• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

RimX Benchrest Stock

Jspool

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2020
I plan to start shooting N50 matches with my 22lr. Its a RimX sitting in a Manners mini chassis. Does anyone make an actual benchrest stock that will ride in my Randolph one piece rest that will work for me. It seems that all the benchrest stocks I find are for single shot actions.

I plan to start shooting N50 matches with my 22lr. Its a RimX sitting in a Manners mini chassis. Does anyone make an actual benchrest stock that will ride in my Randolph one piece rest that will work for me. It seems that all the benchrest stocks I find are for single shot actions.
Try calling some manufacturers.

Try calling some manufacturers.
If you.re talking 3in forearm I don't know of any stock builders that offers one for a magazine fed bolt gun. McMillan might custom inlet their Edge series for DBM but it will take forever if they would even consider that type of inlet on the Edge series stock. A simple solution is the 3 inch adaptor plate that mounts to the forend bottom rail. I use one on a Graboe Ridgeback. I don't really care for them but they do work.

Might be worth a a shot to call LRI and ask about thier 3D action inlet and what your options are.
Pretty sure they start with a flat top non inletted stock and machine it to your action based off of 3D modeling sofware.

If you.re talking 3in forearm I don't know of any stock builders that offers one for a magazine fed bolt gun. McMillan might custom inlet their Edge series for DBM but it will take forever if they would even consider that type of inlet on the Edge series stock. A simple solution is the 3 inch adaptor plate that mounts to the forend bottom rail. I use one on a Graboe Ridgeback. I don't really care for them but they do work.

https://xlrindustries.com/products/m-lok-bench-rest-guide-plate ?

I'd call McMillan and see if they can do a Kestros magazine fed.

The fore end is easy. I already machined out a 3” acra based forend. I could do the same for the butt (already did one for my Delta Wolf with a picatinny mount, but I want to is a “V” style butt for my rest. I have an email out to McMillan to see whether they can alter a Kestros for me. For those that might be wondering why I wouldn’t just single load, the RimX cannot be single fed.

Struck out with MacMillan and Manners. Guess I’ll take a look at either making my own or modifying my PRS

Struck out with MacMillan and Manners. Guess I’ll take a look at either making my own or modifying my PRS
Did you call LRI? He's the goat.

Buy whatever and send it to him if he's willing