• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes ring height for nightforce

justintimesc

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2010
South Carolina
It's time to order my rings for my build that will be finishing up next week. Have a nightforce and wanting to mount it in badger ordnance or nightforce rings. Will be using a 20MOA rail from either badger or nightforce depending on the rings I go with. Gun is a remington 700 with a m40 contour barrel which is 1.200" for 4" X .913" @ 24.
I did check the sticky but I just wanna get this right the first time. All help is appreciated.

Re: ring height for nightforce

I have a similiar setup. I run a 20 MOA nightforce base and I used their low (.885") ultralite rings (I talke to Ken @ Nightforce before ordering) I run it on the contour below:

Material: Stainless Steel
Contour No.: Remington Varmint
Contour Type: SPT
Breech Diameter: 1.25
Breech Length: 2.2
Blank Length: 27
Neck Diameter: .96
Neck Length: 4.7
Muzzle Diameter: .83
Finish Length: 26
Bore: .3
Groove: .308
Twist: 10
No. of Grooves: 5

Re: ring height for nightforce

Maybe it would be a good idea to call Nightforce just to check. I'm running the 0 cant Burris two piece steel bases (tactical?) with medium rings with my Nightforce 5.5-22X50 and it was close. I had to shave some material from the rubber covers that came with the scope to be able to get the front cover on.

I'm new to bolt guns so please forgive my ingnorance, but if I understand the way the 20MOA base works, it will cant the front of the scope downward, so it might be tight for your application. I'm shooting an SPS Tactical, btw. I think that my barrel has a taper similar to yours being .890 at the muzzle.