• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP Dennis Hopper

G

Dennis Hopper, the director, star and co-writer of "Easy Rider" and an edgy actor in numerous other films, has died at age 74 after a lengthy illness, his production company Easy Rider Productions confirmed.
The acclaimed actor lost his battle with prostate cancer in Venice, Calif.

Hopper died at 8:15 a.m. PT at his home in Venice, Calif., from complications of prostate cancer, a friend, Alex Hitz, told the Reuters news service.

Though he may be best known for "Easy Rider," the 1969 cult classic, Hopper's film and television career extended back into the 1950s and he stayed active up until recently.

He also was considered something of a Hollywood wild man, whose battles with drugs, alcohol and erratic behavior may have helped stall his career in periods both before and after "Easy Rider."

Nevertheless, he enjoyed an acting comeback in the 1980s and afterwards on the strength of films such as "Apocalypse Now" (1979), "Rumble Fish" (1983) and "Blue Velvet" (1986).

Despite his declining condition in recent months, Hopper recently appeared in Hollywood to receive a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame in March. Surrounded by his children and colleagues, the actor appeared to be in good spirits, smiling, laughing and waving.

"Everything I learned in life I learned from you," he told a crowd of supporters at the star ceremony, referring to Hollywood. "This means so much to me. Thank you very much everyone, and Hollywood."

Re: RIP Dennis Hopper

frown.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h5JXrP8yv8o"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h5JXrP8yv8o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks Tucker,

I used to do a variation on this to bust the balls of a particularly dumbass drywall finisher who used to work for one of my subcontractors back in the '90's

He talked like Hopper in this scene and I made people laugh imitating him!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4TAixFYnDh4&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4TAixFYnDh4&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

ill miss his work. i liked him in "tuned out" i think it was. he played a 60s radical and Keifer sutherland was an FBI agent

I always liked him as the drunk in Hoosiers. Great role for him.

Actually Hopper became a conservative in his later years. Very unlike his "hippie icon" image in his earlier years. R.I.P., Hopp. You will be missed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always liked him as the drunk in Hoosiers. Great role for him. </div></div>

He did a great job in that one, for sure.

All the old actors made the best movies. The best biker movie ever made was Easyriders back in the day and DH made it pretty darn good. His roles as the crazy man were always fun to watch, and his biker role in 'Hell Ride' was right on. He could play it staright or totally twisted with his talent.
Politics have always been the play place of the movie stars and the movie stars have always been the play place for the politicians. They are made for each other. Lots of DB's, and some pretty darn good ones(Eastwood for one...uh can't rightly think of a good politician though)