling swivels. I started with TechSights and a GI sling but since buying this scope, my first, I'm really starting to enjoy it (I've since taken off the flash hider). I hope to get some more time behind the glass this weekend!

First one is a 10-22 ruger with an arch angel stock. Then I added a ER Shaw Match grade Helically fluted barrel that was threaded 1/2-28. I then added a Leupold 2-7-33 var x 2 scope. And finally a Volquartsen trigger group. Then the gun was confiscated by my 8 year old (at the time) daughter. Who then add her own very special touch. A whole lot of "HELLO KITTY" stickers.

Next we have a full blown Volquartsen in 22 magnum. It has a straight fluted barrel with the compensator brake added. I had them thread it 1/2-28 so that I can use a suppressor on it. It is housed in the McMillan thumb whole stock. Probably my favorite gun. Has a Leupold var x 3 3.5x10x40 scope on it. This is def not the right scope on this rig. I am working to get the right scope on it.

What's left are two Ruger mark 2 pistols. One with a Pac Lite threaded upper . I have a spikes tactical st-22 pistol ( they ar style in the pictures) with an sb-15 stock attached. The barrel is 7 inches long. It also is threaded for a 1/2-28.

I have two other very plain all stainless in synthetic stock 10-22. But I did not want to bore you guys.

The suppressor is a huntertown arms. cheap but very effective.

Last edited:
Recently changed out the stock from a AICS to the XLR. Set up exactly the same as my 6x47 comp rifle.

CMP 40X action, trued
PT&G bolt
Rock Creek barrel
CG Trigger

Last edited:
Pics are pretty blurry sorry. CZ 455 precisions trainer, Glass and pillar bedded Manners stock with devcon texturing, Timney trigger, Lilja barrel, Cerakote FDE and a bolt knob I spun up to fit.

CZ.jpg

CZ1.jpg

Here is my sons squirrel gun. It is a Savage 64. I repainted the stock to accomodate his likings... I prefer an old Mossberg 702 I picked up for 100 bucks from Wally world and it has been the best shooter I have in .22LR

My 2-Gun Rifle JPNC22 is finally complete. Just got a ACE Stock and extended charging handle.
Here are the stats of my rifle
Upper: JPNC22 (Nordic bolt/upper receiver and JP match barrel)
Hand guard: Extra long JP rapid configuration hand guard system.
Optics: Vortex Crossfire Gen II
Irons: GDT AR15 AR 15 Front and Rear 45 Degree Rapid Transition BUIS Backup Iron Sight.
Lower: Spikes dedicated 22 lower with CMC drop in 3.5LB trigger, ACE skeleton buttstock, Ergo sure grip.
JPNC22 completed by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here is another one for Frank... my Russian Zenith 3 .22lr target rifle, circa late 1950's to early 1960's. I just finished restoring it and test fired it...pretty good for an un-bedded rifle from the '50's. I believe this was an export model as it is marked "made in Russia" in english sript. I put an old Unertl 10x on it to test for accuracy. I used Eley Match. Not a bad group at 50 meters considering the low magnification, less than top grade ammo, and somewhat windy and hot (100 degreess) conditions.
Russian Zenuth 3 .22.jpgRussian Zenith 3 (2).jpgRussian Zenith 3.jpgrussian Zenith 3 (3).jpg

Last edited:
A stock Ruger 10/22 and the three round group was taken from a bench rest at 100 yards.

Attachments

• Ruger 1022 b.JPG
    Ruger 1022 b.JPG
    399.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Ruger 1022.jpg
    Ruger 1022.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 44
I think I may have posted this one in an earlier configuration, but here it is in it's final state. CZ 452 Varmint 22LR in a Klinsky stock. Silincerco Sparrow, Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44, and a Tab Gear biathlon sling. It's punched a lot of paper and rang a lot of steel, but this is it's first blood. 55yds right behind the ear. :)

I think I may have posted this one in an earlier configuration, but here it is in it's final state. CZ 452 Varmint 22LR in a Klinsky stock. Silincerco Sparrow, Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44, and a Tab Gear biathlon sling. It's punched a lot of paper and rang a lot of steel, but this is it's first blood. 55yds right behind the ear. :)

Your Varmint got a varmint

My goal of a 40X trainer that is identical to my .260 is getting closer. All that's left is to scope them the same. I have 2 of the new Steiner 5-25's on pre-order, so I'll hopefully be done in September or October. The 40X just got a new Lilja barrel. I had it cut to 24" instead of the 27" of the .260 to reduce dwell time of the bullet in the barrel but still look and feel similar to the big dog.

I shot it for the first time this morning in this configuration.

I tried 3 types of Eley ammo. Target, Edge, and Match. There was enough wind to muddy the waters, but I did get almost 2 groups fired during lulls in the wind. The group shot with Edge measures 1/4" (5 shots at 50m). The group with Match measured a little less 3/16" till the last shot when the wind came up just in time to spoil it. I was running the bolt as fast as I could, but just couldn't get all 5 off in time. It even shot inexpensive Target pretty well, laying down a couple of groups of less than 3/8".

I'm pretty darn happy with how it's turning out. My only regret is putting the 40X in an AICS 1.5 instead of another 2.0. It's a huge PITA to clean with that adjustable butt plate.

My only regret is putting the 40X in an AICS 1.5 instead of another 2.0. It's a huge PITA to clean with that adjustable butt plate.

That's the great thing about rimfire, you only have to clean every few thousand rounds...

Nice rifles by the way!

Pull the adjustable cheek piece off and use a good bore guide with a 40x cut out and cleaning is easy.

Savage MK II in an Airsoft G96 AICS stock. Action completely free-floated and pillar bedded to the chassis. Anschutz bolt knob. 60% Burnt Bronze 40% Sniper Grey Cerakote. The fake supressor actually improved accuracy markedly...harmonics I guess. Shoots one hole... 1/2 inch edge to edge at 50 meters with Eley Match.

Savage MK II in an Airsoft G96 AICS stock. Action completely free-floated and pillar bedded to the chassis. Anschutz bolt knob. 60% Burnt Bronze 40% Sniper Grey Cerakote. The fake supressor actually improved accuracy markedly...harmonics I guess. Shoots one hole... 1/2 inch edge to edge at 50 meters with Eley Match.

P1000795_zpsf4fc5418.jpg Photo by buffalowinter | Photobucket

P1000793_zps9765770a.jpg Photo by buffalowinter | Photobucket

P1000794_zpsd4ddb92a.jpg Photo by buffalowinter | Photobucket

P1000785_zps0eba8646.jpg Photo by buffalowinter | Photobucket

Nice. I wish I had the tools and the aptitude to attempt what you did. Seems like a lot of people have done the Mark II in the airsoft AI chassis.

I just got a Mark II last week. Seems like Savage has a rebate on a few of their rifles. I got mine a few days earlier before the offer, but I mailed in the coupon anyway, cross my fingers. Anyway, here's mine:

P8023584.JPG

P8023585.JPG

Here she is without the fake can:

P8023599.JPG

I got a Mark II as a warm-up/practice rifle my other Savage, the 10TR:

P8023604.JPG

Great rifle so far, pretty happy with it. The only thing that bothered me was that it cost me more than the 10TR, haha!

My first rimfire in progress. I ordered a barrel from er shaw a few weeks ago. I had them cut down one of their helical flutes to 16" and thread it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the 1-4 scope on there but it feels GREAT. It may stay on..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407364997.287300.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407365006.153698.jpg

AP upper and lower, CMMG .22lr barrel and BCG, KMR rail, Magpul stock grip and BUIS, QMS trigger, Bushnell red dot. I plan to cerakote the rail to match the upper/lower.

clicky on pic
IMAG0748.jpg

Last edited:
show some pics of your rimfire sticks!!

Savage .17 HMR FVSS
Picked up this .17 HMR the other day and bedded the action first thing along with filling the complete stock with bedding material to stiffen it up. Free floated the barrel a little more, lapped the bolt, and decided to stipple the stock with a wood burner instead of Marine-Tex since the tupperware melts easy. Added a weaver 25x and some Burris Tactical mounts, Karsten Adjustable cheek rest, and milled the bolt knob down to add a stainless oversized I picked up on ebay.

5ana7y2y.jpg
qyja4aga.jpg
gu8y3u6a.jpg
ygy6u2a9.jpg
u3ysejaj.jpg

Last edited:
Savage 93R17 FVSS
Karsten Cheek Rest
Stainless Tactical Bolt knob
Burris Rings
Weaver 25x
Stock bedded and filled
Lapped and polished bolt
Removed checkering & stippled stock
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409499374.512676.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409499432.166558.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409499462.002565.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409499480.878564.jpg

My new Savage FV-SR in general purpose plinker/small game hunter configuration.

Boyds Rimfire Hunter stock in Forest Camo
DIP bottom metal
Mueller Tac II 3-10x44 (needed a home) in Weaver Grand Slam rings
A1 flash Hider (just for looks)

Gonna stretch it's legs at 200 yards real soon.

FV_SR_011.jpg

Just ordered mine Michael. Once it gets to Canada I'll do a right up on it and hopefully get you some sales North of the border. For 170 bucks this is the best 10/22 upgrade to come in years. I'm excited to shoot it.

Savage MKIIFVSR 22LR in an Airsoft AICS chassis. Pillar bedded into chassis. Entire action and barrel free-floated. Re-drilled action for larger action screws. Fake suppressor serves as a barrel tuner. Shoots one ragged hole...about .375 inches at 50m. Burnt bronze/graphite black cerakote. Anschutz bolt knob.

Most fun I've had with a 22lr.

CMMG 4.5" barrel with my SWR Spectre can and a Sig armbrace on a pistol lower. Subsonic with bulk pack.

imagejpg1_zpsa645b946.jpg~original
[/URL]

My British L85. Built from an Airsoft L85 body using a Marlin Model 60, it has been extensively modified and Cerakoted.